• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
RSR and even Reddit had a lot of ppl saying don’t pay Lamar roll with Huntley

Lol, we’ll then. I can certainly understand the fears that come with handing out what will likely be the second largest contract in NFL history. Buuuuuut I think I’ll take Lamar of Huntley.

Side note : IDK how you guys can handle reading all the Reddit and Twitter shit. Seems like the negative stuff outweighs the advantages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Lol, we’ll then. I can certainly understand the fears that come with handing out what will likely be the second largest contract in NFL history. Buuuuuut I think I’ll take Lamar of Huntley.

Side note : IDK how you guys can handle reading all the Reddit and Twitter shit. Seems like the negative stuff outweighs the advantages

2nd largest? Who is first

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Reddit I find impossible
Twitter I’m completely addicted to lol (but you can cultivate your space somewhat on twitter by being careful with who you follow)

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Reddit I find impossible
Twitter I’m completely addicted to lol (but you can cultivate your space somewhat on twitter by being careful with who you follow)

Do you actively engage on Twitter or just follow certain people for news? I can understand for those purposes. But man once you start engaging, especially on political stuff, it’s just game over on human decency.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
2nd largest? Who is first

I didn’t think Lamar would reach the guaranteed money Allen was getting (150 Mil) or Mahomes 45/ annually. Unless Allen wins a super bowl this year, i figured his contract would slide between them

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Do you actively engage on Twitter or just follow certain people for news? I can understand for those purposes. But man once you start engaging, especially on political stuff, it’s just game over on human decency.

haha i just lurk on it - havent ever engaged with anything beyond reading - dont even like or retweet stuff or anything lol

i mostly use it for news and commentary and stuff

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I didn’t think Lamar would reach the guaranteed money Allen was getting (150 Mil) or Mahomes 45/ annually. Unless Allen wins a super bowl this year, i figured his contract would slide between them

haha hard to slide between them - both of them got 2 very different structured deals and both could claim they got the better deal in different facets

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor

Yea, it’s awful, I can’t handle it. They’re also huge echo chambers that don’t represent reality. I like the comradery we have in here

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

My bad. I misread this, I thought you meant 2nd largest contract the Ravens have had.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yea, it’s awful, I can’t handle it. They’re also huge echo chambers that don’t represent reality. I like the comradery we have in here
Agreed, this place has always felt different, I don’t engage in any other forum, I’m not even on social media anymore, I stay here though.

y’all the homies

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
i mean is he?

tyrod
minshew
keenum
heinicke
mariota
brissett
mccoy
dalton
lock

and im not even including lance or someone like that

not saying these guys are just hanging on trees but it's not difficult to improve your backup situation if you're willing - the ravens just typically have not invested in that spot with cap space or draft picks
Just throwing this out there, but most, if not all, the QBs you listed there, are playing behind "starters" who are not "top tier" and may not even have a good holding on the job to begin with. Teams often invest heavier in backup QBs when they have a player on a rookie deal, or perhaps a fringe NFL starter to begin with, as the starting QB.

When you look around at highly paid, top tier QBs, those teams are typically not making significant investments in backup QBs.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Doesn’t trust OLine and looking at the rush?
Eyes too stuck on Andrews?
Lamar used to be better at anticipation throws. He definitely took a step back this season for whatever reasons.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Lamar used to be better at anticipation throws. He definitely took a step back this season for whatever reasons.

My ears just fuckin died

We saw quite a bit of this in the second half of the season this year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

not sure what's going on in that 1st one to bateman because we cant see the LoS or Lamar

that one to duvernay is frustrating because you can see he's affected by the rush before it's anywhere near him - if you watch the endzone angle you see him hitch and then feel mckinley about to win and rather than continue his progression he bails - you can see he has zero trust in villanueva with that single block on the edge - you can see him check the safety in the middle of the field and see andrews is covered, then you see him move to the 2nd read to watkins and see that he's covered too and I think he wants Duvernay after that but walker does a great job at LB for the browns taking away that passing lane and lamar bails before duvernay gets to the 2nd window

he goes through those first 2 reads before bailing and he reads all those 3 reads and starts to scramble before mckinley even makes contact with villanueva that's how little trust he had in villanueva

it's tough to ask him to wait on that 2nd window when the pocket is crumpling around him

to me he cant throw that with anticipation when he bails because andrews, walker and the safety are all screwing up that 1st window so he has to buy time somehow and it's just a case of stepping up vs scrambling right and i think he only does that because he had zero trust in the pocket and tbf he was right to... we had 6 man protection and a 7th guy chip before getting into his route for a 4 man rush + 1 late blitzer who didnt impact the early part of the play the browns pass rush still won

he should probably have stepped up and anticipated duvernay clearing and getting to that 2nd window but i think he felt mckinley win inside - you can see he takes a step as if he's about to hitch and step up again and then feels the pressure and scrambles right

like not saying this was a good play or anything by lamar - just saying that it's not the abhorrent miss it seems like initially - it's a missed opportunity which sucks but it's not even a case of lamar reading things faster because it takes 4 seconds for duvernay to start coming open

marklar

Pro Bowler
I think we all agree that Jackson had a midseason slump, and the injury prevented us from seeing him back to his normal self.

Remember that Mahomes had a pretty bad slump at the startof the season but since he had time to turn it around it is all forgotten, while we will hear all offseason how Jackson regressed

I have ZERO worries of this being a permanent issue and fully expect the normal Jackson in Week 1 next season. So just going to close my eyes on all the negative stuff on him