• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simba

Staff Member
Was out and about today but watching from the bar, so here are my catch up thoughts

4a. Daniel Faalele - a prototypical Ravens pick. Needs to control the weight and conditioning but has all of the tools to slot into RT in the next year or so.

4b. Jalyn Armour-Davis - my favorite of the day. Anthony Averett 2.0 in some respects. Only 1 year as a starter and needs some more seasoning but showed a lot of good things. Premium ST potential.

4c. Charlie Kolar - solid enough guy. Felt like a Ravens type of TE through and through. Doesn't do it very well yet but projects well as a blocker as well.

4d. Jordan Stout - Araiza got the hype but I quietly though Stout was the better prospect. Hangtime and accuracy. Should kick in this league for 15 years.

4e. Isaiah Likely - the only one I'm super iffy on. Tested well but something about the tape just didn't hit for me. Interesting to go with 2 TEs as well.

4f. Damarion Williams - a late discovery in the process. Physical, feisty, but lacking in the speed department. Projects really well as a nickel guy however.

Very surprised we didn't end up with a RB. Felt the value was really good here but guess there's still round 6. Other positions that would have been nice to hit: RB, WR, ILB, Edge (basically, expect these to be the focuses in UDFA)

Simba

Staff Member
i struggled with likely's tape too
idk what it is about him but he just looks weird when he's moving lol - weird body-shape maybe?
Yeah idk what it is. Just something didn't look right there. Just felt like he was moving in slow motion to an extent.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I still can't believe we got Hamilton, Linderbaum and Ojabo. If I said this in February you'd think I was sniffing ajax. Don't know much about Jones, but watching him move is incredible for someone that size. Then add the guys coming back and it's like we hit two drafts. They need to hurry up with this schedule release.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
what is it about the Ravens. Whenever we draft a te, it can't just be one.

Ed Dickson
Dennis Pitta

Maxx Williams
Nick Boyle

Waller later converted to TE

Hayden Hurst
Mark Andrews

Kolar
Likely