• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 2 Baltimore Ravens @ Cincinnati Bengals

Status
Not open for further replies.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
We just not going to create a 2018 Game Thread Section are we? In place of the pool picture, I'll leave my prediction.

Ravens 28
Bengals 10

No 4th & 12..... no more 4th quarter magic by the Bengals. We finish our revenge tour by beating down the Bengals.

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Just think, the Bengals could have fired Marvin Lewis if they had layed down and turned against him in order to get him fired. Yet Dalton and Boyd showed they love mediocre coaching.

We shut them out at home last year, let's do it again.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Preston Brown couldnt go tonight either - he's out for the game - there's an important hole in the bengals middle linebacker corps - he was a key element of their ability to stop the run and while he's not brilliant in pass coverage he was their 2nd most effective coverage linebacker (doesnt say a lot about the rest of their linebacker coverage talent) and he was likely going to see a lot of passing down snaps

the bengals dont run any dime so expect the big mismatches in the passing game to come intermediate over the middle - expect willie snead, john brown and the tight ends to be the guys who try and exploit that mismatch

and i hope we see a lot of multiple tight end packages both passing and running because it keeps carl lawson off the field (he exclusively plays as rush linebacker in the nickel package only)

if we want to help out someone like james hurst and keep michael johnson on the field in stead of a better pass rusher we are going to have to get creative with our personnel and not automatically go 3 wide all the time

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Preston Brown couldnt go tonight either - he's out for the game - there's an important hole in the bengals middle linebacker corps - he was a key element of their ability to stop the run and while he's not brilliant in pass coverage he was their 2nd most effective coverage linebacker (doesnt say a lot about the rest of their linebacker coverage talent) and he was likely going to see a lot of passing down snaps

the bengals dont run any dime so expect the big mismatches in the passing game to come intermediate over the middle - expect willie snead, john brown and the tight ends to be the guys who try and exploit that mismatch

and i hope we see a lot of multiple tight end packages both passing and running because it keeps carl lawson off the field (he exclusively plays as rush linebacker in the nickel package only)

if we want to help out someone like james hurst and keep michael johnson on the field in stead of a better pass rusher we are going to have to get creative with our personnel and not automatically go 3 wide all the time
Outside of William Jackson III, the other members of the secondary don't scare me as much. Now would be a good time to see some of that patented Greg Roman creativity. We get a good run game going, I don't think their secondary matches up well against our WRs.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Outside of William Jackson III, the other members of the secondary don't scare me as much. Now would be a good time to see some of that patented Greg Roman creativity. We get a good run game going, I don't think their secondary matches up well against our WRs.

dre kirkpatrick played well last week, william jackson's good but their safeties are either inexperienced or vulnerable and darqueze dennard is promising but hasnt achieved his potential yet - the middle of the field is where we will eat in the passing game which i imagine will suit joe just fine as long as he doesnt have to throw off his backfoot to avoid geno

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
dre kirkpatrick played well last week, william jackson's good but their safeties are either inexperienced or vulnerable and darqueze dennard is promising but hasnt achieved his potential yet - the middle of the field is where we will eat in the passing game which i imagine will suit joe just fine as long as he doesnt have to throw off his backfoot to avoid geno
Could see a few big plays from Andrews, esp if he gets loose with the ball in his hands

Status
Not open for further replies.