• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Who makes the jump?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
which of our year 2 and 3 guys do you think are going to make the biggest jump next year?

im gonna go with 3 guys; tyus bowser, chuck clark, and alex lewis.

in limited snaps, tyus bowser looked like a true impact player, few mistakes and lapses here and there and suddenly he was in the doghouse, but he pass rushed far better than i expected, he looks much bigger in the NFL than he looked in college, and his coverage snaps were as advertised. another year to learn, another year to hone his skills and fill out his body, and i think he will be a big time player.

chuck clark may be a name that surprises some people, but i liked what little i saw of him. he was around the ball a lot in college, and he was last year as well, he just has a nose for it and i think if given opportunities in the dime, or if given some snaps as a psuedo-linebacker for coverage or blitzing, he could carve himself out a role just like levine did, but levine took years, i see clark as already being that guy in only 1 year, let him get an early start and i think he ends up stepping into a full time starting role as a SS in a few years.

and alex lewis was excellent in pass pro, but had leverage issues in the run game and doesnt have the quickest feet. recent pictures of him appear to show a bigger more solid man, if he has bulked up and added a bunch of muscle then he could take a huge leap, he needed to play stronger and lower as a rookie, so if he got stronger over the past year then i think hes gonna take a big step forward.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
i really hope so, like REALLY hope so, but i feel he may be a year 3 breakout, no real rationale i just think he may come on a little slowly and then really bursts onto the scene in year 3

I agree with you but didn't we have a back and forth a couple weeks ago where you were saying he just needed more snaps and it wss largely a Pees issue.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I agree with you but didn't we have a back and forth a couple weeks ago where you were saying he just needed more snaps and it wss largely a Pees issue.
i think it was largely a pees issue, but with suggs, judon, bowser, and ZDS on the roster, i think tim will get lost in a logjam, ZDS being a fucking harbaugh guy is probably gonna get way more snaps than he deserves, we will continue to give suggs a workload that wears him down by years end, nobody is taking judons snaps, and bowser was a bigger investment and can fill more roles.

the real issue i think is that we simply dont believe in pinning your ears back and going hunting. this is still harbaughs team, and he simply doesnt want "incomplete" players on the field if he can help it, no matter how stupid, its just his philosophy. so until tim williams take a step forward in coverage his snaps will be limited.

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
I think Chris Wormley will become a solid contributor in the DL rotation. I am also looking for a big season from Kenneth Dixon.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
i think it was largely a pees issue, but with suggs, judon, bowser, and ZDS on the roster, i think tim will get lost in a logjam, ZDS being a fucking harbaugh guy is probably gonna get way more snaps than he deserves, we will continue to give suggs a workload that wears him down by years end, nobody is taking judons snaps, and bowser was a bigger investment and can fill more roles.

the real issue i think is that we simply dont believe in pinning your ears back and going hunting. this is still harbaughs team, and he simply doesnt want "incomplete" players on the field if he can help it, no matter how stupid, its just his philosophy. so until tim williams take a step forward in coverage his snaps will be limited.
There's another solution for that problem, though.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
lewis, tavon and judon.. idk if judon and tavon count but those are my guys so im going with them. I think judon will break 10 sack mark

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Judon and Tavon do count due to yr 3
True! I feel like bowser and twill have no choice but to make a decent jump due to the fact that they really didnt do much last season. Im going with tavon and judon cause in order for us to see a big jump by them, we gonna have to see something veryimpactful which both of them are very capable of doing.

Since we ain't much lucky with injuries and Smitthy may eventually take longer to recover from the Achilles, I say Canady.
I would also like the team to stick with Dixon for a few more years at least, giving Lamar (if he'll be starting) the perfect 3rd down toy. I guess this one can be read as a bold prediction as well.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I expect all the guys from last year to make a discernible jump.

Id like to see a rotation of sorts between Bowser and Judon with Bowser steadily taking on the SAM linebacker role. I can see Judon gradually moving as a rotational rush linebacker, splitting snaps with Suggs.

Clark had a feel about him coming out and was, next to Humphrey, the guy in last years class that made the biggest impression. I expect we will see him improve.

Siragusa has the makings of a dominant guard...perhaps a look at center. I expect Humphrey to improve leaps and bounds.

I should hope Wormley is in the rotation at DE though I'm not convinced.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I expect all the guys from last year to make a discernible jump.

Id like to see a rotation of sorts between Bowser and Judon with Bowser steadily taking on the SAM linebacker role. I can see Judon gradually moving as a rotational rush linebacker, splitting snaps with Suggs.

Clark had a feel about him coming out and was, next to Humphrey, the guy in last years class that made the biggest impression. I expect we will see him improve.

Siragusa has the makings of a dominant guard...perhaps a look at center. I expect Humphrey to improve leaps and bounds.

I should hope Wormley is in the rotation at DE though I'm not convinced.
Judon has been getting better every year. If anything id rather keep him in the field at all times. He learned how to play decent cvg really fast and is effective as a rusher.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Tyus Bowser, I've been saying for a year probably.

Willie Henry in a better situation should have 5+ sacks and bring more consistent pass rush.

Tim Williams in a better suited role.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Willie Henry- no one is going to benefit moreso from the new DC. I'd be genuinely surprised if he gets less than 6 sacks this season. Dude can bring the heat

Tim Williams- Hopefully we actually let the guy develop. At worst he should beat out ZDS for situational pass rush snaps. We really need to use this guy more. Potential 10+ sack guy a season.. Use him damnit

Alex Lewis- He was MEDIOCRE his rookie year.. Not good. I think Roman's scheme benefits him. Worst case scenario he's a massive upgrade over Hurst at LG. I think if he's become a decent run blocker than the oline is going to be fine.

Tyus Bowser- Shouldn't be a surprise. He was solid in coverage whenever he was on the field and we really need to use him more. Makes me mad we didn't take a thumper at ILB in the draft because I think Bowser should be a guy we rotate in to play as a coverage guy. He's not gonna really be much of a pass rusher, too raw, but he looks to be a good one.

Nico Siragusa- Bold time. Since he's working out, I fully expect him to be the starting C. He's got a high football IQ and is NASTY. He would've won the LG job last season even with Lewis supposedly developing imo.... I have a ton of confidence in a line of Stanley-Lewis-Siragusa-Yanda-Brown.....

Also.. Please cut Za'Darius Smith Ozzie. Thanks

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
The amount of hate Hurst is getting is ridiculous. I get he's not a solution at OT but heI was a damn good guard last year, and I seriously doubt Lewis can ever be better.