• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Panthers

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Back at the Bank.
Back at Sunday 1pm.

The 3 quiet Sundays in a row were pretty pleasant. Now time to make some noise again.

Bye week was so well timed to try and get healthy again. Lots of guys who are returning or close to returning and will be worth monitoring this week:
Mark Andrews
Gus Edwards
David Ojabo
Charlie Kolar

too early to expect Dobbins or Williams back but they're on the horizon too

But first... the Panthers.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I want to see the defense show out. It's actually becoming fun to watch them work. Season is really flying by.

Would keep Andrews and Gus out until they are fully ready to go. I know I said I expected Ojabo to probably play this game but have no problem giving him until the end of the month or Dec to work him in. Hopefully get everyone back by week 14 so they can get their legs under them for the playoff pushoff. The team controls their destiny with a great chance at the 1 or 2 seed but that Dolphins loss most likely comes back to bite us in the hind parts.

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I Also think we should rest andrews. For one, we can’t have him getting knicked all year with nagging things, and two I think it’s about the most helpful exercise you can find for Lamar and our offense, stop zeroing in on andrews and force balance and ball distribution, it needs be made muscle memory for Lamar to dump off, find the hot read, etc. rather than look for andrews deep and scramble if the look isn’t there

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can get on board with the "rest until they're healthy" guys for a short period, but realistically, a lot of these types of injuries are the one's players just play through and have surgery in the offseason on. It's fairly routine.
So the idea that they'll sit out a month or whatever and be healthy I'm not sure is true. True health for them may be 2-3 months of rest and/or surgery.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I can get on board with the "rest until they're healthy" guys for a short period, but realistically, a lot of these types of injuries are the one's players just play through and have surgery in the offseason on. It's fairly routine.
So the idea that they'll sit out a month or whatever and be healthy I'm not sure is true. True health for them may be 2-3 months of rest and/or surgery.
Perfectly fair view. I guess I just don’t wanna see our star players who we need for January getting aggravated all year. Whether that’s applicable or not, well, im not in the nfl so idk lol

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Panthers are a team to be reckoned with folks. They are an NFL team with NFL players coached by an NFL HC. We need to play really well to win each game that is remaining on our schedule. No game is a given in the NFL. I've learned that the hard way after being humbled many a time. Now, I just want us to play good complementary football and get wins while getting healthy.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Perfectly fair view. I guess I just don’t wanna see our star players who we need for January getting aggravated all year. Whether that’s applicable or not, well, im not in the nfl so idk lol
Rep management may be more key. Fairly easy to do with Edwards, since you've got Hill and Drake (and eventually Dobbins). No reason Edwards needs like 20 carries.

And even with Andrews it should be feasible. Guys playing a super heavy snap load all year. Maybe that needs to scale back some. Not saying like 10 snaps a game, but maybe its 30-35 instead of 50.

Going to be the beauty of our defense (hopefully) in the 2nd half. Don't have to watch Houston and JPP play 40-50 snaps. They're just not going to be super effective doing that.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
The Panthers are a team to be reckoned with folks. They are an NFL team with NFL players coached by an NFL HC. We need to play really well to win each game that is remaining on our schedule. No game is a given in the NFL. I've learned that the hard way after being humbled many a time. Now, I just want us to play good complementary football and get wins while getting healthy.
Nah.

We will destroy them
Comfortably.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm so happy we get to play Baker. Overcome with joy.
In honor of another Baker week, never forget Marlo wanted us to draft him… what could’ve been.

98A811B7-7250-43B2-BA50-F85A79F48218.jpeg

JAAM

Hall of Famer