• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 EDGE Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It’s fast but he feels like a tweener type. Just don’t see him putting his hand in the dirt on the edge a lot at that size.

he's a smaller OLB - at least he has that elite athleticism and hands to fall back on as calling cards though as a pass rusher - and he does play bigger than his frame would suggest (unlike byron young who also did great at the combine) - one of the most fluid and developed pass rushers in this class with how he compounds moves and has reactive counters

a bit like travon walker, he didnt get as many opportunities to just rush on the edge as you'd like

obviously run defence in the NFL is gonna be a question but was not an issue at Georgia

Simba

Staff Member
he's a smaller OLB - at least he has that elite athleticism and hands to fall back on as calling cards though as a pass rusher - and he does play bigger than his frame would suggest (unlike byron young who also did great at the combine) - one of the most fluid and developed pass rushers in this class with how he compounds moves and has reactive counters

a bit like travon walker, he didnt get as many opportunities to just rush on the edge as you'd like

obviously run defence in the NFL is gonna be a question but was not an issue at Georgia
Oh yeah agreed. Think there's a role for him but wouldn't be surprised if that's more as a standup rusher in the NFL. Definitely think he can fit here with that in mind. But still think he's going to be a tweener for some teams depending on scheme. He'd have been perfect for that Leo/money role the Seahawks used to use heavily.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Oh yeah agreed. Think there's a role for him but wouldn't be surprised if that's more as a standup rusher in the NFL. Definitely think he can fit here with that in mind. But still think he's going to be a tweener for some teams depending on scheme. He'd have been perfect for that Leo/money role the Seahawks used to use heavily.

kinda fits the haason reddick profile
and he's really not the liability in the running game that some guys that size are

and he does show the ability to work as a 3-4 SAM where he can drop into coverage well and help create sim pressures etc.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
At his size he'd be great as an interior rusher on passing downs and an edge setter on running downs.
I think both he and kancey are gonna be game changers, like SPECIAL, I swear to god if I see either player go to Pitt or cinci I’m gonna throw a fucking fit. Adeboware with his freakish athleticism makes Oweh look like Courtney upshaw. He’s got play strength similar to a madubuike but in space he moves like a legit edge defender

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think both he and kancey are gonna be game changers, like SPECIAL, I swear to god if I see either player go to Pitt or cinci I’m gonna throw a fucking fit. Adeboware with his freakish athleticism makes Oweh look like Courtney upshaw. He’s got play strength similar to a madubuike but in space he moves like a legit edge defender

havent got to adeboware but kancey's lateral mobility and general explosion is potentially game-changing

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
havent got to adeboware but kancey's lateral mobility and general explosion is potentially game-changing
Kancey is a player that I can’t look past at 22. Maybe for zay flowers or JSN, but other than that I just can’t. I think kancey has that potential to go way underdrafted and then turn out to be the best player from the class

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Kancey is a player that I can’t look past at 22. Maybe for zay flowers or JSN, but other than that I just can’t. I think kancey has that potential to go way underdrafted and then turn out to be the best player from the class

people with his ability to move and his pass rush ability (from the interior too) do not generally last long in the draft at all

only reason he'd make it to 22 is because teams are over-thinking it

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
FYI for Nigerian Nightmare purposes...

here's some Nigerian pass rushers I've come across in this draft class so far:

Felix Anudike-Uzomah - who i really really really like
BJ Ojulari - who's super bendy
Adetomiwa Adebawore - who's a crazy but linear athlete (albeit a bit of a tweener)
I LOVE Ojulari.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I LOVE Ojulari.

one of my favourite guys to watch on tape - keep flip-flopping on precisely where to stack him - will wait on his pro day to help work out where he fits exactly on the pile - but i really enjoyed his tape

felix anudike-uzomah is one of the guys im higher on than most opinions ive seen around

not the biggest fan of adetomiwa adebawore but he's an insanely gifted athlete

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
FYI for Nigerian Nightmare purposes...

here's some Nigerian pass rushers I've come across in this draft class so far:

Felix Anudike-Uzomah - who i really really really like
BJ Ojulari - who's super bendy
Adetomiwa Adebawore - who's a crazy but linear athlete (albeit a bit of a tweener)
Love all these guys

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Isaiah Mcguire out of Missouri is kinda fun - especially for someone id never heard of

a little stiff but not completely linear (has some ankle flexion) but a stout run defender with some technical development required but who has the functional power and strength at the point of attack to be a really good run defender in the pros and has some good athleticism and a natural feel for counters as a pass rusher

not overly bendy but able to rush and create a short corner and attack the outside shoulder of tackles with some good lateral spring to cross face and knife inside

reminds me a little of ZDS and definitely has that interior rush upside as a stand up rusher

a guy who i've got a 3rd round grade on but could see being forgotten a little and if he makes it to R4 we should be very interested in him - just seems like a Ravens type prospect

reminds me of janarius robinson who came out in 2021 who i liked in that class but who has struggled with injuries and hasnt caught on anywhere yet

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
This guys fits what The ravens like in OLB's and fills out the room nicely. Could be a 3rd/4th round steal - Gave Broderick Jones more than he could handle

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Obviously I'm extremely late to the Kancey hype train but why is this guy not a decidedly top 20 pick?
He should be

But he’s also not the freakishly strong guy that Aaron Donald was coming out

There’s that big question about him of how well he’ll hold up in the run game when teams attack him and if he drops to the 20s that will be why

But you can definitely build a scheme or DL around him in the run game

But he’s not simply a plug and play guy in that sense which would be my guess why he drops if he does

He should be

But he’s also not the freakishly strong guy that Aaron Donald was coming out

There’s that big question about him of how well he’ll hold up in the run game when teams attack him and if he drops to the 20s that will be why

But you can definitely build a scheme or DL around him in the run game

But he’s not simply a plug and play guy in that sense which would be my guess why he drops if he does

His arm length is also concerning at 30 5/8