1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.
    Dismiss Notice

2018 Forum Mock: Free Agency (WR and TE)

Discussion in '2018 Forum Mock' started by Truth, Mar 14, 2018.

1. What precisely is unclear about the fact that all submitted bids that can be afforded by teams are valid? Another team submitted the winning bid. They had the cap space. The bid stood. They were even willing to accept the player at said bid. We even have a rule that reinstates deleted bids so long as the team can afford the bid. There has yet to be a single scenario through multiple periods wherein a valid bid was allowed to be retracted. This could not have been more black and white.

2. Let's see if this clarifies it.

You bid 1.5 for Wright. Browns bid 3 stars.

At the end, you enacted bid off rights. Browns would have happily taken Wright for 3 stars, but didn't want to pay more. Since 3 is his max and you called for the bid off, you get him for the minimum increase over the highest bid. He's not retracting the bid. He's just saying 3 was his max.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. I understand the rules now. I do still point out that most of what you are setting forth is not in the rules. Nothing you wrote contradicts what's in the rules either. I'm happy to have Wright. I consider this matter closed, but would like CoCo to look at this at some point in the future.

4. I don't think a rule is really needed here, in all honesty. You called for the bid off, and you won the bid off.

5. The Saints are requesting a hometown bid-off.

6. His 0.5 bid would imply you do not have a bid placed and thus no right to scare him by calling for bid-off. :p

• Like Like x 1
  7. Take him for 1 star. I’m heartbroken and will now be crying myself to sleep. Thanks.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars request a bidoff for Danny Amendola

9. JK, he's all yours.

10. WR Danny Amendola is a Raider at 4.5 Stars! @RavensMania

11. The New Orleans Saints welcome

TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins 5.5 stars

@Truth

#151 RavensMania, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  12. That's just mean

13. What a great GM the Hawks have this year. And he's modest, too :D

The Seattle Seahawks welcome

14. oops, my mistake