• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 EDGE Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
No way.
He is OK but I think he really benefited from Anderson's presence on the other side. He needs to beef up quite a bit for NFL, I think.
Reminded me few times of Tim Williams.

haha maybe that's why i liked the look of him when he flashed - tim williams was one of my absolute favourites lol...

not sure Bama's usage of Anderson helped his draft stock in 2022 - spent a lot of time tucked in at 4i even in the running game, lots of stunts and line games up front and so not as many 1v1 EDGE reps as you'd like on his tape

certainly not what i was expecting to see after watching him dominate every tape i watched in 2021 last year

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
haha maybe that's why i liked the look of him when he flashed - tim williams was one of my absolute favourites lol...

not sure Bama's usage of Anderson helped his draft stock in 2022 - spent a lot of time tucked in at 4i even in the running game, lots of stunts and line games up front and so not as many 1v1 EDGE reps as you'd like on his tape

certainly not what i was expecting to see after watching him dominate every tape i watched in 2021 last year
They had to try something but D was still atrocious, in Alabama terms. I'm not worried about him, will be top 3-5 pick.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
HOLY. SHIT.

if anyone's confused about what elite bend looks like just go and watch Felix Anudike-Uzomah vs Texas Tech or vs TCU (2021)
it's like every snap is highlight reel stuff

some of his reps are eye-popping

struggling with how to grade him because he's raw in a bunch of ways but my god does he have a couple of elite traits to work with - and probably the highest quality pass rush reps of anyone in this class - if you took his best 5 rushes and put them up against everyone else in the class you'd think he was generational...

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
if it's BPA it's BPA lol
true, but bpa isn't true bpa. It's more bpa based on need with a value assessment based on position priority. That being said, if he's that much better than the top CB or Top WR, than you go with him.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
When doing a PFF mock I came across Thomas Incoom who seems like a hidden gem. Small school guy with incredible strength, and tons of explosion off the line for his size (6'4" 270). He's raw as hell, and dominated at a small school through power and violence, but he reminds me a lot of Judon coming out of college.

Day 1 he's a good run stopper with a role similar to Upshaw back in the day, but has the tools to become a good every down edge rusher. Also has the versatility to be an interior penetrating DL on obvious passing downs.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
When doing a PFF mock I came across Thomas Incoom who seems like a hidden gem. Small school guy with incredible strength, and tons of explosion off the line for his size (6'4" 270). He's raw as hell, and dominated at a small school through power and violence, but he reminds me a lot of Judon coming out of college.

Day 1 he's a good run stopper with a role similar to Upshaw back in the day, but has the tools to become a good every down edge rusher. Also has the versatility to be an interior penetrating DL on obvious passing downs.
I find a lot of guys through PFF because of how different they have they rate or grade players. I don't always agree with them, but it's a good tool for finding players.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know he's undersized, but if he can add like five pounds he'd be around the same size as Micah Parsons. It's definitely a risk but could be worth it for a team really needing pass rush help.

All that said, I personally wouldn't touch him until right near the end of the first round. That's where you get to the point that the risk is worth it compared to the rest of the talent on the board.