• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Preseason Week 1 Postgame Discussion Thread

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

great video by @Edgar
hadn't considered just how 1-sided Cleveland might be and that, as disappointing as this outcome might be, he might not be a starting LG but a future RG

If the like stays healthy I just can't figure out what's going to happen with cuts. Like is there a crazy world where we keep 10 OL but actually it's like this?

Stanley and James
Tyree and Mekari
Linderbaum and Colon
Zeitler and Cleveland
Moses and Faalele

Where you cut or trade Ben Powers to get that 2m off the books?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If the like stays healthy I just can't figure out what's going to happen with cuts. Like is there a crazy world where we keep 10 OL but actually it's like this?

Stanley and James
Tyree and Mekari
Linderbaum and Colon
Zeitler and Cleveland
Moses and Faalele

i dont think it's crazy
the trenches on both sides of the ball were probably the biggest winners in preseason 1 - OL was so encouraging in multiple ways and DL was dominant with literally every single member of the DL making at least 1 play in the game

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i dont think it's crazy
the trenches on both sides of the ball were probably the biggest winners in preseason 1 - OL was so encouraging in multiple ways and DL was dominant with literally every single member of the DL making at least 1 play in the game
If that happened, do you think Mekari or Tyree is the starter at LG?

Simba

Staff Member
I still think they want Tyre to take that job. There’s a reason he’s been the starter at G to open the season 2 years in a row now. But it’s up to him to stay healthy.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Tyre without a doubt
and it still may be Tyre even if Powers is on the roster - listening to Harbs speak about Powers it really does sound like they want him on the roster and i think the upskilling at C is an indicator that he might not be the starter at LG when it's all said and done but if he's not they still want him as one of the 8 active guys and that requires being more versatile

i think in the ravens ideal world they keep 10 OL (Colon misses out) and have enough confidence in Powers at 3 positions to allow them to have him on the 8 even if he's not the starter and they deactivate Cleveland and Faalele

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

Stanley and James
Tyree and Mekari
Linderbaum and Colon
Zeitler and Cleveland
Moses and Faalele

I agree with this and would be okay with the Ravens keeping all 10 of them on the 53.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Does Josh Ross have any chance to unseat Welch as ILB4?

i mean im not convinced welch isnt ILB3... welch isnt going anywhere as one of the best special teamers on the roster
the question for me would be does josh ross have a chance to unseat malik harrison or make the roster as LB5 off the back of his own special teams prowess (was one of the noted positives about him coming out of michigan)

that said it's notable that a lot of the guys who got the highest grades were the guys playing against the lowest competition