• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Run Game, The 2 minute drills and Screw the Steelers Baby!

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don't read into it too much. On this forum we're actually pretty nice. But if you go on the Ravens reddit you'll see our folk call the Steelers Squeelers. Browns Clowns. Bengals Bungles.
Well, I get those names for those teams. I even call the steelers the squeelers but, I call the Bengals the BUMgals and the browns the CLOWNS! But what the hell is a "Ratbird?" What is that? How is that name anywhere near being associated with the Ravens? :cool:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It's not an assumption at all. The offense with Huntley and Brown is drastically different. There's not even really an effort to pump the ball downfield.

against the steelers we barely threw the ball at all let alone downfield lol
of course we dont need a bunch of checks (or the 2 plays that lamar gets given) if we know we're running it basically vs whatever front they give us

with sack yardage etc. included, we had less than 100 yards passing...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
my favorite take was Linderbaum recognizing and telling the line, hey boys, we only need one first down here and the game is ours.
they knew we were about to run it 3 straight times and said bet lets stand up.

also, jk during the game and at the end, you can see how much of a leader and locker room guy he is. so glad hes back, ive been RAVEN about him for years!

for all those "rumours" of locker-room discontent... no signs of it anywhere

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Not sure how you would know how many plays are being called, but OK. lol

pretty sure it came out earlier in the season when they were challenged about why it takes so long to get the playcall in this year and they said that GRo's giving Lamar 2 plays to call in the huddle and he gets to check in and out and adjust based on his complete knowledge of the offence and what the defence is giving us - we've also seen that they've been able to do that effectively and still have time on the clock - what does infuriate me sometimes is when the playclock is a little short coming out of the huddle and yet everyone's just walking to the LoS

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
for all those "rumours" of locker-room discontent... no signs of it anywhere
who said that, Preston??? There hasn't been locker room decent in Baltimore, in the Harbaugh era.

I don't go far enough back with the Ravens, has there ever been locker room discontent?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why not keep him to solidify having a top MLB core with him and Roquan?
Because it'll cost a huge cap investment for a position that's not really valued that highly league-wide.

Do you know any successful teams that pay top tier money to multiple ILBs at the same time?

Tank

Hall of Famer
who said that, Preston??? There hasn't been locker room decent in Baltimore, in the Harbaugh era.

I don't go far enough back with the Ravens, has there ever been locker room discontent?
2007 there were some things going on. Then Pollard, that’s about it.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Because it'll cost a huge cap investment for a position that's not really valued that highly league-wide.

Do you know any successful teams that pay top tier money to multiple ILBs at the same time?
No, I don't! And, I understand the cap investment. My personal thought is if you have 2 solid players (who happen to be in the same position and on the field at the same time feeding well off of each other's gameplay) why not do what you can to keep both of them as opposed to merely have it be a "one-or-the-other" type of thing?

Do you see any scenario that could possibly play out as to how the Ravens could and would want to keep PQ and Roquan?

Last edited:

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
No, I don't! And, I understand the cap investment. My personal thought is if you have 2 solid players (who happen to be in the same position and on the field at the same time feeding well off of each other's gameplay) why not do what you can to keep both of them as opposed to merely have it be a "one-or-the-other" type of thing?

Do you see any scenario that could possibly play out as to how the Ravens could and would want to keep PQ and Roquan?
Sure. It involves Lamar not being a Raven after like 2023. Then I think you can sign/retain anybody you want.

No different than what we've seen historically. Couldn't pay Stanley and Brown at same time. Couldn't pay Yanda and Grubbs at same time.