• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

NBA Thread

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
And with this bullshit drama between him and Green is just for show. Expect a insane winning streak by the Warriors which will commence tonight.
Nope. Looks like this is Kobe Shaq 2.0. Except instead of Kobe and Shaq being the two best players in the world respectively, KD is elite and Green is a fucking Donkey who would not be nearly as effective outside of this warriors team.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Nope. Looks like this is Kobe Shaq 2.0. Except instead of Kobe and Shaq being the two best players in the world respectively, KD is elite and Green is a fucking Donkey who would not be nearly as effective outside of this warriors team.
I forgot that Curry has been out since no wonder why they haven't won a single game in their Texas roadtrip. Despite KD being elite, it's quite evident that Curry makes the team go.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Yeah and he has been getting crucified since the news first broke. Honestly, I don't give a shit about any of his personal life or sexual preferences so long as he's not getting in any legal trouble or whatever. This also applies to any other athlete.
Completely agree.
What does suck though, people are focusing on the sexuality part rather than him threatening to beat someone up over this.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really don't like listening to a lot of ex and current players talk about basketball. The "IQ" stuff isn't that amazing coming from some of these guys.

A sit down between Kobe Bryant and Lebron James would be amazing, I think those 2 understand the game the best

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Oh here we go. Get ready for the AD to LA rumors. Below is an excerpt from the link provided (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25569005/los-angeles-lakers-getting-anthony-davis-amazing)

NEW YORK -- Ahead of Anthony Davis and the New Orleans Pelicans visiting the Los Angeles Lakers for the first time this season on Friday, LeBron Jamesopenly pondered what having the All-Star forward as a permanent resident alongside him in purple and gold at Staples Center would be like.

"That would be amazing," James told ESPN on Tuesday before the Lakers' 115-110 loss to the Brooklyn Nets. "That would be amazing, like, duh. That would be incredible."

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Oh here we go. Get ready for the AD to LA rumors. Below is an excerpt from the link provided (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25569005/los-angeles-lakers-getting-anthony-davis-amazing)

NEW YORK -- Ahead of Anthony Davis and the New Orleans Pelicans visiting the Los Angeles Lakers for the first time this season on Friday, LeBron Jamesopenly pondered what having the All-Star forward as a permanent resident alongside him in purple and gold at Staples Center would be like.

"That would be amazing," James told ESPN on Tuesday before the Lakers' 115-110 loss to the Brooklyn Nets. "That would be amazing, like, duh. That would be incredible."

Players make a comment or 2 and 3 separate articles are made. NBA media is out of control. This is why Durant said playing with James is toxic.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Players make a comment or 2 and 3 separate articles are made. NBA media is out of control. This is why Durant said playing with James is toxic.
And that's also why PG chose to stay in OKC than going to LA. He said something to the extent of if the team is winning, then LeBron gets the credit. If they losing, it's everyone else.

These media heads are seriously proving him correct but at the same time I hope Durant doesn't go to LA because I don't think he stays with Golden State after this season.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
As a Laker fan, I don't want Durant and James to team up. That would be so trash and would ruin the rivalry, especially if we can put a team together for James

And that's also why PG chose to stay in OKC than going to LA. He said something to the extent of if the team is winning, then LeBron gets the credit. If they losing, it's everyone else.

These media heads are seriously proving him correct but at the same time I hope Durant doesn't go to LA because I don't think he stays with Golden State after this season.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Bleacher Report‏Verified account @BleacherReport
Jayson Tatum reportedly told Celtics radio announcer Cedric Maxwell “I’d trade me too for Anthony Davis”
1f605.png
http://bit.ly/2AA2NsO

redrum52

Hall of Famer
No more Porzingis, eh @redrum52 . This has to be for the future.

I hate I was raised a Knicks fan. I'm assuming we're clearing space for FAs who won't come anyway. I'm not as mad as other, but this team is so damn poorly run. The one thing I will give them is, can you trust a 7'3 guy who's coming back from an acl? I get it, just wish we could have gotten a bigger haul. Also, funny that we're basically admitting we fucked up taking Ntilikina. I won't believe this team is taking the right steps until Dolan sells.