• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Forum Mock: Free Agency (WR and TE)

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
The rules are far from clear on many of these points. I respectfully suggest that the rules get modified to include what you have stated since I certainly did not bid under the same understanding of the rules as you have described.
What precisely is unclear about the fact that all submitted bids that can be afforded by teams are valid? Another team submitted the winning bid. They had the cap space. The bid stood. They were even willing to accept the player at said bid. We even have a rule that reinstates deleted bids so long as the team can afford the bid. There has yet to be a single scenario through multiple periods wherein a valid bid was allowed to be retracted. This could not have been more black and white.

Simba

Staff Member
The rules are far from clear on many of these points. I respectfully suggest that the rules get modified to include what you have stated since I certainly did not bid under the same understanding of the rules as you have described.

Let's see if this clarifies it.

You bid 1.5 for Wright. Browns bid 3 stars.

At the end, you enacted bid off rights. Browns would have happily taken Wright for 3 stars, but didn't want to pay more. Since 3 is his max and you called for the bid off, you get him for the minimum increase over the highest bid. He's not retracting the bid. He's just saying 3 was his max.

Let's see if this clarifies it.

You bid 1.5 for Wright. Browns bid 3 stars.

At the end, you enacted bid off rights. Browns would have happily taken Wright for 3 stars, but didn't want to pay more. Since 3 is his max and you called for the bid off, you get him for the minimum increase over the highest bid. He's not retracting the bid. He's just saying 3 was his max.

I understand the rules now. I do still point out that most of what you are setting forth is not in the rules. Nothing you wrote contradicts what's in the rules either. I'm happy to have Wright. I consider this matter closed, but would like CoCo to look at this at some point in the future.

Simba

Staff Member
I understand the rules now. I do still point out that most of what you are setting forth is not in the rules. Nothing you wrote contradicts what's in the rules either. I'm happy to have Wright. I consider this matter closed, but would like CoCo to look at this at some point in the future.

I don't think a rule is really needed here, in all honesty. You called for the bid off, and you won the bid off.