• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week One Discussion (Other Teams)

Who Has the Best Chance At A Upset Win?

• Total voters

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Lmao. Sarkisian's first drive of the year is a 4 down failed stand on the goal line. Just like how last season ended. The fucker really never learns

I give him guts for going for it on 4th early but hey it worked out for them. Now they are going to get the ball back with good field position.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
dan quinn called the 4th down - sark just made a bad playcall
Going for it in it of itself on fourth down is not the bad move given that your defense is more than likely to stop them where they are and you're likely to get the ball back shortly with superior field position.
But Sark gonna sark.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I swear if Julio was used properly like AB he would be the best wr.
He is the best WR in the league....

He's not the best fantasy WR in the league but there isn't a guy I would take over him. Like megatron he's just too freakishly athletic to cover and has ridiculously good hands and jump ball ability.

Too bad Sarkisian is an idiot and Dan Quinn kept him for some reason

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Drinking again?
I don't like how they buried Ridley in the slot. He should be outside and Sanu inside.
Actually I like Ridley in the slot. Giving that polished of a route runner the ability to do option routes against slot corners who really don't know what they're doing is a bigger mismatch than Sanu in the slot could be despite the size difference . It's a definitive upgrade over Taylor Gabriel in that regard.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Our first "What Is A Catch in the NFL" under new 2018 rules. Let's see how this plays out.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Actually I like Ridley in the slot. Giving that polished of a route runner the ability to do option routes against slot corners who really don't know what they're doing is a bigger mismatch than Sanu in the slot could be despite the size difference . It's a definitive upgrade over Taylor Gabriel in that regard.

ridley's biggest trouble iirc was against physical press coverage so putting him in the slot more negates his biggest weakness

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
ridley's biggest trouble iirc was against physical press coverage so putting him in the slot more negates his biggest weakness
As well as accentuates his biggest strength: route running.

It's a good move even though the reality is that Ridley is likely their second best receiver

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
THAT is what I want to see out of our defenses btw. This front seven is utterly dominant and has depth to boot.

I think our secondary is superior though their front seven has more elite talent.

The metric fuckload of rotating that they do is a feat that can be repeated by us given that we have a lot of depth.

Please be a good coordinator Wink