• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

ravens have interest in victor cruz, thoughts?

The Greek

Veteran
i personally believe he would make a solid addition to the wr corps. he was healthy last season but the giants went with the younger guys so he was a #4 option for the most part but still did enough to warrant a look imo.

Tiz

Practice Squad
Meh. I don't view him as a grinder like boldin is and I think that is what our younger wr corp needs.

We got speed and a veteran presence in Wallace but that hard hat and lunch box type of work ethic seems missing.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Source?

If we passed on so many options and then opt for victor cruz I will seriously begin to question our FO. He offers absolutely nothing.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I would like it although I wouldn't feel like this is enough. Cruz offers a more refined style than our deep threats, and he would make a nice intermediate targets, plus he's a cool locker room presence. But he won't be a go to guy for Joe, not a difference maker like we'd want, though there probably isn't any available anyway.
I really want us to trade for Jordan Matthews. If we do that and add Cruz I'd be pretty excited.

The Greek

Veteran
Source?

If we passed on so many options and then opt for victor cruz I will seriously begin to question our FO. He offers absolutely nothing.[/QUOTE nbc sports.com and baltimore beatdown
[doublepost=1494538719,1494538639][/doublepost]
Source?

If we passed on so many options and then opt for victor cruz I will seriously begin to question our FO. He offers absolutely nothing.[/QUOTE nbc sports.com and baltimore beatdown

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Source?

If we passed on so many options and then opt for victor cruz I will seriously begin to question our FO. He offers absolutely nothing.
Pft, not much better than jlc for that matter.

To me it seems that they are throwing spaghetti at a wall and seeing if something sticks.

Last edited:

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Meh. Him and Wallace share a similar style. I guess for a cheap deal, I wouldn't complain. Just send all of our guys on streak/post patterns.

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
Source?

I received a CBS Sports notification about this "mutual interest". Then I saw it on Baltimore Beatdown as well as profootballrumors.com
[doublepost=1494572970,1494572054][/doublepost]I'd prefer that they wait longer before signing a WR. A team might make a surprise a cut.

The current FA WR list doesn't really provide answers. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/wide-receiver/available/

V.Jackson, Cruz & S.Johnson all are coming off of injured filled seasons and have lost several steps to their game.
P.Harvin is a head case literally.

Boldin - I'm in the minority because I don't want to see this reunion, it's nothing against Boldin but I see Flacco forcing balls to him similar to Pitta at the detriment of the offense.

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
I have no problem with signing Cruz as long as his medicals check out and his contract is for the veteran minimum with no signing bonus and nothing guaranteed . The Ravens could add incentives but I see no reason to take any risk with Cruz.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Cruz is a guy where he once had talent but he's no longer going to bring what he once did to an offense. I'm not sure how much he'll really change our offense. People talk about guys losing a step and being hurt...well this guy is practically the definition of that.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Thoughts on Cruz as a raven? Bad thoughts.

Seriously I don't understand how we pass on some options at wr and then go after victor freaking Cruz. I will bet hard cash that he never surpasses 500 yards again in his career unless he plays for a high octane passing offense

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Doesn't Cruz also have problems with drops, at times? I'm gonna be pissed if this turns into a Lee Evans situation where he ends up dropping a pass at a critical time. I don't think we should rush to sign him until we've explored other options.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Thoughts on Cruz as a raven? Bad thoughts.

Seriously I don't understand how we pass on some options at wr and then go after victor freaking Cruz. I will bet hard cash that he never surpasses 500 yards again in his career unless he plays for a high octane passing offense

Did we pass on them or did they just get paid better to play elsewhere?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Did we pass on them or did they just get paid better to play elsewhere?
well vincent jackson is still on the market and imo hes an infinitely better option for us. isaiah ford in the 6th is an immense value and we opted for a ST safety instead, ford would come here and be automatically the third best receiver on the team.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
well vincent jackson is still on the market and imo hes an infinitely better option for us. isaiah ford in the 6th is an immense value and we opted for a ST safety instead, ford would come here and be automatically the third best receiver on the team.

I am not sure he is better then Moore though to be fair to be the 3rd best receiver at the moment is not hard when the Ravens are only really holding 2 starting level receivers at least in terms of what has been seen in game.

Honestly Jackson is older has a worse injury history then Cruz and so I would almost say he has less in the tank. There are really not great options at WR available. Maybe they go with Jackson, maybe they use Boldin as a 1 year stopgap, maybe they go for one of the other WR with issues but there are not great options because they already got drastically overpaid.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah, that's really the only pick I scratched my head on. I was clamoring for Ford at this point as well.

Tiz

Practice Squad
I am not sure he is better then Moore though to be fair to be the 3rd best receiver at the moment is not hard when the Ravens are only really holding 2 starting level receivers at least in terms of what has been seen in game.

Honestly Jackson is older has a worse injury history then Cruz and so I would almost say he has less in the tank. There are really not great options at WR available. Maybe they go with Jackson, maybe they use Boldin as a 1 year stopgap, maybe they go for one of the other WR with issues but there are not great options because they already got drastically overpaid.
His size is what I like to add to the Ravens but his last two yrs has me thinking we should look elsewhere.