• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Patriots

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
A combination of the first and third. Be honest that he botched at least 1, likely 2, coverages that directly led to TDs, but also acknowledge that one game of issues isn't anywhere close to the stratosphere of projecting what he will look like a week from now, let alone years from now.

We see similar things in week 14 and it's been happening since, then the red flags are going up. Realistically, it'll never get to that, because if he's botching coverages like this for a few weeks that are leading to TDs, he won't be playing much, so it'll work itself out.

The problem you have is you're falling into the supremely retarded trap of taking the last thing you saw, and trying to extrapolate it to be a long term problem. The NFL rarely works that way, and its especially true with rookies. Thinking that Hamilton is a complete bust because he had a bad game (which I agree, he did) is the equivalent of suggesting that every good offense is going to score 40+ on us all year long, that we'll never improve, and that we'll get beat by literally every good team.

Again, real world rarely happens that way, and fans that think that way have an enormous track record of just being wrong.
It’s a week to week league. The sooner fans learn that, the better.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
OK. I guess we disagree then. I understand the thought of like "well he played two bad snaps out of 40" or whatever it was, but the mistakes made were extremely critical mistakes that had dramatic impacts on the game. Not every snap or assignment is equal. One bad snap can easily overshadow 20,30,40 good one's. Happens all the time.
Yeah if you make 2 mistakes that directly kill the game then I’m saying you had a bad game, hamilton was having a good game and then he fucked up big time and it cost us a W. Learn from it and move on.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
You said hamilton sucks, he made some mistakes in the second game of his career, I guess you were right, he sucks. Here’s that recognition you so desperately wanted for your prediction. Good job man, you’re so awesome.

Certainly appreciate the honors

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Just a question for those who called me a troll or [profanity deleted] for my widely held opinion on Hamilton sucking (RSR/105.7/regular fans not on this site)… how should I go about Hamiltons ineptitude Sunday? Completely ignore it and be oh so fine with it, tell the lie some on here are telling of he’s doing very good, or be honest about him?
Your... "analysis"... basically boils down to seeing one or two bad plays and going, "BUST!"

You should give a fruitful discussion and be able to elaborate on your points while also evaluating the game as a whole, not just the two plays that confirm your biases.

Something along the lines of,

"It was a Cover 2 look against a post route and Hamilton bit down, challenging the post route, potentially because he wasn't challenged in college or thought Tua couldn't make the throw. He has to get better and learn that you do not bite down against the post. NFL quarterbacks will take that throw 10/10 times. It was a crucial and backbreaking mistake that allowed the Dolphins back in the game. Despite other positive plays, these plays were directly responsible for the comeback and that's inexcusable to me."

However, you laugh and mock the people who actually do film study and have never shown and semblance of nuance in your posts, so I don't think we'll get the above.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Your... "analysis"... basically boils down to seeing one or two bad plays and going, "BUST!"

You should give a fruitful discussion and be able to elaborate on your points while also evaluating the game as a whole, not just the two plays that confirm your biases.

Something along the lines of,

"It was a Cover 2 look against a post route and Hamilton bit down, challenging the post route, potentially because he wasn't challenged in college or thought Tua couldn't make the throw. He has to get better and learn that you do not bite down against the post. NFL quarterbacks will take that throw 10/10 times. It was a crucial and backbreaking mistake that allowed the Dolphins back in the game. Despite other positive plays, these plays were directly responsible for the comeback and that's inexcusable to me."

However, you laugh and mock the people who actually do film study and have never shown and semblance of nuance in your posts, so I don't think we'll get the above.

I didn’t know this was school, but I do appreciate that you made my point for me

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
My point exactly- you're incapable of actually discussing and showing any nuance.

You're a troll.

Lol oh yes. Because I choose not to post extensive analysis and also do not agree with the status quo, I am most definitely a troll

Tank

Hall of Famer
Probably best to just leave this alone, not worth the angst. Let things play out through the season and see how it turns out.

Also, the ignore feature is your friend as there are scummy trolls that drop in when they feel they have the chance to stir the pot. Just enjoy the regulars and try to chill, have fun!

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Probably best to just leave this alone, not worth the angst. Let things play out through the season and see how it turns out.
And even then, we won't have have an answer for three years. Three years is the mark to evaluate a draft class.

It sucks when most fans are so reactionary, but that's the reality.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
And even then, we won't have have an answer for three years. Three years is the mark to evaluate a draft class.

It sucks when most fans are so reactionary, but that's the reality.
absolutely agree on that 3 years should be the benchmark when evaluating any draft class.

btw, in addition to Hamilton or any defensive back for that matter. It's one of the most difficult positions to play in the NFL and make the transition for college to the pros. Hamilton has made some critical mistakes, but he will hopefully learn from them. Linderbaum is also showing a lot of positives in his game, but he also needs to get better. Expecting any rookie to be an All Pro year one is just setting yourself up for failure.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
absolutely agree on that 3 years should be the benchmark when evaluating any draft class.

btw, in addition to Hamilton or any defensive back for that matter. It's one of the most difficult positions to play in the NFL and make the transition for college to the pros. Hamilton has made some critical mistakes, but he will hopefully learn from them. Linderbaum is also showing a lot of positives in his game, but he also needs to get better. Expecting any rookie to be an All Pro year one is just setting yourself up for failure.
Hamilton's a rookie thrust into the spotlight! He's going to make some glaring and costly mistakes at times. My take on them is better now than later (when playoff implications are on the line). Everybody screams, "We need younger guys on the field! Or, it's time to trust our young guys, etc." And then, when they mess up (as to be expected from rooks) some cats prematurely start calling our young players a bust. Really? After 2 games that's what their assessment is? Unbelievable! With veterans like Humphrey, Peters, Williams, and Clark around him, I believe that he will settle down and settle into his role as a Raven.