• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

redrum52

Hall of Famer

giphy.gif

Tank

Hall of Famer
Well 2 possessions were taken from our offense because our D and ST scored, a rookie mistake by mark Andrews to turn his head on a mad dash to the endzone prevented a TD. And regardless the point still stands, you don’t need high flying offense to win if you are controlling the clock and playing good defense.

His comment only holds water when you are playing shit defense and then the clock control means nothing. If you have a top defense, keeping it fresh and not expending your whole playbook is crucial.
I’m theory I don’t disagree, simply saying the Raiders suck and our offense didn’t score that much against them. It could be much more difficult to control clock and play good defense against a better team.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I’m theory I don’t disagree, simply saying the Raiders suck and our offense didn’t score that much against them. It could be much more difficult to control clock and play good defense against a better team.
So what would be better plan against such team? Have Flacco pass 55 times? We already saw how shit we look like doing that.

Tank

Hall of Famer
So what would be better plan against such team? Have Flacco pass 55 times? We already saw how shit we look like doing that.
I’m confused as to why you and others keep bringing up Flacco. Did I mention him at all? I thought we were discussing Sunday’s game in which Flacco did not play, and the viability of the offense moving forward.

The better plan would be to call better plays, play better and score more points. duh

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I’m confused as to why you and others keep bringing up Flacco. Did I mention him at all? I thought we were discussing Sunday’s game in which Flacco did not play, and the viability of the offense moving forward.

The better plan would be to call better plays, play better and score more points. duh

With Jackson under center, zone reads and run heavy game are our best option. Keep our D fresh, keep the ball out of Ryan's hands and Julio and Ridley.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Thats why I was impressed with his pro day interview with Mayock. Mayock asked him which route he targets if he sees cover one and lamar instantly called the right protection and route. They went on with further questions and Lamar could answer all of them in a heart beat.

at every stage of his development he's shown quick improvements based on specific failings or mistakes...

• at the combine he was hesitant and didnt really put any zip on the ball and looked very uncomfortable even while faking the under centre snaps - cue his pro day where he made sure to correct his issues and actually had a real centre snap the ball to him (normally they fake it)
  • the bills game where he plays in relief he is late throwing to a tight end who's free in a zone and it falls incomplete - the next series the ravens run a similar(ish) concept vs the zone coverage and he recognises it and throws with anticipation and timing to the tight end who comes free
  • never called plays before - practiced every playcall on the sideline when not playing - has had only 1 or 2 hiccups as a fulltime starter (1 of which might have been due to helmet mic not working but was unclear on broadcast)
  • had some shaky in-pocket moments vs the bengals - looked poised and efficient with movement and footwork vs the raiders

the speed he corrects mistakes and improves areas he's not perfect in has been so fast - the fact he's completely rebuilt the way he throws the football with his lower body mechanics and footwork in 6-7 months is awesome - and he looks so natural at it too and hasnt lost the whippy arm that gave him the power too

id be interested to know if he now has more "arm strength" than in college because he could launch it in college with basically just his upper body doing the work and torquing his torso to create power - now his base and legs and hips are all contributing to a more efficient throwing mechanic and i suspect he can probably throw it further and harder than he could before

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
at every stage of his development he's shown quick improvements based on specific failings or mistakes...

• at the combine he was hesitant and didnt really put any zip on the ball and looked very uncomfortable even while faking the under centre snaps - cue his pro day where he made sure to correct his issues and actually had a real centre snap the ball to him (normally they fake it)
  • the bills game where he plays in relief he is late throwing to a tight end who's free in a zone and it falls incomplete - the next series the ravens run a similar(ish) concept vs the zone coverage and he recognises it and throws with anticipation and timing to the tight end who comes free
  • never called plays before - practiced every playcall on the sideline when not playing - has had only 1 or 2 hiccups as a fulltime starter (1 of which might have been due to helmet mic not working but was unclear on broadcast)
  • had some shaky in-pocket moments vs the bengals - looked poised and efficient with movement and footwork vs the raiders

the speed he corrects mistakes and improves areas he's not perfect in has been so fast - the fact he's completely rebuilt the way he throws the football with his lower body mechanics and footwork in 6-7 months is awesome - and he looks so natural at it too and hasnt lost the whippy arm that gave him the power too

id be interested to know if he now has more "arm strength" than in college because he could launch it in college with basically just his upper body doing the work and torquing his torso to create power - now his base and legs and hips are all contributing to a more efficient throwing mechanic and i suspect he can probably throw it further and harder than he could before
Man......I can't wait to see what happens when he has a whole offseason assuming Flacco is gone. However, I quickly remind myself how questionable our coaching staff especially M***y. I really hope they don't fuck up his progression.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Man......I can't wait to see what happens when he has a whole offseason assuming Flacco is gone. However, I quickly remind myself how questionable our coaching staff especially M***y. I really hope they don't fuck up his progression.
Lmaooo we are censoring Marty’s name now?!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Didn't the offense score most of its points in the first half? Or was it a tie?

ravens scored 34 points - 14 of those points were not scored by the offence

of the offensive plays we scored 6 points in the 1st half and 14 in the 2nd half

in fact we shortened the game so much in the 2nd half that we only had 3 offensive possessions (and 2 of them were long td drives) total in the whole half

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
ravens scored 34 points - 14 of those points were not scored by the offence

of the offensive plays we scored 6 points in the 1st half and 14 in the 2nd half

in fact we shortened the game so much in the 2nd half that we only had 3 offensive possessions (and 2 of them were long td drives) total in the whole half
I mean....damn. If that isn't efficiency and good defense, I don't know what it is.