• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
All Lamar really needs is a run game that does not always rely on his legs.

Lamar being out there IS the threat, so the RB's need to take advantage. It's similar to Josh Allen honestly.

Lamar is one more monster year away from passing Mike Vick as the all time rush leader which is insane
and yet i would much rather he not pass Vick. I want another balanced year like this. He was perfect.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s kind of annoying that the Lamar interception and not the zay flowers fumble is being touted as the biggest play that lost us the game from most non Raven fans

It’s kind of annoying that the Lamar interception and not the zay flowers fumble is being touted as the biggest play that lost us the game from most non Raven fans
Both plays were equally bad and contributed to the loss. You just cannot turn the ball over in games like that and expect to win. But seriously tho, who cares what non-ravens fans think any way?

Tank

Hall of Famer
TBF Zay was a rookie, Lamar a 6 year vet. And while he could have protected the ball better, the defender made a pretty good play to punch the ball out of Zay's hands. Pretty ironic that it was the guy he taunted that caused the fumble.

Count me as a 27 year Ravens fan that thinks Lamar's pick was much worse. lol

Last edited:
TBF Zay was a rookie, Lamar a 6 year vet. And while he could have protected the ball better, the defender made a pretty good play to punch the ball out of Zay's hands. Pretty ironic that it was the guy he taunted that caused the fumble.

Count me as a 27 year Ravens fan that thinks Lamar's pick was much worse. lol
I was more pissed at Zay for the taunt, and as you say Snead made a play to get that ball out.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was more pissed at Zay for the taunt, and as you say Snead made a play to get that ball out.
Marlon made no such plays for us, he barely played. It’s funny how this was such a great injury year for us, we only lost our top 2 RBs and best offensive player and top corner. Oh well. Snead never should have had an opportunity to strip that, either shield with your back or don’t extend the ball at all, such a horrible play that just killed the momentum. The crowd was about to be absolutely unreal insanely loud. I’m so mad at him for that sequence, and to top it off he may be a Joe Mixon

Marlon made no such plays for us, he barely played. It’s funny how this was such a great injury year for us, we only lost our top 2 RBs and best offensive player and top corner. Oh well. Snead never should have had an opportunity to strip that, either shield with your back or don’t extend the ball at all, such a horrible play that just killed the momentum. The crowd was about to be absolutely unreal insanely loud. I’m so mad at him for that sequence, and to top it off he may be a Joe Mixon
As injuries go this was a good injury year for us. I can’t ever remember a season where we didn’t have at Least an few injuries. The difference this year is that we had some depth at critical positions. We made it to the AFCCG and was the favorite to win that one, so it wasn’t that bad.

As for the Zay fumble it just added to the list of bad plays and bad decisions made in that game. No more or no less important to the outcome.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
As injuries go this was a good injury year for us. I can’t ever remember a season where we didn’t have at Least an few injuries. The difference this year is that we had some depth at critical positions. We made it to the AFCCG and was the favorite to win that one, so it wasn’t that bad.

As for the Zay fumble it just added to the list of bad plays and bad decisions made in that game. No more or no less important to the outcome.
I agree for the most part on both fronts but I think the Zay fumble had to have swung the game more than the interception, it was bordering on desperation time at that point

Tank

Hall of Famer
I agree for the most part on both fronts but I think the Zay fumble had to have swung the game more than the interception, it was bordering on desperation time at that point
Down 2 scores with a couple minutes left on your own 10, and no timeouts is desperation time. Down 2 scores with 7 minutes left, 2nd down on your opponents 25 is not desperation time. lol

You gotta give a rookie a break, or 2.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Down 2 scores with a couple minutes left on your own 10, and no timeouts is desperation time. Down 2 scores with 7 minutes left, 2nd down on your opponents 25 is not desperation time. lol

Hopefully he can redeem himself, it’s unfortunate because 9/10 he scores there and he’s having an unreal championship game with 2TDs and however many yards. I still think the refs were bias for calling taunting after everything Kelce got away with

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

a break for the fumble yes. It was a hell of a play by the defender.

The taunting? He is going to get all the slack bc hes been doing it throughout the year

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hopefully Lamar can redeem himself next February.
It’s crazy how lack of playoff success is held against him, and even winning 2 MVPs is held against him, any non ravens feed and you’ll see running back, playoff choker show his playoff highlights, most undeserved mvp of all time, etc. saw this on a Lamar mvp highlights on nfl Facebook today.

Everyone has haters but this is exactly why it would have felt even more amazing to win the super bowl , now these assholes just get louder somehow after his second mvp.

To that first part, I know his playoff performance isn’t the same as his regular season, but only Flacco and Stafford have won a super bowl besides State Farm. That’s what gets me, and the only player I accept is Josh Allen, but just a little.

It’s crazy how lack of playoff success is held against him, and even winning 2 MVPs is held against him, any non ravens feed and you’ll see running back, playoff choker show his playoff highlights, most undeserved mvp of all time, etc. saw this on a Lamar mvp highlights on nfl Facebook today.

Everyone has haters but this is exactly why it would have felt even more amazing to win the super bowl , now these assholes just get louder somehow after his second mvp.

To that first part, I know his playoff performance isn’t the same as his regular season, but only Flacco and Stafford have won a super bowl besides State Farm. That’s what gets me, and the only player I accept is Josh Allen, but just a little.

Most people giving him shit is mainly due their belief that people like Lamar shouldn't be a QB. Having said that, his lack of success is a valid criticism and I wish he woud shut everyone the fuck up by winning the next 3 SBs.

Tank

Hall of Famer
a break for the fumble yes. It was a hell of a play by the defender.

The taunting? He is going to get all the slack bc hes been doing it throughout the year
No slack. As we've seen from experience, the playoffs require a different level of focus and demeanor. There's really no purpose or reason to taunt anyone in a win or go home scenario, he may have even provided Sneed with extra adrenaline to make that play on him. Just an immature, dumb thing to do and I'm sure he'll learn from it.

Last edited:

JAAM

Hall of Famer
IMG_9758.jpeg

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Most people giving him shit is mainly due their belief that people like Lamar shouldn't be a QB. Having said that, his lack of success is a valid criticism and I wish he woud shut everyone the fuck up by winning the next 3 SBs.
This is why I’m so mad at this team for once again choking

Tank

Hall of Famer
How I feel about Lamar on certain occasions too.

Just for the purpose of discussion....... Has Lamar had constant upwards progress? Is his passing skillset on par with other top QBs? Has he displayed the level emotional intelligence to succeed under tournament pressure?

While there's no question he has often been the most exciting player in the NFL during the regular season, these could be valid questions to come up while negotiating a vet contract. And it also may be they've already decided to pay him regardless. Definitely an interesting situation.

To follow on; Is there a team out there now that would compete in a FA bidding war? If so, who?

A post from late 2021.