• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Bold Predictions 2018 NFL Draft

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
COWBOYS trade with Arizona to nab Ridley from the Ravens. Cardinals trade back and draft Jackson.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Ravens trade down and acquire an extra 2019 First Round Pick from the Saints OR Jaguars who offer us their second in this year's draft, a mid round and their first in 2019 to get ahead of the Chargers who may want him as Rivers' replacement.

Ozzie's Smoke screen works and Eric gets two first round picks to play with in his first year as GM.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ravens trade down and acquire an extra 2019 First Round Pick from the Saints OR Jaguars who offer us their second in this year's draft, a mid round and their first in 2019 to get ahead of the Chargers who may want him as Rivers' replacement.

Ozzie's Smoke screen works and Eric gets two first round picks to play with in his first year as GM.

What a gift that would be for Eric - he’d get the same opportunity in his first year as ravens gm as Ozzie had in his first year as ravens gm in the draft

That would be an unreal situation to happen

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

I would love that outcome. Their spot is perfect to taking one of the top interior o-linemen, and it would make sense given how badly they need a successor to Brees. If they could get Jackson up to speed in a year or so when Brees is done, then they won't have to go into rebuild mode.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
What a gift that would be for Eric - he’d get the same opportunity in his first year as ravens gm as Ozzie had in his first year as ravens gm in the draft

That would be an unreal situation to happen
I would love that and feel it would put us in a terrific spot for this year also due to the depth on day 2

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I would love that and feel it would put us in a terrific spot for this year also due to the depth on day 2

being serious though, if we arent enamoured with the talent that falls to 16 then we need to work the phones to trade back as far as possible and try and pick up as many day 2 picks (or a high day 2 pick) as possible even if we keep trading back until we are out of round 1 lol

i feel like we are 1 pick short in the first 3 rounds - i feel like we need 4 (goddammit we really needed that 3rd round comp)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
being serious though, if we arent enamoured with the talent that falls to 16 then we need to work the phones to trade back as far as possible and try and pick up as many day 2 picks (or a high day 2 pick) as possible even if we keep trading back until we are out of round 1 lol

i feel like we are 1 pick short in the first 3 rounds - i feel like we need 4 (goddammit we really needed that 3rd round comp)
yeah, we were definitely robbed.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The Ravens 1st round pick will be Dallas Goedert
I'll be fucking livid. I honestly don't like goedert much, don't see the hype, he's slow and clunky, honestly his running motion looks like maxx williams, he gets no separation against very weak competition and has made his career on contested catches, do you think he can go from winning vs D2 guys to winning vs NFL guys with his skillset? I don't think his abilities look translatable. If he doesn't learn some excellent route running he will struggle.

Sorry not sorry. Dallas goedert is overhyped.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'll be fucking livid. I honestly don't like goedert much, don't see the hype, he's slow and clunky, honestly his running motion looks like maxx williams, he gets no separation against very weak competition and has made his career on contested catches, do you think he can go from winning vs D2 guys to winning vs NFL guys with his skillset? I don't think his abilities look translatable. If he doesn't learn some excellent route running he will struggle.

Sorry not sorry. Dallas goedert is overhyped.

i personally would be disappointed with any of the tight ends anywhere in round 1 really (unless we manage to trade back to like 27 or later and even then id not necessarily be happy with it)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i personally would be disappointed with any of the tight ends anywhere in round 1 really (unless we manage to trade back to like 27 or later and even then id not necessarily be happy with it)
I'd be fine with gesicki, he's a rare receiving talent imo, far better receiver and safer receiver than OJ Howard.