• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week One Discussion (Other Teams)

Who Has the Best Chance At A Upset Win?

• Total voters

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
It would be simply because houston have never beaten the pats, but based on squad talent yes its not an upset.
Yep. I seriously think Texans are pretty strong dark horse to win AFC this year. Will depend on how well their QB recovered.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Yep. I seriously think Texans are pretty strong dark horse to win AFC this year. Will depend on how well their QB recovered.
You know, with how much I bitch about our oline, at least we have three pretty good players(we'd have four if Harbaugh used his brain) but wow, fuck load of these teams have terrible offensive lines. Texans, Seahawks, Bills, Buccaneers, Denver, San Diego(though with Lamp coming back they should in theory get better), Patriots, Jets, Carolina.. Man those olines are either bleeding or just rough. I'm worried about Hurst big time but man a lot of these teams have horrible offensive lines as a whole.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
...or Bortles syndrome. Great D can only do so much.
Tell that to the 2015 Broncos where Manning wasn't himself and was old, the last time Tampa Bay was relevant or us in 2000. That Jacksonville defense is just as good as those units were if you asked me. Well, not our 2000 unit but I'd say it's just as good as the 2015 Broncos.

Now if they can just find a game manager then I'd easily pick them to win, but it wouldn't shock me if Jacksonville won the AFC

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Tell that to the 2015 Broncos where Manning wasn't himself and was old, the last time Tampa Bay was relevant or us in 2000. That Jacksonville defense is just as good as those units were if you asked me. Well, not our 2000 unit but I'd say it's just as good as the 2015 Broncos.

Now if they can just find a game manager then I'd easily pick them to win, but it wouldn't shock me if Jacksonville won the AFC
They will never be as good as 2000 Ravens D.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
They will never be as good as 2000 Ravens D.
But this Jacksonville D is an elite unit that can win a ring despite shitty QB play. Especially with them upgrading their oline so that way Fournette doesn't have to do everything all by himself again.

Tbh. Even with Hurst starting we still have a pretty good chance of making the playoffs. Titans will Pees and Vrabel themselves to death, Patriots have no offensive line and a horrible defense, Watson is coming off of an injury but that running game will be limited given that the Texans also have a terrible line, that Steelers defense is a massive joke and they don't have their best player.

We acquire a good C and actually start Brown like we should, we're likely the most well rounded team in the conference and are dark horse contenders ourselves. Especially if Wink turns out to be a good DC. Our defense has that much talent and if the offensive line defies my expectations the offense should be a pretty good one and we could beat anyone.

But until further notice Jacksonville is my my pick to win the conference with the Saints still being my pick to win it all.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
if there were ever a case for lamar making a difference to our team this year just in certain situations - it would be evidenced by the offensive ineffectiveness of these 2 teams inside the redzone
True but it’s just tough to take the ball out of your starting QBs hands on such big plays.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
The new helmet rule I can deal with. But dude this new “can’t drive your body into the QB” is just the biggest load of bullshit.