• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

NBA Thread

JO_75

Hall of Famer
My goodness that's a lot of picks.....

D-1UdxoXsAgC3ui.jpg

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
The Thunder are about to have a crazy rebuild.
What teams have the assets to trade for Russ? The Knicks (Knox and Barret)?
The Heat and Rockets have been "speculationally" linked as suitors for Russ. What kind of assets do the Rockets have?

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Lakers sign Avery Bradley, and now they announce that Lebron James is gonna be the “PG”.

So their starting lineup is going to be

Bradley-Green-James-Davis-Cousins/McGee

Oh and they have a good bench anyways.
Rondo-KCP-Dudley-Kuzma-Cousins/McGee

Quinn Cook and Troy Daniels are solid as well headlining the third line.

Two 3 and D Gs, Davis is an elite player, and if Cousins can come back to 75% of what he was a couple of years ago. Lebron is going to do the Magic Johnson thing(I’ll believe it when I see it). If that’s true and they run the scoring through Davis and Cousins, I don’t see a team that could beat them in the west. Cousins and AD would’ve been formidable two years ago had Cousins not torn his Achilles, and now they have an elite passer in James and actually shooting around them, plus a real bench. The pick and rolls and pick and pops are going to be unstoppable, and there’s shooting now.

Like I said, I’ll believe it when I see it. It’s gonna be an LA team winning it all. Which one it is... Who knows? What I’d bet decent money on... Lebron is gonna win another ring with this core. Not sure it’s this year, but I think it’s doable.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lakers sign Avery Bradley, and now they announce that Lebron James is gonna be the “PG”.

So their starting lineup is going to be

Bradley-Green-James-Davis-Cousins/McGee

Oh and they have a good bench anyways.
Rondo-KCP-Dudley-Kuzma-Cousins/McGee

Quinn Cook and Troy Daniels are solid as well headlining the third line.

Two 3 and D Gs, Davis is an elite player, and if Cousins can come back to 75% of what he was a couple of years ago. Lebron is going to do the Magic Johnson thing(I’ll believe it when I see it). If that’s true and they run the scoring through Davis and Cousins, I don’t see a team that could beat them in the west. Cousins and AD would’ve been formidable two years ago had Cousins not torn his Achilles, and now they have an elite passer in James and actually shooting around them, plus a real bench. The pick and rolls and pick and pops are going to be unstoppable, and there’s shooting now.

Like I said, I’ll believe it when I see it. It’s gonna be an LA team winning it all. Which one it is... Who knows? What I’d bet decent money on... Lebron is gonna win another ring with this core. Not sure it’s this year, but I think it’s doable.

If they don't do it this year, I am not sure that a year older James is going to be able to do it. He has the size and playmaking skills to be an effective player later his career. Even with that, his defense is lacking. Last year he said he was going to turn into playoff mode early after the allstar break and we played even worse.

The team looks deep, but we will only go as far as Cousins can go to be honest. If he regains any type of offensive form then we are in serious business.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
If they don't do it this year, I am not sure that a year older James is going to be able to do it. He has the size and playmaking skills to be an effective player later his career. Even with that, his defense is lacking. Last year he said he was going to turn into playoff mode early after the allstar break and we played even worse.

The team looks deep, but we will only go as far as Cousins can go to be honest. If he regains any type of offensive form then we are in serious business.
I both agree and disagree.

I think that Davis is good enough to take over as the #1 even as Lebron starts to decline. Lebron is still a top 5 player in the world and barring a super serious injury I think he will age more gracefully. I have little doubts that Davis will sign, too many things going for it and the Lakers have done more in one offseason to help Davis, then the Pelicans did since they drafted him. I think Davis will be working a lot more on a 3 point shot(it’s not even like he’s bad) and could work to also further his post game, which is already very good. Lebron doing the PG thing primarily, if it’s true, should prolong his career.

As for the Cousins point... Yes. I think if he returns to even 60% of what he was in New Orleans and y’all can stay healthy, I don’t see a team that can beat you in a 7 game series. Lebron will have two bigs who can dominate in the paint, shoot, dominate the glass, and when healthy Davis is an elite defender and Cousins is a serviceable rim protector. This is before you factor in that Lebron James’ offensive game is elite when he’s driving to the basket and he’s a good shooter. You’ve surrounded those three with shooters, when all three can shoot.

This team if Cousins come back should be better than any of his Cavs teams. More depth, better defensive players like Green, Bradley, Rondo, Davis, hell McGee is a better defender than any big Lebron had.

I think they need a true 3 and D PG, but you can go big, you can go small, you can shoot. It’s a hell of a team.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
HOLY SHIT! Russ and Harden reunite........
The two most ball-dominant players who both suck at defense on the same team.... No way this fails.

At least Russ has actually played well in previous postseasons.... Barring the previous two, where it didn't matter anyways because *Warriors*

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
The two most ball-dominant players who both suck at defense on the same team.... No way this fails.

At least Russ has actually played well in previous postseasons.... Barring the previous two, where it didn't matter anyways because *Warriors*

They played well before and made it to the Finals with Durant of course.

That was before they became as established as they are today. I do think they can make it work. The fact that they have played together before helps. Apparently right after the loss in the playoffs they have been in communication. No matter how we look at it, Westbrook today is head over heals better than this version of Chris Paul (who is no slouch and still an All-Star)

It comes down to coaching, what Harden had to do last year to carry the team will not work. If Westbrook can regain his most efficient form which is the midrange shot via fast break I think this team can be extremely dangerous.

Harden running the floor and Westbrook running to get open and nail those midrange shots or make a decision and find the corners. I think this team has the potential to be incredible.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
im so happy ive been a laker fan all my life lol.. these new laker( lebron fans) are really are crazy
But are they REALLY Laker fans? From what people are saying, there seems to be more LeBron highlights than highlights of the Clippers win which I GUESS is par for the course.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
But are they REALLY Laker fans? From what people are saying, there seems to be more LeBron highlights than highlights of the Clippers win which I GUESS is par for the course.
True and its sad.. im a laker fan and a big kawhi fan basically because his game reminds me of kobe. He doesnt get enough credit on what he does