• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Awful, The Run Defence and The Offence

Mark Jackson

Practice Squad
Hard to be optimistic about the future of this team. Tough to see this offensive scheme will competing with the likes of Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow over the next 10 years, even with Lamar. Lamar will only become more injury-prone as he ages. His passer rating by year is trending in the wrong direction: 2019 - 113, 2020 - 99, 2021 - 87, and this year has not been pretty. Ravens front office has a difficult decision to make about how to construct this offense moving forward. So much riding on that decision.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean it held the fearsome Steelers offense to 16 points
They ran all over us from the first play of the game, it was hard to watch. They wanted it more, the padded practice worked. So sick of losing to the Steelers, they are not that good, we shouldn’t be losing to them so much

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
They ran all over us from the first play of the game, it was hard to watch. They wanted it more, the padded practice worked. So sick of losing to the Steelers, they are not that good, we shouldn’t be losing to them so much
We shouldn't be losing to a lot of these teams. Every game has been winnable this year be it against the Bills or the Browns. They have the talent to do a lot this year but I think coaching has been holding them back.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I'd say it was more execution than coaching these last few years against them.

-2016: Christmas game. Nothing more needs to be said.

-2017: Home game with no Brandon Williams. They were controlling the line of scrimmage and subsequently the game. Ironically, we were also wearing our all-blacks on a 1pm game. Road game where our defense gave up like 500 yards passing and the infamous Jeremy Maclin moment. We lost by 1.

-2018: Flacco was washed.

-2020: Home game was turnovers galore (cue the Oprah meme). Road game was with our practice squad of a roster due to COVID.

-2021: Again....turnovers. Lamar's dumbass INT in the end zone cost us 3 points and we lost by 1. I think at least twice we should've picked off Ben but no......dropped INTS for the win! Home game where Hollywood drops a TD pass and Huntley throws an INT in the end zone. Again with the dropped picks.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
For people blaming the defense let's look at the past five games of our offense: 10, 16, 3, 17, and 13 points. You need a defense on the level of the 2000 Ravens to have any chance with an offense this bad.

To add some perspective, the best defense in the league, the 49ers, allow 16.5 points a game. Other teams against the best defense are scoring more than we do against some very average teams.

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
I've been begging for OBJ for awhile. But it seems he's just not healthy enough.

Not exactly sure yet for OC, but I'd love for it to be an outside hire. Maybe someone from either the Eagles or KC staffs
Whoever is working with Jalen Hurts is worth checking
When it comes to WRs I'm less worried about a true number 1, and just want a group of competent WRs. And an OC capable of spreading out defenses and getting open 5 to 6 yard completions to move the chains and eat time.
To me a #1 is a clutch catcher who gets separation and has the ability to catch anything in the vicinity as Jackson isn't consistently accurate. Someone who's play can change the momentum of a game.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ok, Everyone!!! Let's go and beat those bangy bangle bracelets. Lets go win this division!!!!! We also have a playoff spot. Remember, we have never won SB with the divison crown, sad as that may be. C'mon!!! We can do it, but I do think Harbs should call the plays instead of Roman
We won’t the division in 2012

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Read the LFW article on br.com, Harbaugh, you are the coach so what gives?:

Edwards had three carries for two yards, compared to 26 snaps and 17 carries for J.K. Dobbins, who posted 93 rushing yards.
"I wasn't happy about that, in all honesty," Harbaugh said. "Gus should have played more – there's no doubt about it. That was something that … We should have had him out there more, and [there's] really no excuse for that."

Does this mean he’s frustrated with Roman?