• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The PurpleFlock Definitive WR Rankings

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hamilton and Pettis above Gallup? You can make an argument for the other guys above him but Gallup must’ve stolen your girlfriend or something for you to put him behind those two...
Yup. Just dont see what Gallup brings. @JoeyFlex5 like to call Pettis a JAG but i think Gallup is a JAG. I mean he still has a high school WR stance with his right foot usually pigontoed at the line of scrimmage

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yup. Just dont see what Gallup brings. @JoeyFlex5 like to call Pettis a JAG but i think Gallup is a JAG. I mean he still has a high school WR stance with his right foot usually pigontoed at the line of scrimmage
Gallup brings a VERY physical presence to the crossing routes, his slant and drag game is dominant, due to the big body and knack for shielding off defenders, the long arms an strong hands help as well, but most importantly his YAC is near best in th class, probably third after Ridley and Moore

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Gallup brings a VERY physical presence to the crossing routes, his slant and drag game is dominant, due to the big body and knack for shielding off defenders, the long arms an strong hands help as well, but most importantly his YAC is near best in th class, probably third after Ridley and Moore
He doesnt really have that great of a body though. I mean hes only 6'1 with 31 1/2 inch arms isnt that great either. Idk i guess islts just the pigone toed thing that sets me off with him.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He doesnt really have that great of a body though. I mean hes only 6'1 with 31 1/2 inch arms isnt that great either. Idk i guess islts just the pigone toed thing that sets me off with him.
Pigeon toes are not a big deal lol. And 6'1 200 lbs is an excellent size for a guy with that skill set and quickness.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So I've had an idea because I want to see how this all ends up...
I'll create an excel spreadsheet with the consensus top 15-20 receivers on it and ill ask all of you to rank your top 10 and ill average all the answers and reorder them to see what this forum's consensus top 10 is

maybe no one's interested and we can archive this and never speak of it again but if you are then just post below so I know roughly how much space to leave and for whom and then ill create the document for people to fill in - (maybe if it works out we can do this for some other position groups too and start building a group big board for the first couple of days of the draft lol and essentially create our own little war room group big board)

it'll also i suppose serve as a place to store all of our separate rankings on receivers in one place:

as of right now id be including these receivers (let me know if a potential top 10 guy is missing):

So we're ranking top 15 receivers please:

Here's the link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...JVRGp_aJReWA02Gc-PHiTKFr4/edit#gid=1705136502

in order for it to work please do the following:
  1. Write your username in the row at the top to create your column
  2. Rank your top 15 wrs by placing the corresponding number in the appropriate row
  3. Edit the number of members playing to the correct number (it's located in box A4)
For some reason I’m not able to open the google doc

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
One name that should be added to the WR list is Daurice Fountain, though I'll probably be the only one ranking him.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
There. Mine are in.

1: Calvin Ridley
2: DJ Moore
3: Christian Kirk
4: Anthony Miller
5: James Washington
6: Michael Gallup
7: Deon Cain
8: Courtland Sutton
9: DJ Chark
10: St. Brown
11: Steve Ishmael
12: Daurice Fountain
13: Desean Hamilton
14: Auden Tate
15: Pettis

1.) Moore
2.) Ridley
3.) Kirk (Starting to become really underrated)
4.) Sutton
5.) Miller
6.) Gallup
7.) St. Brown
8.) Hamilton
9.) Wilson
10.) Caine

That's how I'd round up my top ten for now.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im shocked at the distance in rankings between Gallup and Hamilton. There really isnt that much speerating the overall talent between the two. Lance Zerlein gave Gallup a 5.72 grade and Hamilton a 5.70 grade yet here we act like Gallup is miles better....i just dont see it. Id take Hamilton in the 4th then over Gallup in the 2nd if thats the case

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Im shocked at the distance in rankings between Gallup and Hamilton. There really isnt that much speerating the overall talent between the two. Lance Zerlein gave Gallup a 5.72 grade and Hamilton a 5.70 grade yet here we act like Gallup is miles better....i just dont see it. Id take Hamilton in the 4th then over Gallup in the 2nd if thats the case

all it takes is a couple of people to really like a particular prospect and it raises their average significantly which naturally creates a greater difference - nobody it seems is super high on hamilton but a couple of people really like gallup which accounts for a large chunk of the difference