• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

NBA Thread

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I think the LeBron problem is media driven and by idiot fans feeling he does no wrong. Hmmm... the fan thing reminds me of some one who use to be a hot topic on these boards...

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
That makes sense
He really takes the diva attitude to a whole other level and is the most selfish player in NBA history, who shrinks in big moments. There's no denying his talent but people comparing him to Jordan annoy the crap out of me. He's not even better on the legacy board than Kareem in my eyes, and I'd take Magic, Shaq, and Duncan over him too

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I also hate that people give Kobe Bryant, who was still not the best teammate, all the crap in the world for being "selfish" on the court, but Kobe's entire legacy is notable for him willing to put his own personal BS aside to WIN. Kobe always wanted to win. He was stubborn as shit about it and made Shaq leave.

He never left LA, never crippled his team(until he became crippled.....). Yet “Lebron is the better teammate because assists”.

Lebron is a better player. Not denying that. But Lebron gets a pass while Kobe goes down as one of the most hated all time greats ever despite crippling two organizations

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Max Kellerman trolls Stephen A over The Knicks.

Screenshot_20190701_224003_com.google.android.youtube.png

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
At least he has the Steelers and Yankees....
Knicks Recap
-Trade franchise cornerstone and unicorn in Porzingis
-Bet all chips on getting Zion. LOL
-Refuse to offer max to KD. Pisses him off
-Kyrie wants to be a little snake and follow fellow snake to a rival team in Brooklyn
-Deandre Jordan, acquired in trade last year for Porzingis, also goes to Brooklyn

And the winner for worst run franchise in professional sports goes to.......................

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Knicks Recap
-Trade franchise cornerstone and unicorn in Porzingis
-Bet all chips on getting Zion. LOL
-Refuse to offer max to KD. Pisses him off
-Kyrie wants to be a little snake and follow fellow snake to a rival team in Brooklyn
-Deandre Jordan, acquired in trade last year for Porzingis, also goes to Brooklyn

And the winner for worst run franchise in professional sports goes to.......................
Didn't KD say many times he wasn't going to the Knicks, though?

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Didn't KD say many times he wasn't going to the Knicks, though?
He didn't outright say anything. Just media speculation. There was speculation that he would follow Kyrie wherever he went or vice-versa. But even then, the Warriors offered their other max slot to him. The Nets clearly did. The Knicks didn't even attempt. Sure, his injury sucks and I get that, but if you're the Knicks and you're terrible, what do you have to lose by at least offering?

I mean, they didn't even try. If you try and you fail that's one thing. But shoot your shot.

@redrum52 you can raid my liquor cabinet now.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
He didn't outright say anything. Just media speculation. There was speculation that he would follow Kyrie wherever he went or vice-versa. But even then, the Warriors offered their other max slot to him. The Nets clearly did. The Knicks didn't even attempt. Sure, his injury sucks and I get that, but if you're the Knicks and you're terrible, what do you have to lose by at least offering?

I mean, they didn't even try. If you try and you fail that's one thing. But shoot your shot.

@redrum52 you can raid my liquor cabinet now.
I was just reading small headlines and just assumed.

But yeah, that's really dumb of the Knicks not to offer a max. Assuming he can return to form, KD is a top 5 player and arguably the best offensive player in the NBA, in my opinion.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I was just reading small headlines and just assumed.

But yeah, that's really dumb of the Knicks not to offer a max. Assuming he can return to form, KD is a top 5 player and arguably the best offensive player in the NBA, in my opinion.
I'd agree with you. He's also a good defensive player. I'd still take Kawhi over him overall since even though KD is a better defender, Leonard is still a league above him and his offensive game isn't too far behind.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
There is a video of a fan asking when hell play for the Knocks and he says never. Or when they'll see him in a Knicks Jersey.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I'd agree with you. He's also a good defensive player. I'd still take Kawhi over him overall since even though KD is a better defender, Leonard is still a league above him and his offensive game isn't too far behind.
I'd take KD, but I wouldn't be unhappy with landing either or the pair. They're both top 10, if not top 5, players in the NBA and they're in another stratosphere of talent overall.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
There is a video of a fan asking when hell play for the Knocks and he says never. Or when they'll see him in a Knicks Jersey.
well frankly I don't blame him. I like Knicks fans but your owner is worse than any NFL. Spanos included.

If I owned the Knicks and literally did nothing, I'd be better than Dolan. What does that tell you?

redrum52

Hall of Famer
well frankly I don't blame him. I like Knicks fans but your owner is worse than any NFL. Spanos included.

If I owned the Knicks and literally did nothing, I'd be better than Dolan. What does that tell you?

We're a stupid/desperate fan base?

It's sad. I want to to say at this point buts its honestly been pitiful for a while now. One of my darkest days was watching Eddy Curry become a champion with the Heat.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
We're a stupid/desperate fan base?

It's sad. I want to to say at this point buts its honestly been pitiful for a while now. One of my darkest days was watching Eddy Curry become a champion with the Heat.
You don't get to pick the owner. Not your fault