• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 EDGE Thread

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Starting to think between Van Ness, Murphy, Mcdonald, FAU, Smith, and White that EDGE might be BPA.

Because I'm expecting Gonzalez, Witherspoon, JPJ, and JSN off the board.

Think we're selecting one of the EDGEs who drops, Flowers, Addison, Kancey, Cam Smith, or Forbes.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Is he? What do you like about him?
He just has that knack for rushing the passer no? Like one of the things I personally look at when looking at EDGEs is their ability to get pressure and sacks as early as possible in the play.

Like I'm always extremely skeptical of rushers who have these big production careers but when you look at their sacks they all come 5 or 6 or 7 seconds into the play and it's more of just the poor college QB play causing the sack.

Foskey though has a ton of production and when he gets to the passer, so often it was early in the play and it was with his first pass rush move. Something about that given with the fact that he played against high level competition tackles makes me think he definitely just has the important part the "knack".

And that the rest of his rawness can be coached up hopefully. Interested to hear what you think

Simba

Staff Member
He just has that knack for rushing the passer no? Like one of the things I personally look at when looking at EDGEs is their ability to get pressure and sacks as early as possible in the play.

Like I'm always extremely skeptical of rushers who have these big production careers but when you look at their sacks they all come 5 or 6 or 7 seconds into the play and it's more of just the poor college QB play causing the sack.

Foskey though has a ton of production and when he gets to the passer, so often it was early in the play and it was with his first pass rush move. Something about that given with the fact that he played against high level competition tackles makes me think he definitely just has the important part the "knack".

And that the rest of his rawness can be coached up hopefully. Interested to hear what you think
Think he's part of the projection though, personally. Not to say he's a bad player, but think some of the negatives you see in his tape (stiffness, bend, get off, etc.) are all things that will hold him back from being a true star in the league. Definitely think he can play and start in the league, but just don't see him as this super projectable guy. Think he's one where he kind of is what he is right now in all honesty.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Think he's part of the projection though, personally. Not to say he's a bad player, but think some of the negatives you see in his tape (stiffness, bend, get off, etc.) are all things that will hold him back from being a true star in the league. Definitely think he can play and start in the league, but just don't see him as this super projectable guy. Think he's one where he kind of is what he is right now in all honesty.

Reminds me a lot of some other guys in recent classes who had lots of sacks, were hyped early, “fell” and went day 3 and then you never hear from them again…