• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Great News!

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
To be serious though, this wakes my professional self. Take it from someone who has worked in software for many years, making your own pattern-matching profanity filter is generally considered a "don't do it". Either try to find some existing, off-the-shelf lib, or don't do it. Regexing for substrings that may contain profanity is a lot more mistake-prone than it seems.
Or you'll run into the Scunthorpe problem [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scunthorpe_problem] which is pretty much right where you'll be heading next. Or you'll make the Clbuttic mistake [https://thedailywtf.com/articles/The-Clbuttic-Mistake-]
I appericate it and am aware for other things, but I promise this ones not that deep. I simply just had a list of every banned word, deleted them all, and put back what I felt was too nasty. Thanks though.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I didn’t take it as a joke. I consider you as childish so I’m not gonna man up on you. Just so we’re clear here.

I apologize Nurps. I realize it was offensive, but I thought this was a no holds barred kind of thread where we can say whatever and joke about whatever.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I dont even regret reading all four pages

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have two massive finance exams today so during the studying process I get extremely efficient at everything except studying so it got updated.

ironically, this board was created as a substitute for me studying years ago. old habits don't die

Same, except I got my start on the old BR.com boards back in HS, and then RSR in my college years

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Same, except I got my start on the old BR.com boards back in HS, and then RSR in my college years
Yeah! We were over there together on BR.com. I just went over to RSR not too long ago to peep things.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah! We were over there together on BR.com. I just went over to RSR not too long ago to peep things.

I remember you over there on the old forums man, you actually had one of those cool avatar things made for me