• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Preseason 1 Tennessee Titans @ Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
NFL+ definitely has to stop being behind lol. It's cool they show live games but if you are behind, you really aren't live.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
he's dominating these backups but you cant ask for much more than that vs backups lol
he's definitely playing his way into challenging for this roster

I mean anyone who cannot dominate backups probably is not going to be able to look competitive against real NFL players which is why so far the big standouts are Means and Likely

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
he's dominating these backups but you cant ask for much more than that vs backups lol
he's definitely playing his way into challenging for this roster
If your backups are better than the backups of a good team like TE, then that's a good testament to the roster construction and depth. You don't wanna see a lot of Means this year or hopefully at all, but he's showing he's not a nobody

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think we have too much talent on this roster to be keeping 4 RBs

JK's a lock but might not be able to carry the load in week 1
Badie's a lock but probably not ready yet and looks behind the other 2 guys
Hill looks explosive and I think we'd like to keep him but not sure they'd trust him to be the full-time back
which means you probably have to keep Davis who notably also got the first drives at RB too...

I think you dont want to keep 4 but you probably have to at least until you can trust JK to be the consistent primary ball carrier

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Hill looks explosive and I think we'd like to keep him but not sure they'd trust him to be the full-time back
which means you probably have to keep Davis who notably also got the first drives at RB too...

I think you dont want to keep 4 but you probably have to at least until you can trust JK to be the consistent primary ball carrier
I dont dispute that logic but I think there's probably a larger positive increase for this team by replacing Mike Davis or Justice Hill with someone else.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
so does Andrews have a better year due to Likely or worse because of Likely.

it’ll be hard to 1up his year last year. Hopefully he doesn’t have too with us having a healthy squad.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Now that we're through the first half i think there's some things worth noting in the LG competition

Tyre played every single snap at LG and played well
Ben Powers showed versatility and played C ahead of Colon (which is especially notable when thinking about roster construction) - was also notably the first and only of the 3 guys to not finish the half
Ben Cleveland only played RG and did not start the game - has been up and down with some eye-catching blocks and also some notable poor blocks

i dont really know what to make of the powers tyre situation - powers has been playing with the 1s all camp but tyre's taken all the 1s reps at LG at M&T

i think Powers is making this roster now even if he doesnt start... i think they'll swallow the 2m to keep him around

also Cleveland's shown enough that he should be safe which makes it hard not to keep 10 OL

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Now that we're through the first half i think there's some things worth noting in the LG competition

Ben Powers showed versatility and played C ahead of Colon (which is especially notable when thinking about roster construction) - was also notably the first and only of the 3 guys to not finish the half
Ben Cleveland only played RG and did not start the game - has been up and down with some eye-catching blocks and also some notable poor blocks

i dont really know what to make of the powers tyre situation - powers has been playing with the 1s all camp but tyre's taken all the 1s reps at LG at M&T

i think Powers is making this roster now even if he doesnt start... i think they'll swallow the 2m to keep him around

also Cleveland's shown enough that he should be safe which makes it hard not to keep 10 OL
My comment about the 4RBs shows up here again. You can feel better with 10 OL if you have 3 RBs. Or you can further extend it and say you'd really feel better keeping 9 OL because that means one more defensive guy you can keep.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

I think ravens are trying their hardest to showcase Ben Powers. List him as a “starter” on the depth chart. Moving him to center to show versatility. Shit screams “come trade for me.”

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

I mean at that point you might as well use your practice squad call ups on him. I cannot imagine there are a lot of teams rushing to poach another team's 4th RB.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
My comment about the 4RBs shows up here again. You can feel better with 10 OL if you have 3 RBs. Or you can further extend it and say you'd really feel better keeping 9 OL because that means one more defensive guy you can keep.

I just dont know which of the backs you can afford to not keep right now unless you're confident that mike davis will make it through waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.