• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: David Ojabo

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I thought it was cool when the draft coverage showed Ojabo before he got the call and then switched to the Ravens war room right before the pick.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ojabo is still my favorite pick from the whole draft
great picks from the 1st pick Kyle Hamilton to our last pick in tyler badie (badass). There weren't any 'wtf' moments in this draft.

Wonder how many starters we get out of this draft, not only in the rookie years, but over the first four years. This one could set records.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
great picks from the 1st pick Kyle Hamilton to our last pick in tyler badie (badass). There weren't any 'wtf' moments in this draft.

Wonder how many starters we get out of this draft, not only in the rookie years, but over the first four years. This one could set records.
I really think it has the chance to

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

48693E4C-FC40-4902-A0B5-B10358ED3ABF.jpeg

The reaction of his mom when David’s brother told her who’s on the other line.. you knew David told her Baltimore was one of his top choices.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
too early to say right now but they seem to be hoping for October/November (though whether that's being activated for practice or being ready to play is ambiguous)
agree but Ojabo seems to think he is ahead of schedule.

Mainejet

Practice Squad
Yeah, i was all about wanting to take a flyer on injured top prospects like Jameson Williams and David Ojabo. However, Williams went way before I thought he would. David Ojabo went right where I thought he should. Ravens got excellent value on the pick. The word in NY was the Jets shouldn't take any of the two because they need returns from their players right now and the Jets aren't a championship caliber team. I don't necessarily agree with that? To me good value is good value. But I guess I understand the thought process. So what's the prognosis for Ojabo to make his debut?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah, i was all about wanting to take a flyer on injured top prospects like Jameson Williams and David Ojabo. However, Williams went way before I thought he would. David Ojabo went right where I thought he should. Ravens got excellent value on the pick. The word in NY was the Jets shouldn't take any of the two because they need returns from their players right now and the Jets aren't a championship caliber team. I don't necessarily agree with that? To me good value is good value. But I guess I understand the thought process. So what's the prognosis for Ojabo to make his debut?
There hasn't been an official timeline on Ojabo, but even if he misses the entire season it will still be great value for a player I had as a top 10 player pre injury. I have heard Jameson Williams could be ready by day 1, so I wouldn't have had an issue if we drafted him in the 2nd round either, however I certainly wouldn't have wanted Williams over Ojabo if both were available in the 2nd.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

that seems silly to me as a rationale for not taking those sorts of guys - if you arent a championship team then you can afford to wait on high quality talents who are only available because of their injuries

jameson williams and the lions is a case in point - they know they are at least a year away so they can afford to wait if that's necessary