• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Forum Mock: Free Agency (WR and TE)

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
WR Kendall Wright is a Bill at 3.5 Stars! @Cowboysfan1 (Browns had final bid and then dropped out, meaning that nabbing Wright would require a minimum increase above his final one.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The Oakland Raiders win
WR Jordan Matthews 1.0 star
WR John Brown 1.0 star
TE Niles Paul 1.0 star

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
If Cle is retracting its bid of 3 stars, then Kendall Wright should be a Bill at 1.5 stars
No bids can even be retracted so long as the team has enough space to fulfill said bid. His final bid was valid so it stands; he simply doesn't wish to up the ante thereafter. And since his valid bid is last, it needs to be upped in order to net Wright. Unless you choose to back out and give up Wright for the value of the final bid.

No bids can even be retracted so long as the team has enough space to fulfill said bid. His final bid was valid so it stands; he simply doesn't wish to up the ante thereafter. And since his valid bid is last, it needs to be upped in order to net Wright. Unless you choose to back out and give up Wright for the value of the final bid.

I didn't bid more than 3 stars either. My bid was 1.5.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I didn't bid more than 3 stars either. My bid was 1.5.
He bid 3 Stars. His final bid was valid as he had enough cap space, and that was the winning bid. He drops out of the bid-off, but that doesn't void his prior bid since bids cannot be voided. This means that you would have to beat his bid of 3 Stars by a minimum amount in order to obtain Wright, that being 3.5 Stars. In short, you can either obtain Wright for 3.5 Stars or decline the bid-off yourself and allow Wright to be a Brown at the winning bid.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
He bid 3 Stars. His final bid was valid as he had enough cap space, and that was the winning bid. He drops out of the bid-off, but that doesn't void his prior bid since bids cannot be voided. This means that you would have to beat his bid of 3 Stars by a minimum amount in order to obtain Wright, that being 3.5 Stars. In short, you can either obtain Wright for 3.5 Stars or decline the bid-off yourself and allow Wright to be a Brown at the winning bid.
And I'll happily take him for 3 stars.