• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Patriots

Man we root for the same team yall need to chill with the personal attacks. Everyone has different POV, opinions, perspectives etc. ....

Anyways we spent 3 first rounders on defensive guys and so far they are underperforming.. still way too early for Hamilton, but Oweh has disappeared and seems to have regressed and Patrick queen is just aight.. not what we want from our 3 first rounders.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Man we root for the same team yall need to chill with the personal attacks. Everyone has different POV, opinions, perspectives etc. ....

Anyways we spent 3 first rounders on defensive guys and so far they are underperforming.. still way too early for Hamilton, but Oweh has disappeared and seems to have regressed and Patrick queen is just aight.. not what we want from our 3 first rounders.

PQ was great in week 1 and fine in week 2 - people are overreacting to the yards he gave up in coverage as attributed to him by PFF - a large proportion of those yards came when he was left 1v1 with Waddle... not sure there’s a LB in the league who doesn’t give up that olay

Oweh’s fine too - just in a tough spot to start the year

And Hamilton’s been fine as well in his first 2 games - had 1 awful rep and 1 miscommunication and suddenly the sky is falling

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hamilton's a rookie thrust into the spotlight! He's going to make some glaring and costly mistakes at times. My take on them is better now than later (when playoff implications are on the line). Everybody screams, "We need younger guys on the field! Or, it's time to trust our young guys, etc." And then, when they mess up (as to be expected from rooks) some cats prematurely start calling our young players a bust. Really? After 2 games that's what their assessment is? Unbelievable! With veterans like Humphrey, Peters, Williams, and Clark around him, I believe that he will settle down and settle into his role as a Raven.
Hey, Mili you were missing in action!

Nurps

MVP
@Sizzle. You need to grow tf up, dude. It’s not your opinion, it’s your tone and attitude. Throw some pasta that will stick to the wall if you’re gonna be the Negative Nancy of the group. Stop talking so much shit. You’ll be received much better. Or, maybe it’s your agenda to be “that guy” on the forum. Either way, it’s tired. Be better.

Nurps

MVP
Oh. And it ain’t about the music you listen to that makes you the man you are. I’ll listen to Limp Bizkits “Break Stuff” five times in a row while I’m showering and then go hug and kiss my wife, make breakfast, and walk my dog. It’s your attitude.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
@Sizzle. You need to grow tf up, dude. It’s not your opinion, it’s your tone and attitude. Throw some pasta that will stick to the wall if you’re gonna be the Negative Nancy of the group. Stop talking so much shit. You’ll be received much better. Or, maybe it’s your agenda to be “that guy” on the forum. Either way, it’s tired. Be better.

You brought me back up out of nowhere man. And I love that song, Break Stuff. I too am actually a peace lover in real life.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lol oh yes. Because I choose not to post extensive analysis and also do not agree with the status quo, I am most definitely a troll
Just to clarify... thinking Hamilton sucks IS the status quo. So you're agreeing with the status quo, not going against it.
Don't think I need to make this any more clear than it already is, but the default fan reaction is overreaction. That's the baseline. That's what the majority do. The majority of Ravens fans, on any social media or radio platform you can find, today, would tell you Hamilton is a bust.

You just happened to have found one of the few social media platforms that realizes the lunacy of the average fan and puts no weight in their opinions.

One last thing to point out on Hamilton in terms of public perception... its interesting to note that if you look at the beat writers, local reporters, national reporters, and various people who review film and critique players, literally ZERO of them are concerned about Hamilton long term. Why the general public disregards their views (and yes, they're wrong sometimes) in favor of thinking they understand enough about football to make their own conclusions, I'll never understand.

Simba

Staff Member
Still kind of early to understand the injury impact right now, but looking ahead to potential callups...

Jeremiah Moon makes a ton of sense right now as literally the only OLB on the PS
Raleigh Webb could get elevated again for ST reasons if Duvernay is out and we need some WR cover

I'd guess you could conceivably add a different WR, but if Proche is good to go, he's already deep down the depth chart and not a STer, so Polk or Victor seemingly don't make much sense.

Those look to be the only two options as of now.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hey, Mili you were missing in action!
Hey Elli! Man! I know!

My wife and I were traveling on the road from Mobile, AL to Atlanta, GA on our way back home to Virginia (we drove to MS to surprise my Dad last week) when the game vs the Dolphins started. We were listening to it on Sirius Radio. And, needless to say, I was pissed after we had a major lead and then our defense let it go! We made it back home safely yesterday evening so, I'll be home and in here with you guys on Sunday.

We need to go out there and destroy the Patriots to make this right! The Raven's first 5 games are against AFC opponents. We got to get through this "AFC-Gauntlet" on the positive side. We've already faced the first two AFC East teams on our schedule (i.e., the Jets and the Dolphins and are 1-1). Up next are the Patriots, the Bills, and then the Bengals. Man, hope we come out of this 4-1 or at least 3-2.

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i would not be surprised to see marlon not practice all week
and i would expect this to be a planned absence for MP as he works back in

this is all promising though - with the way stephens was on sunday i think he was touch-and-go as to whether he could go so im expecting a week of limited practicing but that he will play on sunday

with proche we'll have to see what his practice availability is throughout the week

and harbs said pepe's injury was minor on monday but sometimes hard to believe it until they actually practice so good sign that he's practicing at the first opportunity

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hey Elli! Man! I know!

My wife and I were traveling on the road from Mobile, AL to Atlanta, GA on our way back home to Virginia (we drove to MS to surprise my Dad last week) when the game vs the Dolphins started. We were listening to it on Sirius Radio. And, needless to say, I was pissed after we had a major lead and then our defense let it go! We made it back home safely yesterday evening so, I'll be home and in here with you guys on Sunday.

We need to go out there and destroy the Patriots to make this right! The Raven's first 5 games are against AFC opponents. We got to get through this "AFC-Gauntlet" on the positive side. We've already faced the first two AFC East teams on our schedule (i.e., the Jets and the Dolphins and are 1-1). Up next are the Patriots, the Bills, and then the Bengals. Man, hope we come out of this 4-1 or at least 3-2.

Dammit Mili you wasn't in the lucky recliner!!!

man pounding fist.gif