• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Todd Monken Thread

Who do you think will get our OC gig?

• Dave Canales

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Eric Bienemy

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Todd Monken

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Bobby Engram

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Justin Outten

• Brian Angelichio

• other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't see Monken getting an NFL HC gig again. I think if he bolts, it's for a HC job at a prominent D1 school, and I'm not really sure he'd be in the running for that or would even want that.

MM leaving is a whole different story. I again would point out though that a) its extremely trendy for teams wanting HC's to hire offensive-minded one's, especially teams that have or will have young franchise QBs and b) there are other DC's in this league who have strong resume's that good get jobs first. Some of which have HC experience previously.

I think MM is a future HC, but not sold that it's this year.
Generally true, but the success of DeMeco Ryan in Houston could open some doors for MM. There you have a former defensive coordinator who has a rookie QB in the MVP running, and a helped create a quick turnaround for a team that's been pretty bad for awhile.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
MM is gonna get Head Coaching offers for next season. Bank on it. I would like to make him Assistant Head Coach and have him Head Coach when Harbs retires just like they did with DeCosta at GM. He is simply too valuable to lose.
Anthony Weaver is assistant head coach and in line to be the next DC. No guarantees that MM even gets an offer this year and I've been on this train for a while and for the same reasons @rmcjacket23 just listed. He absolutely could get an offer, but us even offering him Assistant Head Coach doesn't keep him in Baltimore if a team comes calling.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
teams can take monken not mm too good

I think the team is more prepared to lose MM then Monken. Monken legit has Lamar playing with consistent /proper throwing mechanics in which we haven't seen since 2019.Of course Tee Martin deserves credit as well but I wouldn't want to see Monken leave at all.

GodIsGreat

Veteran
I think the team is more prepared to lose MM then Monken. Monken legit has Lamar playing with consistent /proper throwing mechanics in which we haven't seen since 2019.Of course Tee Martin deserves credit as well but I wouldn't want to see Monken leave at all.
I don't know mm is the best coordinators on the team, letting someone like him leave is not good he has guys like clowney looking very good , monken can leave though won't be that big

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I don't know mm is the best coordinators on the team, letting someone like him leave is not good he has guys like clowney looking very good , monken can leave though won't be that big
That's understandable and MM may be the better coordinator now but the quarterback position is still the most important position on the team. Monken offense has had Lamar playing at consistent high level as a passer this season. He usually has been hot during the early part of the season as a passer then would get cold as the season went on in years passed but that's not the case this year. MM may be a fan favorite now but so was Chuck Pagano and Wink Martindale. For all we know Anthony Weaver whom has been getting alot credit for the pass rush this year may be just as good if not better than MM. Then their's Chris Hewitt whom has been a excellent secondary coach for quite sometime for the team that could be just as good as MM as well. The Ravens have been running the same defensive system since Harbaugh been coaching this team and always have shown the ability to have a replacement in the wing.

I'm not sure if Lamar and this entire offensive staff is prepared for a new offense or new offensive coordinator if Monken leaves for a head coaching job. Crazy thing is this offense hasn't even reach it's ceiling yet so I wouldn't want Monken to leave at all after this year. Just think this team is more prepared to lose MM than Monken at this rate.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think both of them are good coordinators. Now obviously MM is better, but I wouldn't want to lose either. I say MM almost certainly gets an offer or 2, but it will be unappealing jobs such as the Panthers, and I don't think he's gonna be gone this year. Todd Monken is almost certainly staying, and I think we made a good hire in him.

Simba

Staff Member
On the head coaching possibilities as a whole... if either of them get an offer, they're gone. There are only 32 of those jobs in the world and if you're lucky, 1/4th of them are open at any given time. If you get the opportunity, you take it. Ask Byron Leftwich how passing on one of those jobs went...