• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I've thought about this a lot and I think that teams probably were never going to even try and negotiate with Lamar until after the draft. Think about it.

Firstly, why commit to Lamar right now without seeing how the draft board falls. Maybe AR15 at pick number 10 or something is far more palatable.

Secondly, with Lamar on your team your draft pick next year is definitely going to be lower than this year so wait till after the draft, get your guy that could help your team with Lamar this year and give up less meaningful capital starting next year.

Finally, teams probably didn't expect the nonexclusive and were likely not financially set up for a Lamar immediately. So the barrier is quite high in many different ways to get him.

I'm not saying it will happen by any means, but I'd not be surprised if someone potentially made an offer after the draft dust settles

which lamar would have to accept or the ravens just match it

which means that if a team wants lamar, they're going to have to actually trade for him to incentivise the ravens not to match... that's gonna be more than 2 1st rounders (otherwise why would the ravens do it)

only way the ravens let a team get lamar via an offer sheet is if the relationship is too broken and we already traded up and got our guy on draft night

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
then go somewhere else
you, personally, have made this thread so toxic
Toxic= Disagrees with a negative opinion about Lamar.

It’s as simple as that .

Here’s my comment that sent the Lamar homers , including you , into hyperventilation:

“Lamar has pretty much destroyed the Ravens free agency plans this year and has severely hurt our prospects this upcoming season with his unreasonable fully guaranteed demands that no other team wants to give him either.

At this point , the Ravens would jump for joy to get rid of him for 2 1st round picks.

I don't know of any other person that doesn't believe in what I just said.

Many just think he could have played against Cincy and didn't due to not having a long term contract”.

ALL TRUE !

Last edited:

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar’s done with Harbaugh.

Steve Biscotti loves Harbaugh.

That’s the problem.

per sources.
Really? I always thought Lamar and Harbs got along well

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
For sure. I totally thought about that. But it doesn't really hurt any team to offer. They don't currently have him and if they offer and we match nothing is different outside some of their GMs time.

But I'm sure there are plenty of people skeptical the Ravens aren't interested in moving on (not fearing a match). Or are taking Jackson's trade request seriously.

I don’t think Lamar is staying in Baltimore. I’m kind of thinking there might be a handshake deal between Lamar, the Ravens and another team for a trade either before or during the first round of this year’s draft. I just can’t see him as a Raven anymore after the press conference drama a few days ago. It’s just not looking good at all in my opinion

I agree with both of you. I sort of quietly rooted for a reasonable compromise between Lamar and the Ravens before the injury last season, but once that occurred and the drama around its severity and whether he could play soured the relationship, I felt the differences became irreconcilable. I just always wanted a kind of escape hatch in a contract with him because I've never been completely sold on him. Not that he doesn't have the skill or any bullshit argument like that, but injuries and a little on the personality side too concerned me.

Now, I think it's just done. Broken beyond repair. I can't imagine a scenario where he returns and everything comes up roses. It just seems impossible. So I would not be surprised if there is some kind of handshake deal already in place with another team to just move on from this. And I agree that there probably is more compensation draft pick wise for us as insurance that we don't match the offer.

One thing I have been wondering about and haven't read anything about it or seen anything is his injury. Did he rehab it, surgery? I could have missed it but I feel like it just hasn't been covered at all which is surprising to me.

btw, Happy Easter everyone.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Really? I always thought Lamar and Harbs got along well
lol
2DD21236-ECCA-4BFE-90D1-A5668FC8C009.jpeg

Tank

Hall of Famer
I agree with both of you. I sort of quietly rooted for a reasonable compromise between Lamar and the Ravens before the injury last season, but once that occurred and the drama around its severity and whether he could play soured the relationship, I felt the differences became irreconcilable. I just always wanted a kind of escape hatch in a contract with him because I've never been completely sold on him. Not that he doesn't have the skill or any bullshit argument like that, but injuries and a little on the personality side too concerned me.

Now, I think it's just done. Broken beyond repair. I can't imagine a scenario where he returns and everything comes up roses. It just seems impossible. So I would not be surprised if there is some kind of handshake deal already in place with another team to just move on from this. And I agree that there probably is more compensation draft pick wise for us as insurance that we don't match the offer.

One thing I have been wondering about and haven't read anything about it or seen anything is his injury. Did he rehab it, surgery? I could have missed it but I feel like it just hasn't been covered at all which is surprising to me.

btw, Happy Easter everyone.
Happy Easter!

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

It’s as simple as that .

Here’s my comment that sent the Lamar homers , including you , into hyperventilation:

“Lamar has pretty much destroyed the Ravens free agency plans this year and has severely hurt our prospects this upcoming season with his unreasonable fully guaranteed demands that no other team wants to give him either.

At this point , the Ravens would jump for joy to get rid of him for 2 1st round picks.

Many just think he could have played against Cincy and didn't due to not having a long term contract”.

ALL TRUE !
There arent many lamar homers as it wss flacco homers.. on this board, almost everyone has criticized lamar on his game and will agree that he fks up… idk what got into you lol but you been making it seem like you have something against him

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

It’s as simple as that .

ALL TRUE !
That post didn’t send anyone into anything, nobody cares enough about your opinion for all that lol. We all just think you’re annoying and corny because you’ve spent the past 4 months spamming links for ravens pacifiers and copy and pasting “stick a fork in em!”

Mainejet

Practice Squad
Outsiders opinion on the whole LJ situation....

1) LJ DESERVES to get paid. Lamar Jackson has so totally outplayed his rookie deal that honestly I think it's absurd on the Ravens part that they haven't already paid him.

2) The Ravens do not think he's worth the amount of money LJ is asking for.

3) Apparently, as we're seeing this unfold right in front of us, the interest in LJ just isn't there? So I guess you could say at least to some extent, the Ravens are ultimately turning out to be correct about the market value of LJ? Teams interested in LJ can have him right now for the price of two 1st round draft choices and no one seems to be making a move?

4) Personally, I'm happy the Ravens have allowed LJ to shop himself on the open market. It's paving the way for cooler heads to prevail. LJ is NOT worth the money he wants. The open market has spoken. This series of events has also exposed the Ravens for being cheap and undervaluing LJ. Common sense tells you LJ should have been paid long ago.

Honestly, I wish there were a blurb in the union agreement for binding arbitration? If there were, and I were the arbitrator, I would pay LJ a 4 year contract worth 180 million dollars 100% guaranteed. I reach that logic by number 1) Deshaun Watson opened the can of worms of 100% guaranteed money. I'll never know the stupidity of the Browns and what convinced them to make such a stupid offer, but be that as it may, 100% guaranteed money is now a thing. Can't put that genie back in the bottle. 2) LJ is very clearly a MUCH better QB than Daniel Jones. Jones just got 40 million per from the Giants. Once again I'll never be able to figure out the stupidity of the Giants for paying that stiff 40 million per, but the fact still remains. So the market has spoken and LJ is worth MORE money than Daniel Jones. However, I do NOT think he's worth Patrick Mahomes money. For my money, Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL as of this moment. LJ is definitely top 5 in my opinion so I think 45 million is probably a fair price based on factual contracts in existence. 100% guaranteed is a thing thanks to the Brownies, that is to LJ's benefit.

So that's my take on LJ and a good solution to the Ravens - LJ dispute. Now, I know that you guys hate me because I'm a Jets fan. So I'll take vitriolic responses with a grain of salt. Now you can try to tar & feather me and that's fine because I believe what I just laid out is probably where this dispute ultimately gets solved. Oh and happy Bunny day to everyone

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
That post didn’t send anyone into anything, nobody cares enough about your opinion for all that lol. We all just think you’re annoying and corny because you’ve spent the past 4 months spamming links for ravens pacifiers and copy and pasting “stick a fork in em!”
There is an ignore button . Hit it .

Shit you cry so much they started a thread on your crazy ranting :

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
There is an ignore button . Hit it .

Shit you cry so much they started a thread on your crazy ranting :

Just chill dude, it’s all good and not that serious. Don’t take it personal. Take a day off and relax lol