• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week One Discussion (Other Teams)

Who Has the Best Chance At A Upset Win?

• Total voters

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Flacco with his new receivers have definitely raised expectations after game one. This is the best I've felt about the Ravens since 2012. We'll see how we look after Thursday night. Am nervous as heck, but with optimism.

My new second favorite team in the NFL is now the New York Jets. Ever since Darnold's Freshman starting year at USC I've coveted him for the Ravens. (Actually it was his game vs. Penn State that convinced me he was of the highest NFL Caliber. In the same vein it was Lamar Jackson's game vs FSU that convinced our Front Office he was NFL caliber. (Reached a different conclusion entirely on that game.)".

We were in a rebuild and my wish for the Ravens was to deconstruct entirely to get Darnold. We would have had to post a 4-12 record or thereabouts in 2017 to do it, but it was within our grasp. Believed that strongly he was going to be a Great One. After Sunday, I believe there is a good chance we meet these Jets in the playoffs. Upsurge Flacco vs. Sam the Man Darnold. One can dream, even if the dream was not shared.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
In Week One of 2018, Teams with new Head Coaches went 0-7 beating a previous mark of 0-6 in 2001.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I must say I really enjoyed seeing Mike Evans absolutely shit on Lattimore over and over again. Glad he was put in his place. He is being pretty overrated as one of the best corners in the league already and that’s just not true. He’s got a ways to go.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Idk I can think someone offering Jon Gruden a $100 million contract might be more ridiculous, but that would never happen either.
I don’t have a problem with Gruden and I also don’t have a problem with 10m per season, but a 10 yr contract was absolutely ridiculous.