• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Ravens Cut Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’m sad to say that we’ve been just awful drafting the past few years.
Cut-
Carl Davis
Bronson Kaufusi
Nico Siracusa
Breshad Perriman
Even though Perriman (15) Kaufusi (16) Davis (15), the 16 draft and 17 draft still stand at successes and will only get better. Look at the draft in its entirety.

Siragusa will go on IR. He is waived with Injury designation

Stanley
Young
Moore
Canady
Henry

Maybe Dixon

Humphrey
Bowser
T, Williams
Wormley
Clark

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
2015 likely goes down as the worst draft of Ozzie Newsomes career

Shame to see Kaufausi go. He was really coming on.

I didn’t want us to keep RG3. But I get why we did it.

Saying it now I WANT RG3.

Keeping the K/P. Genius

Even though Perriman (15) Kaufusi (16) Davis (15), the 16 draft and 17 draft still stand at successes and will only get better. Look at the draft in its entirety.

Siragusa will go on IR. He is waived with Injury designation

Stanley
Young
Moore
Canady
Henry

Maybe Dixon

Humphrey
Bowser
T, Williams
Wormley
Clark
If one of these players were star players I would say we have drafted well but they are just average players. It’s hard to win in the NFL with just average to above average players. Stanley is probably a top 15 LT due to injury he’s probably a better player if he can stay healthy
Young missed all of last season solid rookie season while playing slot
Moore is the teams #4 receiver
Canady is a depth CB played well at times and awful at other times
Henry probably has the most upside from this draft class but hasn’t put it together yet

Humphrey looks like he can be an elite corner just need to see him show out on the field
Bowser made some splash plays to begin the season but he got less and less playing time as the season progressed
The rest have haven’t played enough for me to critique.

We need better scouts it doesn’t help that we lose them every year, hopefully DeCosta next season brings some analytics to drafting. I’m not saying analytics is the end all be all just another tool to use to verify what you see on tape.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I'm wondering if Joeyflex will be in with the fantastic videos of Perriman's amazing catching ability.
Um. That wasn’t him, that was me. So if you’re going to call anyone out, that’s me.

And my response to you wasn’t that he has good hands. You said he played small. There are several things you can critique Perriman on, he never ever played small. Even I had to admit that his hands needed work.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
RGIII is critical for Lamar's development,way more the Joe and it is precisely why he made the team. Oh, and he played damn good in the preseason. If Joe gets hurt, RGIII is going in not Lamar.
Lamar still has that run first mentality and it will get him killed and injured like RGIII did .

There is no one better than RGIII to teach Lamar when and when not to run.

Hopefully RGIII teaches Lamar how to slide first!!

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

Keeping the K/P. Genius
We keep drafting (inside) DL's relatively high every year and the increasing use of the dime and nickel make them obsolete.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Um. That wasn’t him, that was me. So if you’re going to call anyone out, that’s me.

And my response to you wasn’t that he has good hands. You said he played small. There are several things you can critique Perriman on, he never ever played small. Even I had to admit that his hands needed work.
He played small ,very small. Look at that Redskin almost interception in preseason. No fight for the ball. Played small.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
We keep drafting (inside) DL's relatively high every year and the increasing use of the dime and nickel make them obsolete.
I don’t mind the strategy of drafting the trenches high tbh. I totally get it. That’s where football is and always will be won.
He played small ,very small. Look at that Redskin almost interception in preseason. No fight for the ball. Played small.
Seriously dude? He had fuckloads of contested grabs during his good season and wasn’t in the best position for the almost interception. That does show another problem with Breahad’s game(poor routes, timing, tracking etc), but he never ever played small. He wasn’t shy of contact, at all.. That’s not a matter of opinion. It’s a matter of fact. It’s honestly the one thing he did well as a receiver.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

Keeping the K/P. Genius
There must be a trade in the works for Vedvik if he was not cut.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

Keeping the K/P. Genius

I suspect both are trade bait and they kept them on the roster in order to help make them more valuable, unless the Ravens are keeping Koch's replacement on the roster

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t mind the strategy of drafting the trenches high tbh. I totally get it. That’s where football is and always will be won.

Seriously dude? He had fuckloads of contested grabs during his good season and wasn’t in the best position for the almost interception. That does show another problem with Breahad’s game(poor routes, timing, tracking etc), but he never ever played small. He wasn’t shy of contact, at all.. That’s not a matter of opinion. It’s a matter of fact. It’s honestly the one thing he did well as a receiver.
We will have to disagree on this one. I saw NOTHING about Perriman that showed anything . I wish him luck but I doubt he will do anything anywhere.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
We will have to disagree on this one. I saw NOTHING about Perriman that showed anything . I wish him luck but I doubt he will do anything anywhere.

When you say someone does nothing well it generally means you aren't looking because even the worst players have strengths