• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Tank

Hall of Famer
Youre better off ranking him yourself than listening to the “ experts” rankings.. i dnt really know what lamar deserves but i hope he gets every penny that he wants.. it should def be more than what kyler got though lol
If it were the Ravens that paid Kyler Murray I would agree without reservation.

The idea of unproven, random QBs setting the market isn't what I would call justifiable comps. The QB, and WR contracts the past few years really have little to do with talent and potential and a lot to do with bad business decisions.

Youre better off ranking him yourself than listening to the “ experts” rankings.. i dnt really know what lamar deserves but i hope he gets every penny that he wants.. it should def be more than what kyler got though lol
I do not fault him for getting every penny he can, and I don’t fault the ravens for not giving him full g.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
this point makes sense. Some have told me how it would stop the Ravens from being able to make any moves which is something I don't see
An extension makes it harder to make moves 2-3 years from now. How many QBs making $50-60M against the salary cap have high end playmakers to throw to? Not many. At best, they have one.

Short term, an extension is better than the tag.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
And all opinions are OK!
I see where you are coming from, @RavensMania, I think that he shouldn't get it because it's not good for the Ravens, and I'm a Ravens fan, but I love Lamar, and hope he's not scammed, either.
All opinions aren't ok. In fact, a lot of opinions are flat-out wrong. Nothing to do with this specific topic, but that idea is a lie. Like parents telling their kids they're special...

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
All opinions aren't ok. In fact, a lot of opinions are flat-out wrong. Nothing to do with this specific topic, but that idea is a lie. Like parents telling their kids they're special...
of course you'd say that lol. Also, all kids are special in their own unique way. That much is true.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
And all opinions are OK!
I see where you are coming from, @RavensMania, I think that he shouldn't get it because it's not good for the Ravens, and I'm a Ravens fan, but I love Lamar, and hope he's not scammed, either.
fair enough. I think lamar is with more than that, but for maybe a 6 yr contract. That being said, I'm also not fond of a fully guaranteed contract because it shouldn't become the norm unless the cba is changed.

If a player wants a fully guaranteed contract he should be taking less money on an av annual basis, but again that's how I feel about it. It should be a give ans take.

Love Lamar, want him signed because i just don't see us landing another elite qb and yes imo he is elite and one of the best in the league. Give him more receiving weapons and everyone will see that.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
fair enough. I think lamar is with more than that, but for maybe a 6 yr contract. That being said, I'm also not fond of a fully guaranteed contract because it shouldn't become the norm unless the cba is changed.

If a player wants a fully guaranteed contract he should be taking less money on an av annual basis, but again that's how I feel about it. It should be a give ans take.

Love Lamar, want him signed because i just don't see us landing another elite qb and yes imo he is elite and one of the best in the league. Give him more receiving weapons and everyone will see that.
I want him to pass and only have like 25 carries this year. That will make me happy.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
An extension makes it harder to make moves 2-3 years from now. How many QBs making $50-60M against the salary cap have high end playmakers to throw to? Not many. At best, they have one.

Short term, an extension is better than the tag.

Well it’s not like we’ve had high end playmakers to throw to lol. It’s something we didn’t do with his rookie contract, I wouldn’t expect it going forward.

Aside from injury, I wouldn’t be worried about the contract. I would much rather see an overhaul to how we evaluate receivers and look towards the draft instead of in this scenario bringing in a high end playmaker.

I joke all the time about Hopkins and Evans but I would much rather draft. Historically we haven’t done well. We’ve been better. I’d like to continue to get better

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well it’s not like we’ve had high end playmakers to throw to lol. It’s something we didn’t do with his rookie contract, I wouldn’t expect it going forward.

Aside from injury, I wouldn’t be worried about the contract. I would much rather see an overhaul to how we evaluate receivers and look towards the draft instead of in this scenario bringing in a high end playmaker.

I joke all the time about Hopkins and Evans but I would much rather draft. Historically we haven’t done well. We’ve been better. I’d like to continue to get better
We had Hollywood to throw to.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

I agree. The problem though is I just don't give a shit about the past. Like people keep bringing up "well they didn't do enough to invest in people around him". OK, probably not. Now what?

Anybody that says that literally never provides a plan of how to do so when the QB makes $50M a year. They just use vague phrases like "go get Hopkins" or some other bullshit, without thinking about whether its practical.

As I've said before, part of me wants to let some fans like run the franchise for five years, just to see how fucking terrible they'd be at it and how bad of rosters they'd put together. I'd bet 90% end up with a roster that loses a lot of games 35-30. Great for Madden, bad for reality.

I don't care about what was or wasn't done in the past, because it doesn't impact the present or future.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Key another GOAT