• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Run Game, The 2 minute drills and Screw the Steelers Baby!

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
The guy who caught the Flea Flicker, his name is Trent Irwin and he went to my high school! He has been good for the Bengals with Higgins and Boyd non stop hurt. He was so cool to watch and was a big part of me getting so into football. His senior year he had 1974 yards in 12 games! it was a normal public high school, but we advanced past many dominate private schools who recruited players all over. he was the goat. it was really cool tbh

but fuck him. I hate the bengals. so I hate him
guanrtee he will score against us in week 18. *sigh*
Was he drafted? I mean he’s looked decent

Serrell Tuggs

Practice Squad
I don't remember Minkah F. being dirty while at Bama. Must be shittsburgh influence. And it's not just the hit on Snoop, he is doing dirty shit all game, most notably after the tackle in a pile.

Probably why he sucks. Played much better when he played clean.
Pittsburgh have been taking an extra cheap hit at the ball carrier after the play is over for as long as Tomlin has been there, because they get away with it as one of the NFL's darlings.

Minkah aside, I didn't think they were as bad for it as usual tonight, so he really stood out as a cheap shot artist.

It's smart I suppose. The Cowboys, Packers, Patriots etc, would all get away with it too, if they made it a policy to try and injure opponents in the same way.

Tank

Hall of Famer
These Pittsburgh mfers have more eyes than they do teeth but they still can’t see for shit smh
email16708362586088C7AC434-F25F-4903-87DC-5367339D9788-992-0000018CA09F4B89.PNG

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Steelers currently sitting in last place ^_^ yea eat a dick

Last edited:

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Snap count distributions are out. Offensive distribution was about as expected in clearly a run-heavy (and justifiably so) gameplan. Drake and Hill seemingly afterthoughts in the offense with Dobbins and Edwards playing.

Defensively, Stone heads back to the bench with Williams back (Stone played just one defensive snap) and Stephens plays zero defensive snaps. Hamilton appears to be a now nearly-every-down player as the SBC. Oweh and Houston appear to be playing pure pass-rush snaps and are lagging behind JPP and Bowser for playing time.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Snap count distributions are out. Offensive distribution was about as expected in clearly a run-heavy (and justifiably so) gameplan. Drake and Hill seemingly afterthoughts in the offense with Dobbins and Edwards playing.

Defensively, Stone heads back to the bench with Williams back (Stone played just one defensive snap) and Stephens plays zero defensive snaps. Hamilton appears to be a now nearly-every-down player as the SBC. Oweh and Houston appear to be playing pure pass-rush snaps and are lagging behind JPP and Bowser for playing time.

To add to this, Colon played a ton more than Cleveland did at RG

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Conclusion from this game for me. Thinking about next year, Guard is a very important position and the obvious choice of Ben Cleveland is not atop the charts for Harbs. May make moving on from Powers and Zeitler impossible. Even with moving on from one, you need to find another high quality player. A hole we didn't want to have.

Would really love for Lamar to reach that deal so we can enter a 2 year window of really being able to compete.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ro and PQ is a tandem that might cause a lot of trouble in the playoffs this year. You can attack PQ in a number of different ways, but so far there doesn’t appear to be a way to scheme around both of them, they’re just everywhere
Something just turned on for PQ and it happened about a month prior to getting RS. What a great tandem if we can somehow find a way to keep them together.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Conclusion from this game for me. Thinking about next year, Guard is a very important position and the obvious choice of Ben Cleveland is not atop the charts for Harbs. May make moving on from Powers and Zeitler impossible. Even with moving on from one, you need to find another high quality player. A hole we didn't want to have.

Would really love for Lamar to reach that deal so we can enter a 2 year window of really being able to compete.
So I personally don't think they'll move on from Zeitler yet.

What I don't really know is what Powers value is on the market. Could be high, could be low. A lot of us thought Bozeman priced himself out of Baltimore, and that wasn't even close to being true.
I would struggle with extending Powers before he tests FA because I think he's like the perfect player to let the market set value and go from there. If they think he's like a $10-15M a year player, then he won't be back. Probably true even if we extended Lamar. If the market isn't as robust for him, he could return.

While they're dramatically different ages, keep in mind Zeitler is still the better player, and his AAV is only $7.5M. So if I could extend Powers in that range, I'd consider it.

I'm only concerned about Guard if we lose both, which I doubt. I think you can draft somebody on day 3 and they can play reasonably well right away, or I think we could sign a cheaper veteran if needed.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Something just turned on for PQ and it happened about a month prior to getting RS. What a great tandem if we can somehow find a way to keep them together.
I can't see it. As great as they've looked, its just a horrible strategy to pay market value for two inside linebackers at the same time. They're going to have to pick one.
Now, theoretically, you can keep them together for two more years. Queen is cheap still next year, and 5th year option is available. Question becomes whether you can afford the 5th year option and how much it'll be.
I think Roquan is the better player and he's due for an extension before Queen is, so I think it'll be Queen that ultimately leaves.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I can't see it. As great as they've looked, its just a horrible strategy to pay market value for two inside linebackers at the same time. They're going to have to pick one.
Now, theoretically, you can keep them together for two more years. Queen is cheap still next year, and 5th year option is available. Question becomes whether you can afford the 5th year option and how much it'll be.
I think Roquan is the better player and he's due for an extension before Queen is, so I think it'll be Queen that ultimately leaves.
yeah, realistically I don't see it happening either.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Any idea the cost of his fifth year option? Going to be tough , depending on the structure, to keep Queen, Ro, and Lamar.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Any idea the cost of his fifth year option? Going to be tough , depending on the structure, to keep Queen, Ro, and Lamar.
Roquan Smith's 5th year option was 9.7m this season. It is a couple years from now so it should be more than RS's, but he was also drafted later in the first round.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Roquan Smith's 5th year option was 9.7m this season, so it would be more than that. It is a couple years from now so it should be more than RS's, but he was also drafted later in the first round.
It's probably doable if we really want to keep them together. Which assuming they both actually continue to get better (Queen is still young and ascending) (Roquan is still so new here) you'd really want to do if possible.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It's probably doable if we really want to keep them together. Which assuming they both actually continue to get better (Queen is still young and ascending) (Roquan is still so new here) you'd really want to do if possible.
as @rmcjacket23 spending that much money towards the ILB isn't the smartest thing to do. Much better to spread that money out especially if we have a 250m contract on the books. If we don't extend Lamar, than we can do anything we want.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Proche got 4 snaps lol. I get we weren't gonna do aot of passing but we only had 4 available WRs and he got on the field 4 times.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Roquan Smith's 5th year option was 9.7m this season. It is a couple years from now so it should be more than RS's, but he was also drafted later in the first round.
as @rmcjacket23 spending that much money towards the ILB isn't the smartest thing to do. Much better to spread that money out especially if we have a 250m contract on the books. If we don't extend Lamar, than we can do anything we want.
I really think were making a mistake under valuing ILB. This whole trend started based on a lack of talent at the position coming out of college. but when you find a quality player it makes a huge difference. We've seen our own defense has been completely transformed based on the improvement at the position. I'm hoping the organization makes a concerted effort to keep Ro and Queen together.