• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The PurpleFlock Definitive WR Rankings

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Im shocked at the distance in rankings between Gallup and Hamilton. There really isnt that much speerating the overall talent between the two. Lance Zerlein gave Gallup a 5.72 grade and Hamilton a 5.70 grade yet here we act like Gallup is miles better....i just dont see it. Id take Hamilton in the 4th then over Gallup in the 2nd if thats the case
Well you have also been vocally odd about your wr preferences this year and have had no problem clinging to a bias lol

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well you have also been vocally odd about your wr preferences this year and have had no problem clinging to a bias lol
I just like guys who consistently gain seperation and catch the ball. Pettis and Hamilton just happen to do both very well

Whats the bias im clinging to though? Wouldnt everyone have a bias in what they prefer from WRs?

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im shocked at the distance in rankings between Gallup and Hamilton. There really isnt that much speerating the overall talent between the two. Lance Zerlein gave Gallup a 5.72 grade and Hamilton a 5.70 grade yet here we act like Gallup is miles better....i just dont see it. Id take Hamilton in the 4th then over Gallup in the 2nd if thats the case
Taking notes from Zerlein is your first problem.

Gallup is miles better.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
Haven't had time to scout too many guys but Moore is my top guy followed closely by Ridley. Don't know if the Ravens will value either(or any WR for that matter) at 16 but these are the guys I think they have the best shot at taking of the WRs

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Haven't had time to scout too many guys but Moore is my top guy followed closely by Ridley. Don't know if the Ravens will value either(or any WR for that matter) at 16 but these are the guys I think they have the best shot at taking of the WRs
If Ridley is there then he'll be the pick. There's no doubt in my mind about that. The only way it wouldn't happen is if some team offered us a small fortune in picks to trade up. Though I'm not sure where the Ravens fully stand on Moore.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
If Ridley is there then he'll be the pick. There's no doubt in my mind about that. The only way it wouldn't happen is if some team offered us a small fortune in picks to trade up. Though I'm not sure where the Ravens fully stand on Moore.

Yeah Ridley makes too much sense for the Ravens. Don't know where the Ravens stand on Moore either but willing to be they have at least looked at him hard given the need and being local. I personally liked Moore a tad more on film but would be happy with either. That means we are getting another DT at 16.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
So this should be all the ranked receivers in order: the individual rankings and everything are obviously still visible in the initial document but here is the ordered list:

View attachment 918
Seems like a pretty solid top 10 lol. I think we are a little high on St. Brown.....maybe. He has the potential to make us right though.

Still think Robertson is too high and Jaleel Scott too low. On neg i have. Otherwise this is solid

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Seems like a pretty solid top 10 lol. I think we are a little high on St. Brown.....maybe. He has the potential to make us right though.

Still think Robertson is too high and Jaleel Scott too low. On neg i have. Otherwise this is solid

remember the scale is impacted by the fact that very few people went beyond 15 ranks (because they were only asked to do 15 and that anyone who has rankings in the top 15 and also had some people not including him in the top 15 would not be penalised (e.g. st brown)

the tool isnt perfect so it means that when people like myself who are high on st brown rank him high its not counteracted by people who rank him low because we dont have a quantifiable number for "unranked"

and in terms of jaleel scott - when you have that few rankings towards the end you might come off worse than when most people dont rank you but 1-2 guys are high for other prospects

essentially there's no weighting in the chart for how many people rank you in the top 15 (and there probably should be)

outside of the top 13 players id mostly ignore the order just because those are the players for whom we had less data

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

I think St Brown is gonna go a lot higher than some think actually. He and Wilson are two guys I think the media is really underselling.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Auden Tate is still flying under the radar. If we could get him on day 3 of the draft that would be a steal. He could be a great red zone weapon for us