• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Well.... at this point.

1) @Ice Bowl Can we have Rodgers?

2) For those who live in the Tampa Area... find Tom Brady and ask if he wants to play for us instead of retiring.

3) FLACCO REUNION.

4) Tank for Caleb.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
He can always sign a tag and pocket 32 mil.

Then he can retire after '23 season.

I fucking would because in all this mess, there is one fact that's absolutely clear - owners are colluding.
They would not need to collude for this. Lamar Jackson 4 years ago was a top 2-3 QB. Lamar Jackson 3 years ago played like a top 5-10 QB. Lamar Jackson the past 2 years has played slightly above average while getting hurt the past 2 years. With that career trajectory plus missing the last 2 years due to injury, is it really surprising no one wants to reset the market with him? It does not take collusion to look at that situation and go "Nope. I do not want a piece of that".

Last edited:
Honestly I'd consider talking with the Lions, Lamar for Goff and picks. They have the 6th pick where we could also go for one of the QBs, then hit a WR with our other first round.

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
That's the tough thing for him. He's got no leverage. His can sit out and take a further hit to his image, he can play like a madman on the tag and try again next year, or he can adjust his expectations and sign.
I think he will adjust his expectations and sign with another team for less than the Raven's have offered. He definitely wasn't happy playing in Balt. this year and the FO is blind if they didn't pick up on that.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
While I agree, there is always the cost of a lost season. Easy to say Steve saves 32M, but that season will likely be a waste. That should be factored into the leverage conversation
No team is giving Lamar what he wants and giving up two first round picks on top of that. A trade this year is not happening. Honestly if I was Steve Biscotti and had his money, I would tell EDC, if Lamar doesn’t show up….
great! If he shows up give him his 32 million but fuck it and play Huntley all year, tank the season and get us the number one pick next year and pick the top rated QB and at the end of the season, put the same God damn tag on his ass and let’s see how it plays out for us. He really holds the card, as he owns the team.

Man we suck. I said this a couple of times already. The culture is at the worst it's ever been since I've been a fan. But others keep saying it's not

Look if it's 1 or 2 players speaking out then ok just might be them but multiple players over the years regarding the same issues yeah no definitely something wrong. Harbs kept sucky coordinators too long and also keeping that dude (forgot his name) that just got fired because of the medical staff report too long as well. To me they weren't hearing the players concerns and now we see the consequences. You can tell this team just doesn't seem happy as a whole.