• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Daniel Faalele

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Oh yeah!

Athletic freak, enormous dude. Developmental and maybe a RT only dude. Gonna have to learn how to vertical set and make sure he plays inside out but he's just so big, dudes are gonna have to orbit him to get to Lamar.

He enters the NFL and is immediately the heaviest player in the league (and that's after trimming down in 2021 lol).

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Check this out.... if Greg Roman was creative enough, our red zone offense would be unstoppable. Saw a highlight where he threw a Touchdown too.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
if we thought Jordan Davis ait offensive lineman for breakfast, well Faalele ate Jordan Davis for breakfast lunch and dinner

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Faalele is gonna need work, but come year 3 he might be our starter, and he could become an actually great RT. He didn’t often drop to nfl depth, but at times when he had to he did it surprisingly smoothly, his biggest issue is dealing with inside counters against speed rushers when he is trying to take a deep drop, he struggles to reroute his weight back inside, and he also struggles with low flexible benders, his pad level is usually too high and he can’t stop the bend when guys shoulders are literally at his waist.

Get faalele about 20 lbs lighter, work on flexibility, and then go to work on pad level and how to use his length and strength to make up for the deficiencies. With conditioning, flex training, and enough technique training, he could be RARE. He absolutely blanks guys when he lands the mitts on you, fuck Trevor penning and his overhyped tough guy temperament which will draw flags, faalele casually throws your dick in the dirt between the whistles and he does it without even trying.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Faalele is gonna need work, but come year 3 he might be our starter, and he could become an actually great RT. He didn’t often drop to nfl depth, but at times when he had to he did it surprisingly smoothly, his biggest issue is dealing with inside counters against speed rushers when he is trying to take a deep drop, he struggles to reroute his weight back inside, and he also struggles with low flexible benders, his pad level is usually too high and he can’t stop the bend when guys shoulders are literally at his waist.

Get faalele about 20 lbs lighter, work on flexibility, and then go to work on pad level and how to use his length and strength to make up for the deficiencies. With conditioning, flex training, and enough technique training, he could be RARE. He absolutely blanks guys when he lands the mitts on you, fuck Trevor penning and his overhyped tough guy temperament which will draw flags, faalele casually throws your dick in the dirt between the whistles and he does it without even trying.

i agree with most of that
what i would say is that faalele is actually pretty good at using his length and size in pass sets already - he basically never took a vertical set or even 45 degree set in college because he didnt need to - he worked out that if he horizontal setted and closed the space to the rusher, his size and ability to latch or snatch was so dominant that guys couldnt do almost anything against him - as you say though, that's where he could get into trouble vs redirection

i actually really respect what he went and did at the senior bowl... which was work on his vertical sets and 45 sets that he'd literally never done in games before at Minnesota - so there's all those reps on day 1 and day 2 of senior bowl practices where he's getting bulled or out-leveraged by these tiny guys and people are panicking but it's because he's trying out new stuff because that's the exact perfect place to try out new stuff

his ability to snatch rushers who try and get 2 hands into his chest is brutal - what he did to the ohio state kid was hilarious

Mainejet

Practice Squad
My honest, shoot from the hip opinion on this guy? This is really the ONLY pick The Ravens made that I didn't like.
Sure this guy is as big as a Maine Moose. But it's his mobility, quickness, and athleticism that bothers me. Not to mention I think his height is a liability when LJ goes back to throw. Watched him in the senior bowl and I came away unimpressed. He got run over a few times due to standing up to straight and not getting his pad level lower.. That's going to be hard for him anyway because he's so tall.. His size is noteworthy but I'm confident he isn't going to help the Ravens win football games.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
My honest, shoot from the hip opinion on this guy? This is really the ONLY pick The Ravens made that I didn't like.
Sure this guy is as big as a Maine Moose. But it's his mobility, quickness, and athleticism that bothers me. Not to mention I think his height is a liability when LJ goes back to throw. Watched him in the senior bowl and I came away unimpressed. He got run over a few times due to standing up to straight and not getting his pad level lower.. That's going to be hard for him anyway because he's so tall.. His size is noteworthy but I'm confident he isn't going to help the Ravens win football games.

he was trying out new things at the senior bowl - he'd never vertical set in his life back at minnesota because they straight up never asked him to so he spent the week working on it and got run over a couple of times in the first couple of days

but he's got quickness and athleticism and flexibility at his size that is freakish - his only athletic issue is really about his ability to redirect

he's the exact type of guy the ravens have had success developing before and recently with Orlando Brown Jr too - he's also not going to be asked to start in year 1

Mainejet

Practice Squad
he was trying out new things at the senior bowl - he'd never vertical set in his life back at minnesota because they straight up never asked him to so he spent the week working on it and got run over a couple of times in the first couple of days

but he's got quickness and athleticism and flexibility at his size that is freakish - his only athletic issue is really about his ability to redirect

he's the exact type of guy the ravens have had success developing before and recently with Orlando Brown Jr too - he's also not going to be asked to start in year 1
That's because he's incapable of starting right now. He would get your QB killed right now. I think it's a good idea for him to be a developmental understudy probably on the practice squad or not on the game day 47. He needs coaching for for 2 years or more. Revisit his status in a few years to see if he's going to. But my honest take is I'm glad Joe Douglas wasn't interested....

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
That's because he's incapable of starting right now. He would get your QB killed right now. I think it's a good idea for him to be a developmental understudy probably on the practice squad or not on the game day 47. He needs coaching for for 2 years or more. Revisit his status in a few years to see if he's going to. But my honest take is I'm glad Joe Douglas wasn't interested....

I see a lot of Ramon Harewood in Faalele's game

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think you are clearly underestimating him and believe he will have his times on the game day roster, especially lining up as the 6th OL in multiple instances. You let him go to practice squad and he will definitely be picked up by another team. NO DOUBT AT ALL

rossihunter2

Staff Member

he's not as developmental as you think lol
and he's going to be active in year 1 - he's going to play the 6th man in heavy sets for sure while they work on his pass sets
he's for sure not heading to the practice squad where another team can snipe him as a traitsy developmental guy

and there's no question he needs some seasoning but idk that he needs 2 years or more to get where he needs to be - jordan mailata was way less developed than he was, and also far less traitsy

joe douglas wasnt interested because faalele's not a scheme fit for what the jets want to do in the running game

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
What's the difference between Faalele and Harewood other than the collegiate level difference being majorly different