• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Bold Predictions 2018 NFL Draft

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think now that we are less than a week away, it's probably a good time to start getting some bold predictions out there.

I'll toss out a few:

6 QBs are going in round 1 (not sure if that's even that bold tbh)
Courtland Sutton is the first wide receiver taken
One of Minkah Fitzpatrick and Derwin James gets to the 16th pick and isn't taken by the Ravens

Simba

Staff Member
I was working on a mock this morning and I scrapped it because I didn't like how it was turning out. However, I had all of those things happening. Cardinals trading back in for Rudolph at the end of the 1st. Sutton going to the Cowboys and Ridley making it to the late 20s. Fitzpatrick slipping to the late teens.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I could absolutely see all of these happening.

Here's some wild af shit... Lamar Jackson goes before baker. Some team is gonna fall in love.

Simba

Staff Member
I could absolutely see all of these happening.

Here's some wild af shit... Lamar Jackson goes before baker. Some team is gonna fall in love.

Apparently you can lock Baker in at 3 so if someone wants Jackson, they have to get up to 2 for this to come true.

Simba

Staff Member
i guess i need to be bolder lol

Haha I think with the QB thing in particular, it just makes too much sense. I'm on team "if you want a QB in the early 2nd, just trade up to the late 1st" because the 5th round option is more valuable to me than whatever pick I'm giving up.

UKRaven

Practice Squad
Lamar Jackson gone by the latest pick 12 and the Bills

DJ Moore despite the hype being a mid round 2 pick (not that bold I guess)

Derwin James...who I have wanted and felt realistic for the Ravens for over a month now falling to pick 16...and being passed by the Ravens

Hayden Hurst being picked before Calvin Ridley

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Benjamin Allbright has been preaching it for weeks now. He might be a mega douche but his sources are typically legit.

i think matt miller was talking about hearing it too this week so that's 2 guys who are normally fairly trustworthy (i mean matt miller admitted today that he still has no idea where pick number 1 is going - which he normally knows by this time in other years)

Simba

Staff Member
i think matt miller was talking about hearing it too this week so that's 2 guys who are normally fairly trustworthy (i mean matt miller admitted today that he still has no idea where pick number 1 is going - which he normally knows by this time in other years)

Allbright is convinced it's Darnold at 1, but he also might be letting his bias against Allen get in the way lol. Regardless, I think the only thing that really threw Allbright off last year was Trubisky to the Bears. In his defense, no one saw that coming - even a lot of people in the Bears building.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Allbright is convinced it's Darnold at 1, but he also might be letting his bias against Allen get in the way lol. Regardless, I think the only thing that really threw Allbright off last year was Trubisky to the Bears. In his defense, no one saw that coming - even a lot of people in the Bears building.

including the head coach lol

yeah it sounds like Allen is who a lot of sources think the browns are going for but often comes with the proviso that many of those same sources think the browns should take darnold lol...

UKRaven

Practice Squad

Yeah every mock got torn up by pick 2 last year! that was crazy!

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I think now that we are less than a week away, it's probably a good time to start getting some bold predictions out there.

I'll toss out a few:

6 QBs are going in round 1 (not sure if that's even that bold tbh)
Courtland Sutton is the first wide receiver taken
One of Minkah Fitzpatrick and Derwin James gets to the 16th pick and isn't taken by the Ravens
I like this right here. Especially the last part. Im a big fan of secondary players, especially FSU players and i still dnt know what to think of james.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Cleveland takes Barkley and Chubb at one and four respectively and then trade into the first round for Lamar Jackson.