• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Who makes the jump?

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
If deshon elliott can earn special teams snaps then I could see him maybe earning some dime snaps early because he’s got decent box pedigree and we got him well below his talent level in the draft - I think Clark and Elliott may find themselves competing for those dime snaps especially if Levine doesn’t make it/we are committed to getting faster on the back end
At this point I don't see how we can justify giving Levine a roster spot. He's a good player and I've always been a fan but we have too many young guys, even at his position, that have more upside. His value on this team is miniscule right now with Clark/Elliot. I think he's gone.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
At this point I don't see how we can justify giving Levine a roster spot. He's a good player and I've always been a fan but we have too many young guys, even at his position, that have more upside. His value on this team is miniscule right now with Clark/Elliot. I think he's gone.

We’ve got guys who replace his role in the defence and they both likely also contribute in special teams too - they’re both younger, cheaper and faster - my guess is that his nouse in coverage and his leadership in special teams gives him more of a chance than we’d hope - I just have a suspicion that one of him and mclellan might make it even though I agree that it’s time we got younger there

Hurst will lead the line for years to come...

Bowser - I thought his pre season play showed he was easily going to be our best rookie last year and for some reason coaches just refused to give him snaps.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Seeing these new comments from the vets on D, I'm going with a jump for Mosley, Jefferson, Pierce and the young OLBs. Considering the offense is brand new I'll go with... Skura?

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Seeing these new comments from the vets on D, I'm going with a jump for Mosley, Jefferson, Pierce and the young OLBs. Considering the offense is brand new I'll go with... Skura?
Skura is underrated. He was really really good both in run and pass block. I like Bozeman too though.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Skura is underrated. He was really really good both in run and pass block. I like Bozeman too though.

skura has apparently bulked up this offseason in preparation for this season - he's got a decent technical brain on his shoulders so if he has the bulk and the anchor then he's got a solid chance to start

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
skura has apparently bulked up this offseason in preparation for this season - he's got a decent technical brain on his shoulders so if he has the bulk and the anchor then he's got a solid chance to start
im hoping that skura is the reason we were comfortable letting jensen walk and not the money.

doubt it though. i do think skura can be serviceable but i think he can be upgraded on by quite a bit, and im just not sure bozeman is a quality starting C, he just looks so slow and clunky sometimes, i think he could be a plug and play backup kinda guy, like a real quality #2 center who certainly isnt getting overpowered and has the head to step in with no hiccups, but im not sure he plays at a high enough level to be a starter.

ill hold my judgements til i see skura play, but i wouldve loved to see us get james daniels somehow. he was up there with ridley/gesicki/hurst/moore as a pick i wouldve really liked in our trade back range. but i think skura is far more serviceable as a starter than anything we had at TE lol

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
If he comes back to full health, I think Siragusa ends up as our center.
Stanley - Lewis - Siragusa - Yanda - Brown

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Willie Henry and Matt Judon. Both will get double digit sacks. Of 2nd year players Bowser should win the 2nd ILB job,Williams will be better used in passrush situations and Chuck Clark will see significant more time but none will make the big "jump".

On offense I'm going with Ken Dixon. This guy can be great!!

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well sorry but a guard not allowing a lot of pressure and getting push in the run game is pretty good in my book and basically compares well to Jensen.

I believe if Skura was our center and Jensen was our LG our line would've been much stronger. Skura really is disrespected for some reason.