• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Who makes the jump?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Willie Henry- no one is going to benefit moreso from the new DC. I'd be genuinely surprised if he gets less than 6 sacks this season. Dude can bring the heat

Tim Williams- Hopefully we actually let the guy develop. At worst he should beat out ZDS for situational pass rush snaps. We really need to use this guy more. Potential 10+ sack guy a season.. Use him damnit

Alex Lewis- He was MEDIOCRE his rookie year.. Not good. I think Roman's scheme benefits him. Worst case scenario he's a massive upgrade over Hurst at LG. I think if he's become a decent run blocker than the oline is going to be fine.

Tyus Bowser- Shouldn't be a surprise. He was solid in coverage whenever he was on the field and we really need to use him more. Makes me mad we didn't take a thumper at ILB in the draft because I think Bowser should be a guy we rotate in to play as a coverage guy. He's not gonna really be much of a pass rusher, too raw, but he looks to be a good one.

Nico Siragusa- Bold time. Since he's working out, I fully expect him to be the starting C. He's got a high football IQ and is NASTY. He would've won the LG job last season even with Lewis supposedly developing imo.... I have a ton of confidence in a line of Stanley-Lewis-Siragusa-Yanda-Brown.....

Also.. Please cut Za'Darius Smith Ozzie. Thanks

You’ll hate me for saying this but my hope is that out of hurst, Lewis and siragusa we can fill those last 2 interior spots on the ol - I know you don’t like it but we know hurst is at least a viable LG and we know the coaches love Alex Lewis - and in terms of Lewis I expect him to be better no matter what because we haven’t yet seen him play in the power scheme vs zbs and I think he’s much better suited to power - if he’s bulked up and maintains his mirroring ability vs the pass then he’s almost certainly going to be an upgrade vs hurst so that’s exciting to me - he’d have to actively regress for our ol not to be upgraded at that spot which i find highly unlikely

Well see about siragusa but I’d love to see him earn his way on the field - Our coaches have always insisted that the best 5 guys on the OL will play and i imagine they’ll give Nico the chance to at least earn snaps - skura will get the first crack at centre but I don’t think anyone in the front office or coaching staff is in love with that so other guys will get a chance too - including Bozeman - he’s an unexceptional centre but he looks like a starter on tape and has actively trimmed down in the offseason so you’d hope his movement skills would improve - I would not be the biggest fan of him starting but he does seem to have all the necessary intangibles to be a starting centre so we’ll see I guess

In my eyes we’ve got 3 set starters at LT, LG and RG and the other 2 spots are an open competition but RT looks like it might also be in a good spot - the less fluid the OL is in training camp the better the unit will be during the year

Despite the lack of talent we had playing all year last year on the OL the overall unit played well later in the year but it took them some time to mesh because of all the chopping and changing

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
You’ll hate me for saying this but my hope is that out of hurst, Lewis and siragusa we can fill those last 2 interior spots on the ol - I know you don’t like it but we know hurst is at least a viable LG and we know the coaches love Alex Lewis - and in terms of Lewis I expect him to be better no matter what because we haven’t yet seen him play in the power scheme vs zbs and I think he’s much better suited to power - if he’s bulked up and maintains his mirroring ability vs the pass then he’s almost certainly going to be an upgrade vs hurst so that’s exciting to me - he’d have to actively regress for our ol not to be upgraded at that spot which i find highly unlikely

Well see about siragusa but I’d love to see him earn his way on the field - Our coaches have always insisted that the best 5 guys on the OL will play and i imagine they’ll give Nico the chance to at least earn snaps - skura will get the first crack at centre but I don’t think anyone in the front office or coaching staff is in love with that so other guys will get a chance too - including Bozeman - he’s an unexceptional centre but he looks like a starter on tape and has actively trimmed down in the offseason so you’d hope his movement skills would improve - I would not be the biggest fan of him starting but he does seem to have all the necessary intangibles to be a starting centre so we’ll see I guess

In my eyes we’ve got 3 set starters at LT, LG and RG and the other 2 spots are an open competition but RT looks like it might also be in a good spot - the less fluid the OL is in training camp the better the unit will be during the year

Despite the lack of talent we had playing all year last year on the OL the overall unit played well later in the year but it took them some time to mesh because of all the chopping and changing
I would not complain at all with Bozeman. I had a fourth round grade on him personally and he's a pretty good player. If he's the starter, he's not gonna be a world beater but I could see him as just a rock. So no complaints. I do think Siragusa is gonna win the job if he's as healthy as claimed.

Bozeman and Brown will undoubtedly have some growing pains but both are ideal fits for the scheme, Brown especially.

Hurst was still a below average LG. Decent pass blocker, HORRID run blocker. He's become one of the most overrated players on the forum... And it pisses me off. The fanbase tends to overrate certain players. This year it's.. Hurst. Who's below average at best, horrible at worst? I don't get it. One year it's Urschel, another year it's Crockett. Just... No thanks. He's just a Harbaugh guy like ZDS who gets more playing time than he honestly deserves.

If Hurst is at LG... It won't be the death of the line but he's no asset. I have little doubts that Brown is going to be the starter because whenever Hurst goes to the RT spot he gets dogwalked and sorry.. Not just Joe's safety I'm worried about but do y'all really want to ruin the career of our young rookie future stud QB? No thanks.

Sorry. Hurst deserves most of the crap he gets. He's honestly horrible at T and still not a good player at LG.

But yeah. Those are the players I expect to improve. I'd also like to see Young take the step. Dude could be a pro bowl caliber slot CB.

Team's got talent and there's a really good chance we can get out of NFL purgatory this year... If Flacco steps up his play. If not then he can fuck off and we get a ton of cap room next season

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
What if Hurst is our solution at C the whole time and that’s why we paid him and let Jensen walk? Hmmm......

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
What if Hurst is our solution at C the whole time and that’s why we paid him and let Jensen walk? Hmmm......
3VwfviR.gif

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think it will be

Stanley-Hurst-Lewis-Yanda-Brown

I think our day 1 starters might be Stanley, Lewis, Skura, Yanda, Hurst but I hope they wont because i predict an aneurism from lost if that's the case

i think you may well be right but i wonder if siragusa and lewis added to the fact that Hurst will be openly competing (according to the coaches) for the RT spot leads me to thinking that Hurst may not end up playing interior line to start the year

i think my ideal and maybe a lot of people's ideal would be
Stanley, Lewis, Siragusa, Yanda, Brown with Skura as the 6th OL and Hurst as the swing tackle

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
i think you may well be right but i wonder if siragusa and lewis added to the fact that Hurst will be openly competing (according to the coaches) for the RT spot leads me to thinking that Hurst may not end up playing interior line to start the year
I sure hope he doesn't start it on the outside.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think it will be

Stanley-Hurst-Lewis-Yanda-Brown
Lol, it was a joke.

I think our day 1 starters might be Stanley, Lewis, Skura, Yanda, Hurst but I hope they wont because i predict an aneurism from lost if that's the case

i think my ideal and maybe a lot of people's ideal would be
Stanley, Lewis, Siragusa, Yanda, Brown with Skura as the 6th OL and Hurst as the swing tackle
I think this is the OL we will most likely see but I wouldn’t count our Hurst at RT not Skura at C.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
which of our year 2 and 3 guys do you think are going to make the biggest jump next year?

im gonna go with 3 guys; tyus bowser, chuck clark, and alex lewis.

in limited snaps, tyus bowser looked like a true impact player, few mistakes and lapses here and there and suddenly he was in the doghouse, but he pass rushed far better than i expected, he looks much bigger in the NFL than he looked in college, and his coverage snaps were as advertised. another year to learn, another year to hone his skills and fill out his body, and i think he will be a big time player.

chuck clark may be a name that surprises some people, but i liked what little i saw of him. he was around the ball a lot in college, and he was last year as well, he just has a nose for it and i think if given opportunities in the dime, or if given some snaps as a psuedo-linebacker for coverage or blitzing, he could carve himself out a role just like levine did, but levine took years, i see clark as already being that guy in only 1 year, let him get an early start and i think he ends up stepping into a full time starting role as a SS in a few years.

and alex lewis was excellent in pass pro, but had leverage issues in the run game and doesnt have the quickest feet. recent pictures of him appear to show a bigger more solid man, if he has bulked up and added a bunch of muscle then he could take a huge leap, he needed to play stronger and lower as a rookie, so if he got stronger over the past year then i think hes gonna take a big step forward.

If i knew alex lewis personally i'd ask him to do what evan mathis did in 2010 and transform himself in the weight room. He needs to be stronger and more physical in the run game. Heck, call up and evan and ask him to give him his regiment.

UKRaven

Practice Squad
Willie Henry- no one is going to benefit moreso from the new DC. I'd be genuinely surprised if he gets less than 6 sacks this season. Dude can bring the heat

Tim Williams- Hopefully we actually let the guy develop. At worst he should beat out ZDS for situational pass rush snaps. We really need to use this guy more. Potential 10+ sack guy a season.. Use him damnit

Alex Lewis- He was MEDIOCRE his rookie year.. Not good. I think Roman's scheme benefits him. Worst case scenario he's a massive upgrade over Hurst at LG. I think if he's become a decent run blocker than the oline is going to be fine.

Tyus Bowser- Shouldn't be a surprise. He was solid in coverage whenever he was on the field and we really need to use him more. Makes me mad we didn't take a thumper at ILB in the draft because I think Bowser should be a guy we rotate in to play as a coverage guy. He's not gonna really be much of a pass rusher, too raw, but he looks to be a good one.

Nico Siragusa- Bold time. Since he's working out, I fully expect him to be the starting C. He's got a high football IQ and is NASTY. He would've won the LG job last season even with Lewis supposedly developing imo.... I have a ton of confidence in a line of Stanley-Lewis-Siragusa-Yanda-Brown.....

Also.. Please cut Za'Darius Smith Ozzie. Thanks

This! Williams needs to develop but he gets to the QB, was wasted last year and not used to his strengths!

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bowser was absolutely drafted in round two so that he would and will be an impact player at SAM.
As I see it, he NEEDS to not just contribute this year but take On a starting, and perhaps starring role.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Bowser was absolutely drafted in round two so that he would and will be an impact player at SAM.
perhaps starring role.
I'll contact his agent and get him auditions for the Big Bang Theory ASAP. Lordy knows that that show could use ANY kind of talent.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He gained weight for sure.
I hope Clark because I want to see more big nickel formations.

If deshon elliott can earn special teams snaps then I could see him maybe earning some dime snaps early because he’s got decent box pedigree and we got him well below his talent level in the draft - I think Clark and Elliott may find themselves competing for those dime snaps especially if Levine doesn’t make it/we are committed to getting faster on the back end

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
Willie Henry - showed vast improvement last year, so I’m confident he’ll continue his rise.

Judon - could reach double digit sacks

Bowser - looked good for a few games then this weird coaching staff just omitted him. His coverage skills alone should have got him PT the way TEs were killing us.

Tim Williams - if we truly become an aggressive defensive again then Williams should find success as situational pass rusher

Wishful thinking - Dixon