• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

NBA Thread

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
With the news last night that Magic Johnson was stepping down (really? you literally tried to trade all the young guys and left a terrible taste in all of their mouths ruining team chemistry and then you walk?) I had a dream that some how the Lakers got the first pick in the draft and got Zion....

Tell me how terrible and great would that be? lmfao

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Rockets could beat them if Harden shows up in the playoffs.
Nuggets would get stomped.
Blazers would get stomped.
Thunder? I don't know about the Warriors, but for some reason, I could see them taking on the Rockets.

Sixers don't stand a chance if Simmons can't develop a jump shot.
Raptors and Bucks could make things very interesting. Against either of these teams, I could see 6 or 7 game series.

Simmons isn't developing a shot anytime this post season run, so you can kiss that goodbye. I said it a few times that Lonzo would be a better fit, at least he can take and MAKE 3s even if its at a 34% clip. That is a WHOLE 34% more than Simmons

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
With the news last night that Magic Johnson was stepping down (really? you literally tried to trade all the young guys and left a terrible taste in all of their mouths ruining team chemistry and then you walk?) I had a dream that some how the Lakers got the first pick in the draft and got Zion....

Tell me how terrible and great would that be? lmfao
I gotta give it to you Lakers fans. You lot sure LOVE to dream. Seems a lot of Lakers fans want Jerry West to come back as well.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I gotta give it to you Lakers fans. You lot sure LOVE to dream. Seems a lot of Lakers fans want Jerry West to come back as well.
I nevee comment in these threads nor read them as much but every real laker fan i know which is only about 2, wanted jerry west over magic.. its sad that they waited till know to praise the clippers and mr west now that it seems like players are gonna wanna go to clippers instead of Lakers.

Magic fucked us badly. Traded dlo away and zubac away for nothing.. imo, the only reason why wanted the laker job is because everyone and their mom knew lebron was coming here so he thought maybe he could win the first yr since thats what bron has been doing over in the east. He thought it was gonna be easy then get praised for doing some great job, but what he didnt know was that bron have always wanted to be hollywood and the movie star stuff and thats exactly what he did when he got here. The warriors have turned lebron into a stat chaser and dam near made him give up bball.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Rob knows his shit about bball but he sucks at creating relationships with people and players. We fucked up trying to win now instead of letting things play out.. likely gonna trade lonzo,kuz or even ingram to go after all those big free agents.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I nevee comment in these threads nor read them as much but every real laker fan i know which is only about 2, wanted jerry west over magic.. its sad that they waited till know to praise the clippers and mr west now that it seems like players are gonna wanna go to clippers instead of Lakers.

Magic fucked us badly. Traded dlo away and zubac away for nothing.. imo, the only reason why wanted the laker job is because everyone and their mom knew lebron was coming here so he thought maybe he could win the first yr since thats what bron has been doing over in the east. He thought it was gonna be easy then get praised for doing some great job, but what he didnt know was that bron have always wanted to be hollywood and the movie star stuff and thats exactly what he did when he got here. The warriors have turned lebron into a stat chaser and dam near made him give up bball.

Rob knows his shit about bball but he sucks at creating relationships with people and players. We fucked up trying to win now instead of letting things play out.. likely gonna trade lonzo,kuz or even ingram to go after all those big free agents.
Yeah Jerry West seems to have that magic wand when it comes to executive business. It also doesn't help that LeBron created a toxic culture with his obsession of being in total control of the narrative and essentially alienating his young teammates by using them as tradebait for AD, a player who has elite talent, but shitty availability.

I didn't get the Zubac trade AT ALL. Hell, Jerry West wasn't expecting it, but basically laughed at them and said thanks. LeBron can say he's now more motivated than ever before, but honestly I don't buy it. Remember "Playoff Mode Activated?" As for big name free agents, don't be surprised if you guys don't land a damn one like previous years and you're in the same predicament.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Yeah Jerry West seems to have that magic wand when it comes to executive business. It also doesn't help that LeBron created a toxic culture with his obsession of being in total control of the narrative and essentially alienating his young teammates by using them as tradebait for AD, a player who has elite talent, but shitty availability.

I didn't get the Zubac trade AT ALL. Hell, Jerry West wasn't expecting it, but basically laughed at them and said thanks. LeBron can say he's now more motivated than ever before, but honestly I don't buy it. Remember "Playoff Mode Activated?" As for big name free agents, don't be surprised if you guys don't land a damn one like previous years and you're in the same predicament.

The West ain't for play play and I'm happy these Bron fans finally seeing how soft the East has been for the most part. Lakers getting everything they deserve.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
The West ain't for play play and I'm happy these Bron fans finally seeing how soft the East has been for the most part. Lakers getting everything they deserve.
Damn straight. In the West, 47 or 48 wins gets you the 8th seed. In the East, 41 wins gets you a playoff spot.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
To be fair, Lebron is 34yo now.
as laker fans, we watched kobe do the remarkable in his 17th season st age 34, which i think its one of his most underrated seasons ever.and thats after suffering injuries throughout his whole career, so its tough for me to even care for bron being 34. Imo, it comes down to hustle and effort..

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
The east is actually great this yr though imo... my thing is that last yr, i think we won 35-37 games with lonzo and ingram being hurt atleast 25 games a piece and instead of bringing that up they bashed us and said bron will save us and all this other crap... well samething happen again this year and now the excuses come along on how lakers were hurt all season..

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
What is wild is that people are talking about trading Lebron James.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Also, Magic has traded away or let walk alot of valuable youth.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'll give him D'angelo. He probably doesn't become that player in without being traded. The other moves were dumb as hell.

That is where leadership from the coaches and staff comes from.

Do you think Mark Jackson allows Russell to slip like Luke did?

redrum52

Hall of Famer
That is where leadership from the coaches and staff comes from.

Do you think Mark Jackson allows Russell to slip like Luke did?

I think he had lost the locker room. It was just a weird situation so not going to throw Luke under the bus for this one.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'm not a NBA fan but can we not let the city of Boston win another Championship....

Goes for you too Bruins.

Last edited:

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I swear this sports season is supposed to be some redemption from last sports season. Blazers had the #3 seed last year and got their asses swept by Anthony Davis and Co. Now? We get the #3 seed again (*sighs*) and..............we get OKC! Yaaaaaayyyyy!!!!!!

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I swear this sports season is supposed to be some redemption from last sports season. Blazers had the #3 seed last year and got their asses swept by Anthony Davis and Co. Now? We get the #3 seed again (*sighs*) and..............we get OKC! Yaaaaaayyyyy!!!!!!
Sweet. We get a series to watch Westbrook and Lillard play hero ball again. Yay........