• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Awful, The Run Defence and The Offence

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Embarrassing.

Not one positive to take from this game.

The offence with a 2 score lead, had 2 first downs the entire 2nd half after that 1st scoring drive to start the 3rd quarter. 2 first downs - and one of them was on the final drive in 2 minute...

The inability to adjust to what the Steelers were doing all game upfront with those 6 man fronts was awful.

The defence again held a team to not many points but that hides the fact that they also had an awful game. We got run all over - with no ability to adjust to the fact we were getting run over all game. Nothing changed. A defence with this much invested into it, should not fall apart when a 36 year old Calais Campbell gets injured.

Nothing has also changed since early in the season with regard to the defence's inability to not capitulate in 2 minute situations. Just horrible.

Huntley shows, yet again, that he hasnt got it.

It is typical Huntley Roman Ravens offence that we had a 60 yard return that put us basically in field goal position straight away, and without any penalties we somehow managed to lose yards and punt.

Yet again, we've somehow managed to clutch defeat from the jaws of victory. At least this time, the 2 score lead we threw away wasn't a 4th quarter lead... only a late 3rd quarter lead...

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I personally don’t care how well they were running the ball because it did not translate to points.

The issue was the inability to at least get first downs and give the defense a breather. They found a way to waste that huge Hill return

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Tyler Huntley is the primary reason we lost this game. He is not fit to be even a backup QB in this league.

Beyond that GRo called a truly awful game. He had zero answers if any kind. And to my eye, didn't even try to make adjustments. How was the playcalling in the 1st half any different really than the second? The passing game is inept. 2 catches for 18 yards by WRs. That's comical. Then you have your TEs dropping balls.

MM called a truly horrible game as well. They ran it down our throats. Pickett didn't do anything outside of like 2 throws the entire game. The difference was we let them drive the field every single drive. If Calais is that important, your DC sucks a huge cock. 4th double digit collapse by this defense.

This team has got nothing even close to resembling "it".

Look for next week to be a blood bath

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can't fully blame the defense for that last drive. They were probably gassed after those three and outs from the offense. This team just seemed defeated after that Hill returned got nothing.

It continues to be a trend that the team just doesn't have a killer instinct to it.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
One and done in the playoffs is a highly likely scenario after watching this mess .

It was embarrassing, on both sides of the ball .
The wasted Hill kickoff return , which is on the offense , was the key to us losing this game .

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Look like some of those classic Ravens vs Steelers game to me. It's obvious if The Ravens probably had a quarterback with a better arm than they probably win this game or atleast be a little less one dimensional on offense

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
It continues to be a trend that the team just doesn't have a killer instinct to it.
Never mind a killer instinct, our offense doesn't even have a slightly inconvenience anyone instinct.

Just quick, inoffensive 3 and outs then we politely get out the way and let them continue to wear down our defense.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
This team played like ass tonight. Got bullied in both of the trenches. That being said this team is also extremely poorly coached at both coordinator position. No one can convince me otherwise.

I even have a little sympathy. A LITTLE. For Greg. He's working with Andy Isabella and 36 yo Hammy Jackson.

But MM has a practically elite defense. Fuck that guy.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
This team embarrassed themselves in front of the return of Poe. Beyond unforgivable.

As far as Huntley is concerned.........

1672634186722.png

Simba

Staff Member
A downright ugly game. Had the opportunity to put them away so many times and pissed it away. Top to bottom failure

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
So you're telling me the Steelers can have the ball to start the fourth and have 13 designed runs, but more than one run when the Ravens had the ball to start the fourth against the Browns was too much?

On another note, a Ravens poster on here said that he thought Huntley would surprise us ahead of his first start of the season. And I'll admit, as someone who is down on Huntley, he has surprised me.... with how much he's regressed and is just terrible.

Huntley used to take what the defense gave him, didn't force throws, and didn't make mistakes. It was frustrating because it meant the offense wasn't explosive and couldn't execute quickly via the pass, but it did mean few mistakes.

But these forced, errant throws and bad decisions are absolutely dreadful and it's not at all like the guy we saw last year.

Edit: I made an error in the time of when the Steelers had the ball in the fourth. Fixed that.

Last edited:

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
The stats on scoring points says Lamar scores 10 more points a game on average than Snoop does .
That’s a huge difference and precisely why we need Lamar back , even a rusty one .

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I been watching this team for weeks and it is clear we are not a good football team. We regressed in a big way. Playoffs, one and done guaranteed.

I am not going to lie. Seeing Lamar jumping around on the sideline and wearing those sunglasses at night like he is too cool for school, when we desperately need him to play, seriously pissed me off. He didn’t look very injured to me. Two years in a row he can’t finish the season and he wants Deshawn Jackson’s guaranteed money. What, to jump around on the sideline? Fuck that!