• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Fishkeeping

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I can't remember if I've mentioned this here, but for the past 5 (almost 6) years, I have had several fish tanks. Currently, I have neon tetras, black neon tetras, guppies, peppered corydoras, angelfish, goldfish, and 4 turtles. I've been breeding angelfish successfully and I want to try breeding corydoras in the future. I'll try to post some pictures later.

Does anyone else raise fish or want to talk about them?

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can't remember if I've mentioned this here, but for the past 5 (almost 6) years, I have had several fish tanks. Currently, I have neon tetras, black neon tetras, guppies, peppered corydoras, angelfish, goldfish, and 4 turtles. I've been breeding angelfish successfully and I want to try breeding corydoras in the future. I'll try to post some pictures later.

Does anyone else raise fish or want to talk about them?
I actually just recently started up a 29g tank. I started off simple with a few zebra danios. It’s about time to add a few more, do you have any suggestions for some cool ones you personally like that could go in a community tank? I’m thinking maybe Cory Catfish so they can chill on the floor while the danios go crazy in the rest of the tank lol

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I actually just recently started up a 29g tank. I started off simple with a few zebra danios. It’s about time to add a few more, do you have any suggestions for some cool ones you personally like that could go in a community tank? I’m thinking maybe Cory Catfish so they can chill on the floor while the danios go crazy in the rest of the tank lol
Cories would be a good addition to your tank.

I think a dwarf gourami (or a pair) would do well with the zebra danios. They're supposed to be territorial, so there may be a problem if you decide to get more than one male. I've never personally had one, but they're on my wish list.

Any type of tetra should also do well in a community tank with the danios, and they add some color to the tank. My favorites are the neon tetras, but I think most tetras are relatively easy to take care of.

Other fish I would consider getting would be cherry barbs. They like to have some plants and decorations to swim around. I used to have several of them and the males added some nice color to my tank.

It depends on your personal preference of course, but these are the fish I would put with the zebra danios.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I'm trying to put a video together about the development of my angelfish fry and I'll try to share it whenever I finish. I wish I could upload pictures in the meantime...

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I got some more neon tetras today. I saw a video the other day about breeding neons, and it looks fairly simple if I can recreate the right conditions. Add them to the list of fish I want to try breeding.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Platies and mollies would do pretty well. They're community schooling fish. Platies come in some really nice colors and Dalmatian mollies are really cool.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I think a dwarf gourami (or a pair) would do well with the zebra danios. They're supposed to be territorial, so there may be a problem if you decide to get more than one male. I've never personally had one, but they're on my wish list.
If you can find a honey gourami (T chuna), they're pretty peaceful, but yes, male dwarf gouramis are fairly territorial. IF you are going to add them to a tank, I'd heavily suggest doing them last.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Platies and mollies would do pretty well. They're community schooling fish. Platies come in some really nice colors and Dalmatian mollies are really cool.
I’m thinking of some black and Dalmatian mollies next. Rn I’ve got 4 Cory Catfish, 2 female bettas and the 3 danios. Everyone gets along great

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I’m thinking of some black and Dalmatian mollies next. Rn I’ve got 4 Cory Catfish, 2 female bettas and the 3 danios. Everyone gets along great
Betas are pretty good with other fish, generally. You just have to watch out for other fish picking on the beta (for males) because they are so slooooooooooooow.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
That's a good mix of fish. If we can upload pictures again, you should share some pictures of your tank.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I bought some kuhli loaches off of ebay, and they finally arrived today. I'm super excited about these guys. I had 2 of them when I was 5 or 6, and I've been looking to get some more ever since they died.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Pictures won't load for me, but I was gonna say I seem to remember like 5 being a good number for them. Pretty shy, but social with their own species.
Yep, they do well in schools.

I think when they get older, I want to try breeding them, if possible. Could be a fun challenge.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I got a new 55 gallon tank, 20 lbs of dragon stone, and a baby betta. Pretty good Christmas.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Update on shrimp. I have at least 3 females that are "berried" or carrying eggs. Shouldn't be too much longer until I get some baby shrimp.

20190210_220638.jpg