• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ok then he may be better than I thought. Didn't really know him and when I looked him up he was supposedly a below average athlete who was projected as a UDFA

he's not got great long-speed
but in the 10-20yd range he's twitchy as hell

not in love with him as a prospect but he's definitely not a udfa type - i would have said he's a 5th rounder (which i suppose makes some sense with one of the last picks in the 4th)

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
he's not got great long-speed
but in the 10-20yd range he's twitchy as hell

not in love with him as a prospect but he's definitely not a udfa type - i would have said he's a 5th rounder (which i suppose makes some sense with one of the last picks in the 4th)
Ok great thank you!!

marklar

Pro Bowler
I am satiefied with this round although it went strange towards the end. But I trust that they have a plan.

Signing out for today. Hope we take someone fun with the last pick. No fullbacks, please ^_^

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tbh not super impressed by what’s left at LB. Don’t see much difference between the guys here and UDFAs. Our next pick will likely be a choice UDFA target we don’t want to get away. I suspect we won’t go RB unless we really really really love the guy because Baltimore is an attractive destination for a RB. If I had to guess, it’s either WR, OL, DL, Edge.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
How are we going to accomodate all these players on our roster. Don't you think we should've trade a few picks for next year?
Looking through the picks:

Hamilton: Immediate starter with Stephens as the backup/nickel safety. Chuck will become a backup and a special teams ace.
Linderbaum: Starting C. Last years centers will compete for the backup spot and one probably get cut.
Ojabu: Outside of Bowser and Oweh we had fuck all for edge rushers. When he's healthy he'll get a ton of playing time.
Travis Jones: Immediate starter at NT. We had three worthwhile DTs before the draft, and one of them is on the edge of retirement.
Faalele: We had no backup OT. Closest was Juwan James whole hasn't played in awhile.
Armour-Davis and Williams: We didn't have a true nickel back (a couple safeties that can play it, but not any corners), and only two outside corners. These two will both make the team unless they're awful.
Kolar and Likely: Boyle is gone, and Lamar likes throwing to TEs. These two will be used a lot as big WRs in the slot.
Stout: Replaces Koch.

Many of our position groups were razor thin. All of these guys, plus the sixth and some UDFAs and a couple vet FAs could make the team. It's not a full rebuild but definitely a reset to the depth chart.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
BPA is a religion and they've earned the benefit of the doubt over all these years with it
i guess you just trust it
If nothing else you need someone who can threaten the field vertically Should something happen to mark Andrews at the tight and position

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Looking through the picks:

Hamilton: Immediate starter with Stephens as the backup/nickel safety. Chuck will become a backup and a special teams ace.
Linderbaum: Starting C. Last years centers will compete for the backup spot and one probably get cut.
Ojabu: Outside of Bowser and Oweh we had fuck all for edge rushers. When he's healthy he'll get a ton of playing time.
Travis Jones: Immediate starter at NT. We had three worthwhile DTs before the draft, and one of them is on the edge of retirement.
Faalele: We had no backup OT. Closest was Juwan James whole hasn't played in awhile.
Armour-Davis and Williams: We didn't have a true nickel back (a couple safeties that can play it, but not any corners), and only two outside corners. These two will both make the team unless they're awful.
Kolar and Likely: Boyle is gone, and Lamar likes throwing to TEs. These two will be used a lot as big WRs in the slot.
Stout: Replaces Koch.

Many of our position groups were razor thin. All of these guys, plus the sixth and some UDFAs and a couple vet FAs could make the team. It's not a full rebuild but definitely a reset to the depth chart.

Boyle is not gone this year. There is 0 cap savings to cutting Boyle and neither TE can block (certainly not up to Boyle's level). I would wager Boyle is gone after this year based on those picks but he is basically locked into the roster this year.