• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Kyle Hamilton

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
When Brother @JAAM and I were solidifying our #SIIE list, we had KH as one of the consensus candidates. Yes, I will forever judge Hamilton on THAT tweet lol, but I'm amazed that we even got him just like we signed Williams in FA.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
When Brother @JAAM and I were solidifying our #SIIE list, we had KH as one of the consensus candidates. Yes, I will forever judge Hamilton on THAT tweet lol, but I'm amazed that we even got him just like we signed Williams in FA.
LETS GOOOOOO WE DID IT!!!

D1City55

Pro Bowler
Love the pick. Hes going to be a great safety here. You rarely get an opportunity to pick a player this talented.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Apparently, this guy is SMART smart.

50CA440A-C70D-41E9-A8EE-890623DC46A6.jpeg

KH: “sorry chuckie boy.. it’s my green dot now…” >:D

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Just found out he is half Korean. That is awesome!

also funny: he was born on crete and moved around his entire life. linderbaum has always lived in iowa. this will be a fun duo

marklar

Pro Bowler
Give me a few days and I think I will be really hyped by this pick.
But I haven't yet gotten over Philly jumping us for Davis. I would have felt better if he was on the board and we passed on him for Hamilton; now I feel like I got mugged ^_^

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Give me a few days and I think I will be really hyped by this pick.
But I haven't yet gotten over Philly jumping us for Davis. I would have felt better if he was on the board and we passed on him for Hamilton; now I feel like I got mugged ^_^

I felt the same way last night, but maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Hamilton could end up becoming an absolute beast in this defense and I think we'll end up thanking Philly sometime down the line for jumping us.

If we can add one or two more CBs in the draft then I think our secondary is going to be very tough for teams to deal with.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just found out he is half Korean. That is awesome!

also funny: he was born on crete and moved around his entire life. linderbaum has always lived in iowa. this will be a fun duo

Our version of Hines Ward. Hopefully he says hello to the Steelers like Ward did to the Ravens lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member

expect a shit ton of dime with queen as the only LB

McDonald must be rubbing his hands with glee - in his introductory presser he talked about how strong his belief was in the importance of being able to disguise coverage and also present different looks pre-snap and post-snap - we've now got 4 safeties who can play all sorts of roles on the defence...

you've got chuck and hamilton who can play down at mike and chuck can even play on the LoS
you've got stephens who can play all across the defensive backend from inside to out and man-cover
you've got williams and hamilton who can both win as single-high deep defenders and stephens was progressing as a post safety last year too
you've got hamilton and stephens who are both very comfortable covering TEs and backs out of the backfield
you've got chuck who's an excellent blitzer and has lined up at basically every spot on the defence it's possible to line up at... including stood up at the nose

so much multiplicity and versatility in that group and you can present all sorts of different looks and then roll coverage

D1City55

Pro Bowler

expect a shit ton of dime with queen as the only LB

McDonald must be rubbing his hands with glee - in his introductory presser he talked about how strong his belief was in the importance of being able to disguise coverage and also present different looks pre-snap and post-snap - we've now got 4 safeties who can play all sorts of roles on the defence...

you've got chuck and hamilton who can play down at mike and chuck can even play on the LoS
you've got stephens who can play all across the defensive backend from inside to out and man-cover
you've got williams and hamilton who can both win as single-high deep defenders and stephens was progressing as a post safety last year too
you've got hamilton and stephens who are both very comfortable covering TEs and backs out of the backfield
you've got chuck who's an excellent blitzer and has lined up at basically every spot on the defence it's possible to line up at... including stood up at the nose

so much multiplicity and versatility in that group and you can present all sorts of different looks and then roll coverage

Thats what I was thinking, you have the opportunity to disguise coverage and when you do that you need guys with speed--well they have that in Hamilton and Williams. Not to mention that you also can play Chuck closer to the LOS now as a Dime back, something the Ravens do but now he can play closer to the LOS consistently with the green dot. I look at this as the Ravens picking a DB and a very talented one at that. I'm ecstatic about this pick, I get that people are disappointed that Davis didn't fall but this guy was seen as a potential top 5 pick months ago, he's that talented.