• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Refs and The Soul-Crushing, Heart-Breaking Injuries

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I thought it was weird the way Harb’s said that Gus, “just wasn’t able to get to the game,” when he was talking about his progress.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Also BTW vs the Panthers we only gave meaningful snaps to 2 WRs. Duv and Drob played basically every snap. Proche got a small handful and Tylan got 1. We didn't even try to use our guys. And I'm not saying we should have! Lol.

But it is crazy to think we basically only believe that we have 2 WRs on the roster right now. And one is a gadget guy and the other is a perennial WR3/4 and couldn't make the Raiders lmao.

I don't think I've ever seen a WR situation be this bad on any team ever in my lifetime

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Also BTW vs the Panthers we only gave meaningful snaps to 2 WRs. Duv and Drob played basically every snap. Proche got a small handful and Tylan got 1. We didn't even try to use our guys. And I'm not saying we should have! Lol.

But it is crazy to think we basically only believe that we have 2 WRs on the roster right now. And one is a gadget guy and the other is a perennial WR3/4 and couldn't make the Raiders lmao.

I don't think I've ever seen a WR situation be this bad on any team ever in my lifetime
I am about to label Proche as a bust.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
What are we going to do next season

With that small handful, Proche managed to drop the pass and get flagged again.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
What are we going to do next season

With that small handful, Proche managed to drop the pass and get flagged again.
Yeah going into next season you've only got a Lisfranced Bateman, Duv, Proche, and Wallace under contract. There's no reason to believe that both of Proche and Wallace even make the team. All indications should be that Bateman will be ready but who knows with this cursed team.

This position group is basically in a dire spot

What does this even mean? Name me a worse WR situation then you only gave snaps to 2 WRs and they wrote Demarcus Robinson and Devin Duvernay

Haha thought it was obvious that I’m joking about this being “normal” around these parts. Ravens WR situation has always been lacking. But sure, this year it’s slightly worse since we lost our top guy.

However, just to play along…
2015, 2004 - 2002 were all probably worse. 2017 was pretty bad too

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Haha thought it was obvious that I’m joking about this being “normal” around these parts. Ravens WR situation has always been lacking. But sure, this year it’s slightly worse since we lost our top guy.

However, just to play along…
2015, 2004 - 2002 were all probably worse. 2017 was pretty bad too
2002, 2004 are going to be hard for me to remember. Im gonna look back at 15 and 17 now.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
2002, 2004 are going to be hard for me to remember. Im gonna look back at 15 and 17 now.
Ok Jesus Christ 15 and 17 were bad. I can agree it was scary to look back at those corps but I cannot agree they were worse. At least 15 have SSS and 7 total WRs. And at least 17 had Wallace and also had 7 WRs. 22 has DRob and only 5 WRs where one is lost for the year.

2002 and 2004 also atrocious. I think 22 is worse than 02, but there's a chance 04 is definitely equally as bad as 22

Last edited:

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
What does this even mean? Name me a worse WR situation then you only gave snaps to 2 WRs and they wrote Demarcus Robinson and Devin Duvernay

1669080328169.png

That's '15 (Steve Smith tore his achilles)
We gave all snaps to 1 receiver that year.