• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Why didn't we take dallas goedert over hurst?

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
To be fair to Sami he did say he didn't want Hurst before the draft.

And I do like Goedert, him and Hurst were very close on my board.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
if i was a millionaire id still buy a lexus or a volvo over any of that overpriced shit. ultimate blend of luxury and sustainability and i dont have to drop 6 figures on a vehicle that id be lucky to use for 10 years. and if i was ozzie/decosta and had to choose between hurst or goedert, in literally 100% of all possible scenarios im taking hurst and not even fucking considering the alternative.
Living near LA the cars some of these kids get are crazy. A chick I know literally can't read a sentence without messing up, but drives a 2018 S class Mercedes paid fully by her dad. Full red leather interior and all the gadgets. She actually can't park it. My other friend goes to a prep school where if you don't drive something 30k+ brand new no he said no one will talk to you. The school costs 15k a year in tuition and it's down in the valley. Rays and all stypes of Corvettes. I got a third hand passed down 2010 Passat with a steering column to busted to fix. To drive straight I turn left. And I'm happy as hell to have something. My buddy owns a 2006 Suburban with 370k miles on it and more dents than an NFL player's brain. Very unrelated but yes TE's.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You also didnt rate pettis who was what the third wr taken.

Definitive statements like "horrible" may not be the way too go.

And on your last part.... i still cant wrap my head around mike evans
And Pettis was widely seen as a reach lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
You also didnt rate pettis who was what the third wr taken.

Definitive statements like "horrible" may not be the way too go.

And on your last part.... i still cant wrap my head around mike evans

ill stand by not understanding the pettis hype but i guess we'll see

as for mike evans - it was early on in my football watching life but I loved what i saw from mike evans lol

arnie_uk

Veteran
oh yeah me too but i was all in on about 7-8 receivers from that class:

Sammy Watkins, Odell Beckham, Mike Evans, Brandin Cooks, Marquise Lee, Davante Adams, Donte Moncrief (and Michael Campanaro - lol obviously)
I had robinson as my no.2 that year behind Beckham