• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 MLB Thread

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Yea they aren’t horrible but my favorite Os uniforms was always their black jerseys with orange lettering and white pants. I’m surprised they didn’t go Maryland flag themed
I would've liked a little more color or something on the front

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Rays will stay in Tampa as the city and the team has reached agreement on a new stadium that will be finished in time for the 2028 Season.

The Rays were never in Tampa, they play in St Pete. Hate it so much, but ultimately came down to politics. The Tampa side was essentially held hostage by a few politicians with crazy demands in order to have the stadium be publicly funded on our side of the bay.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Rays were never in Tampa, they play in St Pete. Hate it so much, but ultimately came down to politics. The Tampa side was essentially held hostage by a few politicians with crazy demands in order to have the stadium be publicly funded on our side of the bay.
So like the 49ers who play in Santa Clara but called the San Francisco 49ers, got it. I was pretty surprised they got a deal done, I thought for sure they would be relocating or doing that rumored Montreal/Tampa split of home games. I guess the A's filled the quota for the relocation to Vegas instead.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
If the Os could stop being so damn good that would be great.
Sincerely
A Rays fans tired of being 1.5 games out of first for what feels like FORVER!!!

Tank

Hall of Famer
If the Os could stop being so damn good that would be great.
Sincerely
A Rays fans tired of being 1.5 games out of first for what feels like FORVER!!!
It’s gonna go right down to the wire. I’m a little worried that we don’t have a bona fide closer.

On a another note, the guy you bad mouthed came close to throwing that no no today. lol

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s gonna go right down to the wire. I’m a little worried that we don’t have a bona fide closer.

On a another note, the guy you bad mouthed came close to throwing that no no today. lol
Woah woah woah Sir . I did not bad mouth means, just said he doesn’t compare to a guy like McClanhan

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Looks like the Rays are conceding the division race in an attempt to get healthy. The line up for tonight is damn near half of our triple A squad. But oddly still leaving our Ace on the mound

Unless the young guns pull off a miracle, thats the first division champion for the Os in a while. Congrats to you guys

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I guess calling him a bum isn't bad mouthing him? lol
Lol Means is a bum comparatively. He’s a middle of the road pitcher that can’t stay healthy

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well done by the Os. Regardless of what happens in the playoffs, it’s been an amazing year for the team and most importantly the fans.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Postseason set.... still think it's going to be Orioles-Braves.

First time that three AL East teams made the playoffs and none of them are named Yankees or Red Sox.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I already took off Tuesday and Wednesday. Let’s go Rays!

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Official playoff Bracket... Orioles await the winner of Tampa and Texas. Houston either plays the Twins or Toronto.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Rays look finished, could easily be a 2 game sweep by Texas here. Man.... did Rays fans know the playoffs started today? Can't believe the team stayed there when there is no fan support.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Rays look finished, could easily be a 2 game sweep by Texas here. Man.... did Rays fans know the playoffs started today? Can't believe the team stayed there when there is no fan support.
It was so bad yesterday. There is alot of infighting right now in the Tampa Bay area. Tampa side was calling for a boycott of the playoffs since the Rays took more money from St Pete to stay there.

It was honestly the worst playoff atmosphere I’ve ever been a part of. The Trop can really rock during the playoffs but I think people have had enough of ownership misleading them. There’s even a petition to officially rename them the St Petersburg Rays lol. I’ll still go today , but I am also tired of the nonsense and making the drive from the Tampa side. I didn’t renew our season tickets as a form a protest.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Round 2 , hopefully a better result…. If not I’m rooting for the Os and Marlins WS.

Attachments

• IMG_2900.jpeg
    IMG_2900.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2903.jpeg
    IMG_2903.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 46

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Fun/Depressing fact of the day:
The Rays have been so bad in the post season lately that they missed the the consecutive scoreless inning record by only one out.

1. 1974 Dodges 34
2. 2023 Rays 33
3. 1974 Orioles 30