• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm moderately annoyed that Tua is a finalist for CPOY, but Lamar isn't.

Tua missed time due to concussions, but played 13 games. Lamar played 12 games and missed time with ligament damage in his knee.

What's the difference that one is a finalist and the other isn't?

I agree with you. Difference is that Tua was one concussion away from being forced to retire. This season I believe he played every game and did very well at it

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Here are the various ways the Chiefs are trying to win this game, knowing they are the inferior team.
1. A referee who is known to help away teams.
2. Claiming they don't dance till they get to their goal of winning a Super Bowl.
3. Made up a rumor of Andy Reid's retirement after these playoffs.

None of this shit is going to work, because we have so many more real reasons to win.

1. Lamar is the MJ of the NFL and 2024 is the new 1990.
2. We are the best team in the NFL by a wide margin.
3. We are going to make sure the Referees cannot change the outcome of this game with opportune penalties benefiting KC.

Luckily, the list is in alphabetical order and its still not out of the question for a unanimous vote for Lamar. I doubt it, though. Too many haters out there and if they decide not to give him their vote, there is shit (stats and for not watching the games) they can use to defend their poor decision with.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I agree with you. Difference is that Tua was one concussion away from being forced to retire. This season I believe he played every game and did very well at it
Yeah, I'm not upset Tua is nominated- more annoyed Baker and Flacco are finalists when Lamar actually came back from injury to be MVP. Like, if Tua is nominated due to injury (which makes sense), shouldn't Lamar be, too?

All Baker and Flacco did was comeback from the couch/poor play. And in Flacco's case, he played all of five games.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Tua missed time due to concussions, but played 13 games. Lamar played 12 games and missed time with ligament damage in his knee.

tua's probably only on the list because they had to have 5 guys to make it look like an actual finals (they already know the winner etc.)

baker i understand
damar hamlin and flacco are both obvious
stafford is a bit odd and tua is flat-out nuts as an option

but they had to have 5 i guess

it's a narrative based award and it's been obvious since before week 1 that it was gonna be damar hamlin - joe flacco has maybe changed some minds but hamlin probably runs away with this award that's ultimately meaningless

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
tua's probably only on the list because they had to have 5 guys to make it look like an actual finals (they already know the winner etc.)

baker i understand

it's a narrative based award and it's been obvious since before week 1 that it was gonna be damar hamlin - joe flacco has maybe changed some minds but hamlin probably runs away with this award that's ultimately meaningless
I actually think Flacco is the most asinine.

Baker came back from poor play, but he at least played the entire season and outperformed expectations

Stafford had that back injury and came back to play phenomenal football.

Tua had his brain turned to mush and played at a relatively high level.

Demar is obvious.

Flacco played five games and generally had the mentality of, "Fuck it, there's a receiver down there somewhere."

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I actually think Flacco is the most asinine.

Baker came back from poor play, but he at least played the entire season and outperformed expectations

Stafford had that back injury and came back to play phenomenal football.

Tua had his brain turned to mush and played at a relatively high level.

Demar is obvious.

Flacco played five games and generally had the mentality of, "Fuck it, there's a receiver down there somewhere."
Joe just hitting fly balls hoping njoku and cooper could field them all

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

baker i understand

Failing to understand how you think Tua is flat out nuts as an option. If we want to include all of 2 Demar Hamlin tackles on the list just for surviving a heart attack last year, then Tua should be on the list as well because concussions can completely derail a player's career and cause death as well. And, Tua actually did ball out all season long, with the exception of a few games here and there. Far more so than Hamlin if only by default.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

They probably felt that Lamar is the frontrunner to win MVP so that's that. Other from that, I have no clue.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
They probably felt that Lamar is the frontrunner to win MVP so that's that. Other from that, I have no clue.
I mean, even then, AP was a finalist in 2012. I actually thought he should have won it, but I digress on that one.

I'm not saying that Lamar should win, but you have Flacco up there over Lamar...? Really?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I mean, even then, AP was a finalist in 2012. I actually thought he should have won it, but I digress on that one.

I'm not saying that Lamar should win, but you have Flacco up there over Lamar...? Really?
definitely something that was overlooked....big time.