• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Perfectly stated.
I guess to be cynical, one could say that LAC was playing soft the final minutes of the game, allowing Lamar to finally have some success. And I suppose there is a lot of truth to that. But the point still stands, they did not have faith in Lamar, and have been babying him to his detriment.
And now with Roman as the OC, a guy who loves to run the ball as much as possible, I'm really afraid for Lamar. He has too much raw talent for these idiots to just squander.
Thing is they really weren’t playimg soft at all

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think Harbaugh took the game out of Marty’s hands at the end of the game and that’s why we started to run no huddle. That’s my opinion and I think the decision to change Marty was John’s. I feel this because John eluded to how they [LAC] didn’t do anything we didn’t expect and that it was basic so I felt that kind of said all that needed to be said. Perhaps I misinterpreted his statements or heard them how I wanted lol, just my thoughts.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I have no idea what he can possibly teach
Lamar other than running that gimmick offense
Have you seen some some of stuff Lamar wears? whoa! Cam will be sharing and teaching some of the finer points of NFL QB fashion sense, like this.....

upload_2019-1-12_2-53-44.jpeg

Last edited:
But when they told lamar to let er’ rip, what happened...

Maybe the lack of faith was misfounded and harbaugh and his guy are hamstringing yet another qb. They said “lamar is our guy and he’s staying in the game” yet they refused to believe in him until the game was out of reach. The coaching staff in that game was one big fat oxymoron and as much as I like harbaugh, I don’t believe he’s the one to guide this team with an unconventional style like this, he’s too afraid to trust a player with the slightest deficiency and he will try to mask that deficiency to a fault

I think we agree on everything. My biggest issue with that game was the lack of adjustments by our coaches. For three quarters they watched Lamar get his ass kicked and had no answers. It was pitiful.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Perfectly stated.
I guess to be cynical, one could say that LAC was playing soft the final minutes of the game, allowing Lamar to finally have some success. And I suppose there is a lot of truth to that. But the point still stands, they did not have faith in Lamar, and have been babying him to his detriment.
And now with Roman as the OC, a guy who loves to run the ball as much as possible, I'm really afraid for Lamar. He has too much raw talent for these idiots to just squander.
They softened up the blitz but they were in no way playing soft coverage, lamar was beating underneath coverage with touch passes and beating top down coverage with velocity, and breaking down the defense by extending, nothing about that defense looked soft other than the 4 man rush which was still harassing him the whole time. For him to respond like that was really encouraging, and with Roman, I think he’s the best option for now as long as we have a quality qb coach for him in James urban, the most important thing for Roman is to take cues from lamar and urban and adjust his playbook accordingly, lamar will never be a 40+ dropback qb, run heavy is just necessary.

And hopefully Roman uses these TEs until their goddamn legs fall off, because they’re gonna be the key to this passing game

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Lol i hope lamar doesnt wear that shit.. atleast not all the girly looking shit.. doubt he will, i got faith in him lol
He is not wearing that brother, you can be sure of that. I think Cam himself may have lost a bet, or he was helping a friend like in “The Puffy Shirt” episode of Seinfeld.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
They softened up the blitz but they were in no way playing soft coverage, lamar was beating underneath coverage with touch passes and beating top down coverage with velocity, and breaking down the defense by extending, nothing about that defense looked soft other than the 4 man rush which was still harassing him the whole time. For him to respond like that was really encouraging, and with Roman, I think he’s the best option for now as long as we have a quality qb coach for him in James urban, the most important thing for Roman is to take cues from lamar and urban and adjust his playbook accordingly, lamar will never be a 40+ dropback qb, run heavy is just necessary.

And hopefully Roman uses these TEs until their goddamn legs fall off, because they’re gonna be the key to this passing game

I don't understand how we barely used any of the TE motions that were successful in other games against the Chargers. We ran that shit almost all game against the Browns and ran for almost 300 yards, but then we hardly do it at all in the biggest game of the year? At the very least, they should have been using them to chip Ingram while Hurst was getting destroyed...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He is not wearing that brother, you can be sure of that. I think Cam himself may have lost a bet, or he was helping a friend like in “The Puffy Shirt” episode of Seinfeld.
Speaking of losing a bet. My friends son, who lives in Boston, has a bet in his fantasy league that the last place finisher in his football league has to go to the Red Sox game in a dress. Ouch. The league is all male.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think Harbaugh took the game out of Marty’s hands at the end of the game and that’s why we started to run no huddle. That’s my opinion and I think the decision to change Marty was John’s. I feel this because John eluded to how they [LAC] didn’t do anything we didn’t expect and that it was basic so I felt that kind of said all that needed to be said. Perhaps I misinterpreted his statements or heard them how I wanted lol, just my thoughts.
I tend to agree. Harbs is a strong HC that doesn't necessarily get told by others how to do his job or hire his coaches. So, it is entirely likely that he saw that Roman had a lot to do with our offensive success but he was hamstrung by his inability to call the games and he probably felt after the final game that Roman would've been a better play caller for Lamar's skills. So, he did the obvious.

Tank

Hall of Famer
No really, Cam does dress like that. lol

upload_2019-1-14_12-39-35.jpeg

upload_2019-1-14_12-40-37.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-14_8-46-1.jpeg
    upload_2019-1-14_8-46-1.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 170